Italeri 1/48 Mirage F1

    Share

    clioguy
    Bronze
    Bronze

    Posts : 258
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 37
    Location : Marsaskala, Malta

    Italeri 1/48 Mirage F1

    Post  clioguy on Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:30 pm

    While I'm waiting for my other WIPs to dry from some paint, I started working on the Italeri Mirage F1 CT/CR converted to ED.
    Started work on the NeOmega resin cockpit:






    This is the cockpit dry-fitted in it's place:




    I also opened up a panel to the front undercarriage:


    And this is the aircraft with the major parts dry-fitted:


    Next up will be gluing the cockpit in place, then scratch building the tail detail which is different on the ED than on the CT/CR

    Comments welcome

    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 3172
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 42
    Location : Marsascala, Malta

    Re: Italeri 1/48 Mirage F1

    Post  iCocker on Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:39 pm

    Great start mate ... hope you are decided by now for the colour Twisted Evil

    clioguy
    Bronze
    Bronze

    Posts : 258
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 37
    Location : Marsaskala, Malta

    Re: Italeri 1/48 Mirage F1

    Post  clioguy on Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:43 pm

    haha!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
    Not yet decided on the colours!!

    J.Fenech
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2103
    Join date : 2009-08-01
    Age : 42
    Location : MALTA - South

    Re: Italeri 1/48 Mirage F1

    Post  J.Fenech on Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:46 pm

    looking good, well done! hope you solved the issue whether it is dk brown or dk grey Twisted Evil

    AdriaN
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 925
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 28
    Location : St Julians

    Re: Italeri 1/48 Mirage F1

    Post  AdriaN on Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:12 pm

    Shocked im jealous.. i want a mirage f1. esp with all these mirages f1s in malta lately lol!

    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 6102
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 53
    Location : Zurrieq MALTA

    Re: Italeri 1/48 Mirage F1

    Post  Ray on Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:20 pm

    Good start Duncan Smile

    Looking forward to see this in MALTESE colours Twisted Evil

    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    Re: Italeri 1/48 Mirage F1

    Post  skyhigh on Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:38 pm

    Ray wrote:Good start Duncan Smile

    Looking forward to see this in MALTESE colours Twisted Evil





    lol! lol! lol!

    clioguy
    Bronze
    Bronze

    Posts : 258
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 37
    Location : Marsaskala, Malta

    Re: Italeri 1/48 Mirage F1

    Post  clioguy on Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:05 pm

    skyhigh wrote:
    Ray wrote:Good start Duncan Smile

    Looking forward to see this in MALTESE colours Twisted Evil





    lol! lol! lol!

    lol! lol! lol!
    I can do it like this... it will be easier for me as I would not have to convert it to ED, but leave it as it is!
    afro afro
    So the question is: Maltese, or Libyan??

    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 6102
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 53
    Location : Zurrieq MALTA

    Re: Italeri 1/48 Mirage F1

    Post  Ray on Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:13 pm

    MALTESE lol!

    AdriaN
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 925
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 28
    Location : St Julians

    Re: Italeri 1/48 Mirage F1

    Post  AdriaN on Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:59 pm

    please Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad im sick and tired of hearing all these silly (not funny) jokes of the mirages being now 'maltese airforce property'. facebook, times of malta, maltapark.. the joke has gotten a bit stale now. no offence ssm brothers No

    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4061
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : St. Julian's

    Re: Italeri 1/48 Mirage F1

    Post  bcauchi on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:44 pm

    Adrian is right but if you have to paint it in Maltese colours as a sort of 'what if'plane then you need to use the new AFM colour scheme of grey upper surfaces over white undersides.

    clioguy
    Bronze
    Bronze

    Posts : 258
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 37
    Location : Marsaskala, Malta

    Re: Italeri 1/48 Mirage F1

    Post  clioguy on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:50 pm

    nah... I'll just go Libyan.

