• Post new topic
  • Reply to topic

Voting for next World Expo 2014

Share

iCocker
Best in Show
Best in Show

Posts: 3118
Join date: 2009-07-21
Age: 40
Location: Marsascala, Malta

Voting for next World Expo 2014

Post  iCocker on Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:33 pm

Gentlemen

As members of the WMSF we are given the right to give our vote of preferance to next World Expo, after the fiasco of Swizerland hopefully this shall be redeemed ...

So the candidates are

· Palermo, Sicily (Italy) – show to be in Monreale, near Palermo - Historical Norman Building
· Stresa, Italy – location is north of Milan - Modern Expo Conference Hall

Of particular note the Palermo event is to be organised by our friends i Normanni from Palermo, the other Milan side it looks there is the usual suspect ... Ivo Preda ... so seems the Italian rivality of North and South is there ...

May I just remind you that the same Northern blood was responsible of the ROMA WE ... affraid

So what is SSM vote? Shall we agree to support our Sicilian brothers?

On a different note Bill Horan is the president now as it seems Shep Paine is very ill, lets remember the GM in our prayers ...

Ivan

Ray
Best in Show
Best in Show

Posts: 5825
Join date: 2009-07-21
Age: 51
Location: Zurrieq MALTA

Re: Voting for next World Expo 2014

Post  Ray on Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:50 pm

iCocker wrote:Gentlemen

As members of the WMSF we are given the right to give our vote of preferance to next World Expo, after the fiasco of Swizerland hopefully this shall be redeemed ...

So the candidates are

· Palermo, Sicily (Italy) – show to be in Monreale, near Palermo - Historical Norman Building
· Stresa, Italy – location is north of Milan - Modern Expo Conference Hall

Of particular note the Palermo event is to be organised by our friends i Normanni from Palermo, the other Milan side it looks there is the usual suspect ... Ivo Preda ... so seems the Italian rivality of North and South is there ...

May I just remind you that the same Northern blood was responsible of the ROMA WE ... affraid

So what is SSM vote? Shall we agree to support our Sicilian brothers?

On a different note Bill Horan is the president now as it seems Shep Paine is very ill, lets remember the GM in our prayers ...

Ivan

Yes let us VOTE for PALERMO king Twisted Evil cheers

And say a prayer for Our Scale Modelling Grand Father & Grand Master, Shep Paine I love you

skyhigh
Best in Show
Best in Show

Posts: 4401
Join date: 2009-07-30
Age: 53
Location: Qormi, Malta

Re: Voting for next World Expo 2014

Post  skyhigh on Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:41 pm

Ray wrote:
iCocker wrote:Gentlemen

As members of the WMSF we are given the right to give our vote of preferance to next World Expo, after the fiasco of Swizerland hopefully this shall be redeemed ...

So the candidates are

· Palermo, Sicily (Italy) – show to be in Monreale, near Palermo - Historical Norman Building
· Stresa, Italy – location is north of Milan - Modern Expo Conference Hall

Of particular note the Palermo event is to be organised by our friends i Normanni from Palermo, the other Milan side it looks there is the usual suspect ... Ivo Preda ... so seems the Italian rivality of North and South is there ...

May I just remind you that the same Northern blood was responsible of the ROMA WE ... affraid

So what is SSM vote? Shall we agree to support our Sicilian brothers?

On a different note Bill Horan is the president now as it seems Shep Paine is very ill, lets remember the GM in our prayers ...

Ivan

Yes let us VOTE for PALERMO king Twisted Evil cheers

And say a prayer for Our Scale Modelling Grand Father & Grand Master, Shep Paine I love you




I am not a figure mod , but I want to support our neighbor vote and the prayer's to .... I love you

Ray
Best in Show
Best in Show

Posts: 5825
Join date: 2009-07-21
Age: 51
Location: Zurrieq MALTA

Re: Voting for next World Expo 2014

Post  Ray on Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:02 pm

Marco, World Expo supports ALL genres of the Scale Modelling World and comprises Aircraft, AFV's, Naval, Dioramas, Figures & Fantasy & we as SSM/IPMSMalta are members of this BODY the World Model Soldier Federation WMSF which organize the World Expo Twisted Evil

And we ALL know that Shep Paine is the source from whom we ALL as scale modellers got our inspiration from I love you

RayCaruana
Gold
Gold

Posts: 1107
Join date: 2009-08-20
Age: 49
Location: Fgura, Malta

Re: Voting for next World Expo 2014

Post  RayCaruana on Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:07 pm

PALERMO! PALERMO! PALERMO! bounce bounce bounce

Aircraft modellers please give it a very serious thought...please!
!!

So sorry to hear the bad news about GM Paine. God help him.

J.Fenech
Best in Show
Best in Show

Posts: 2042
Join date: 2009-08-01
Age: 40
Location: MALTA - South

Re: Voting for next World Expo 2014

Post  J.Fenech on Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:11 pm

RayCaruana wrote:PALERMO! PALERMO! PALERMO! bounce bounce bounce

Aircraft modellers please give it a very serious thought...please!
!!

So sorry to hear the bad news about GM Paine. God help him.


Agree 100%. Palermo would be ideal, we could swim it to there!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil


Hope that Mr Paine's health gets better.

Joseph
Silver
Silver

Posts: 621
Join date: 2009-07-23
Age: 46
Location: Zurrieq - Malta

Re: Voting for next World Expo 2014

Post  Joseph on Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:14 am

Palermo 100% and if we have contacts with other members we should lobby for this venue.


iCocker
Best in Show
Best in Show

Posts: 3118
Join date: 2009-07-21
Age: 40
Location: Marsascala, Malta

Re: Voting for next World Expo 2014

Post  iCocker on Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:49 pm

Our vote sent, we shall have final verdict next February 2012.

Fingers cross by then ...
  • Post new topic
  • Reply to topic

Current date/time is Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:07 am