SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Richard the 1st

Richard the 1st Empty Richard the 1st

Post  Guest Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:57 pm

Hi Guys

Specially Ivan, I have just had a brilliant day at work and the juices have started to flow. Having bought the SK miniatures figure of Richard the First I am now looking at getting some info for it, you know the standard stuff as I have never tried to portray this Royal before, so here is the questions......?

Two lions or three, shield and surcoat or just shield, base colour of surcoat and shield, Red or White......

I know they are simple questions, I just don’t know the answers

Thanks

Dave
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Richard the 1st Empty Re: Richard the 1st

Post  skyhigh Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:21 am

DaveM wrote:Hi Guys

Specially Ivan, I have just had a brilliant day at work and the juices have started to flow. Having bought the SK miniatures figure of Richard the First I am now looking at getting some info for it, you know the standard stuff as I have never tried to portray this Royal before, so here is the questions......?

Two lions or three, shield and surcoat or just shield, base colour of surcoat and shield, Red or White......

I know they are simple questions, I just don’t know the answers

Thanks

Dave

was on the net , and found these may be they are helpful...

Richard the 1st King_r10

Richard the 1st Knight10

Richard the 1st Lionhe10

[

Richard the 1st King-r10
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:41 pm

Dave

Glad you got your flair back ...

During the crusades Richard had stylised 2 leopards facing each other on a red field. The idea of three for the British Royalty came after his reign. Also for the crusades he used a white small cross for his army, the red cross was used by his brother in arms [some say his partner] the French King Philip.

Got one myself and talking to Mike Blank his idea to do a standard knight that can be painted as one feels ... I like it simple and very good cast figure, tempted myself to do for once the famous Crusader King then the usual Ifrir ... but will see when he hits the bench ...

Sorry Marco, most images are stylised romantic illustration and the bottom illumination might have been done after his life ... the original seal of the period is two leopards [not lions], thats the problem of the net they put everything!

Ivan
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:32 pm

so good i learn something new today, still this subject is interesting....... scratch study

Post  Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:11 pm

Marco, Thanks very much for the images, i had seen some of these already, and it these and others that gave me the confusion in the first place, but thank you anyway.

Ivan, thanks very much, so I could use a small cross on the surcoat, would this be centred on they chest or on the left, I may go with the single lion Rampant on the shield....

I hope its a good enough look for this figure

Dave
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:16 am

DaveM wrote:Marco, Thanks very much for the images, i had seen some of these already, and it these and others that gave me the confusion in the first place, but thank you anyway.

Ivan, thanks very much, so I could use a small cross on the surcoat, would this be centred on they chest or on the left, I may go with the single lion Rampant on the shield....

I hope its a good enough look for this figure

Dave

Hi Dave,

Sorry but a single 'cat' is not Richard's coat of arms, you have to do 2! Regarding the cross, you can place it as you like, their was no real preference from the literature available.

Ivan
    RayCaruana
    RayCaruana
    Gold
    Gold

Post  RayCaruana Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:34 am

Something like this...

Richard the 1st Arms10

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content