    Does anyone have the specs / drawings of the tail of the ED so I can compare it to what I have and build it. Also, should I build it entirely out of milliput? This is the first time I'm trying to scratc hbuild something....

    AdriaN
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 925
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 28
    Location : St Julians

    Re: Italeri 1/48 Mirage F1

    Post  AdriaN on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:54 pm

    a guy from britmodeller is doing one, look at his tail:
    http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=67204&hl=mirage


    J.Fenech
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2103
    Join date : 2009-08-01
    Age : 42
    Location : MALTA - South

    Re: Italeri 1/48 Mirage F1

    Post  J.Fenech on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:59 pm

    AdriaN wrote:please Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad im sick and tired of hearing all these silly (not funny) jokes of the mirages being now 'maltese airforce property'. facebook, times of malta, maltapark.. the joke has gotten a bit stale now. no offence ssm brothers No


    calm down Mr Twisted Evil have a break!!!!

    I know what you are saying, but we have a lot of pseudo experts in evrey field and many of the comments are truely pathetic. For starters, the mirages that landed in malta were armed with exocets Suspect Shocked - they need an opthalmologist Evil or Very Mad , munitions dispenser is empty, they fired one of the magic AAM, they should have landed on the french carrier and so on!!! Mad Mad
    The french mirages that landed here were recon configured, the only weapon carried was a single self defence magic AAM which is being replaced in service by the MICA, no offensive weapons seen on the pylons, just a pair of fuel tanks and ECM pods.

    p.s. - please somebody tell me that they have seen a pair of exocet missile armed mirages land Mad Mad most probab;y it was a 'mirage' Twisted Evil Twisted Evil



    J.Fenech
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2103
    Join date : 2009-08-01
    Age : 42
    Location : MALTA - South

    Re: Italeri 1/48 Mirage F1

    Post  J.Fenech on Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:05 pm

    bcauchi wrote:Adrian is right but if you have to paint it in Maltese colours as a sort of 'what if'plane then you need to use the new AFM colour scheme of grey upper surfaces over white undersides.


    If there is something that I hate is the 'what if schemes' Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad - better do science fiction subjects Razz

    J.Fenech
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2103
    Join date : 2009-08-01
    Age : 42
    Location : MALTA - South

    Re: Italeri 1/48 Mirage F1

    Post  J.Fenech on Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:07 pm

    I agree Duncan go for the Libyan scheme bom

    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 6102
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 53
    Location : Zurrieq MALTA

    Re: Italeri 1/48 Mirage F1

    Post  Ray on Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:36 pm

    U jien mhux biex nitnejjek naqra huti fl-SSM u biex inkompli mat-tnejjijka mistoqsija ta' Duncan Laughing u ghalfejn tahsbu li staqsa dik il-mistoqsija Laughing mhux biex jinbex u jien inkun pront u nwiegbu hekk Laughing u mhux biex inqabbdu x-xrar fost l-argumenti taghna Laughing

    Ma tarax li ha naqbel xi darba ma scheme immaginarja Laughing

    Sorry for our non Maltese members and/or whoever does not have a good command of our NATIVE LANGUAGE, that was & will stay in Maltese Razz

    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    Re: Italeri 1/48 Mirage F1

    Post  skyhigh on Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:49 am

    clioguy wrote:nah... I'll just go Libyan.

    Does anyone have the specs / drawings of the tail of the ED so I can compare it to what I have and build it. Also, should I build it entirely out of milliput? This is the first time I'm trying to scratc hbuild something....

    Duncan this may help a little... and the tail drawing, I don't realy now which version but it's close...




    clioguy
    Bronze
    Bronze

    Posts : 258
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 37
    Location : Marsaskala, Malta

    Re: Italeri 1/48 Mirage F1

    Post  clioguy on Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:55 am

    skyhigh wrote:
    clioguy wrote:nah... I'll just go Libyan.

    Does anyone have the specs / drawings of the tail of the ED so I can compare it to what I have and build it. Also, should I build it entirely out of milliput? This is the first time I'm trying to scratc hbuild something....

    Duncan this may help a little... and the tail drawing, I don't realy now which version but it's close...




    Thank you Marco!! I love you I love you I love you

    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 3172
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 42
    Location : Marsascala, Malta

    Re: Italeri 1/48 Mirage F1

    Post  iCocker on Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:12 am

    You might add a sketch of Apap's Tritoni fountain on the tail of the Malta scheme as in a few years we are getting rid of our land marks aswell! Made in Malta as usual ... at least they are leaving the great monument that reflects our golden seaters ... the mythical Luqa monument! So sad ...

    But lets keep on modelling ... keep it Libyan mate, no fantasy schemes! Those pods you have to scratch or are available resin?

    Iv

    clioguy
    Bronze
    Bronze

    Posts : 258
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 37
    Location : Marsaskala, Malta

    Re: Italeri 1/48 Mirage F1

    Post  clioguy on Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:35 am

    no scratchbuilding required for the pods, as I found these

    They are actually intended for the Jaguar, but are the same (or very similar) to the pods on the F1s

    AdriaN
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 925
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 28
    Location : St Julians

    Re: Italeri 1/48 Mirage F1

    Post  AdriaN on Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:45 pm

    J.Fenech wrote:
    AdriaN wrote:please Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad im sick and tired of hearing all these silly (not funny) jokes of the mirages being now 'maltese airforce property'. facebook, times of malta, maltapark.. the joke has gotten a bit stale now. no offence ssm brothers No


    calm down Mr Twisted Evil have a break!!!!

    I know what you are saying, but we have a lot of pseudo experts in evrey field and many of the comments are truely pathetic. For starters, the mirages that landed in malta were armed with exocets Suspect Shocked - they need an opthalmologist Evil or Very Mad , munitions dispenser is empty, they fired one of the magic AAM, they should have landed on the french carrier and so on!!! Mad Mad
    The french mirages that landed here were recon configured, the only weapon carried was a single self defence magic AAM which is being replaced in service by the MICA, no offensive weapons seen on the pylons, just a pair of fuel tanks and ECM pods.

    p.s. - please somebody tell me that they have seen a pair of exocet missile armed mirages land Mad Mad most probab;y it was a 'mirage' Twisted Evil Twisted Evil




    Its true mr. Mad

    Dont even get me started what the experts said on the x4 french mirages! Evil or Very Mad

    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 3172
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 42
    Location : Marsascala, Malta

    Re: Italeri 1/48 Mirage F1

    Post  iCocker on Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:09 pm

    clioguy wrote:no scratchbuilding required for the pods, as I found these

    They are actually intended for the Jaguar, but are the same (or very similar) to the pods on the F1s


    One problem solved ... but they look empty, probably you need some evergreen rods to fill the pods with rockets ...

    Ivan

    clioguy
    Bronze
    Bronze

    Posts : 258
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 37
    Location : Marsaskala, Malta

    Re: Italeri 1/48 Mirage F1

    Post  clioguy on Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:34 pm

    After some slow progress, and while waiting for some after-market parts to arrive, I have finally continued to work on the Mirage F1. My next task is to try and enhance the air-brakes on the kit, since the moulding there is not very good. I would appreciate if someone can guide me to a site where I can get (preferabbly) drawings of the air brakes (located beneath the front wings)

    Thanks!

    AdriaN
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 925
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 28
    Location : St Julians

    Re: Italeri 1/48 Mirage F1

    Post  AdriaN on Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:08 am

    Duncan these may interest you, even though none are of the airbrake! Embarassed

    http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/AWA1/301-400/walk313_F1-Mirage/walk313.htm

    http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/AWA1/201-300/walk248_Mirage_F1/part3/walk248c.htm

    http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/AWA1/201-300/walk248_Mirage_F1/part2/walk248b.htm

    http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/AWA1/501-600/walk551_MirageF1C_333LORRAINE/walk551.htm

      Current date/time is Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:52 am