SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

micro mesh?

AdriaN
    AdriaN
    Gold
    Gold

micro mesh? Empty micro mesh?

Post  AdriaN Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:48 pm

I need advice,
    I was thinking of buying Micro Mesh Craft Kit which consists of 9 pads, three handi files,micro gloss & cloth for very fine sanding, from ebay BUT they do not post to malta. I mainly need it to smoothen out an orange peel surface and even for the future! many ppl recommend it. Im wondering, is it cheaper to buy different grades of sand paper from an iron monger or is it better to buy a kit from internet? Exclamation
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

micro mesh? Empty Re: micro mesh?

Post  alexbb Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:15 am

you can get fine grade wet and dry sandpaper from most ironmongers. homemate at mriehel used to stock a cloth type sanding material which is equal too if not superior to micromash at a much much cheaper price if no longer stocked i would suggest fino ferramenta at g'mangia
    Joseph
    Joseph
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Joseph Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:58 am

Adrian

Do not waste good money, for general sanding use wet & dry sand paper, most used grades are 360, 800 1000 & 1200. For sanding of varnish use the proper sand paper for varnish with 400 & 600 grade. Then we use sanding sticks, flexi file and other odd sanding tools.

J
    AdriaN
    AdriaN
    Gold
    Gold

Post  AdriaN Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:30 pm

Joseph wrote:Adrian

Do not waste good money, for general sanding use wet & dry sand paper, most used grades are 360, 800 1000 & 1200. For sanding of varnish use the proper sand paper for varnish with 400 & 600 grade. Then we use sanding sticks, flexi file and other odd sanding tools.

J

For filler sanding i use a block of sand paper stuck on a sponge or 800 sand paper, i do not know what its called exactly. Now i need to sand an organge peel glossy surface, shall i buy 1200? and wet sand?

Ooh and where do i get sanding sticks from? :s
    el manolo
    el manolo
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  el manolo Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:55 am

AdriaN the micromesh kit is marvelous. I have from 2400 to 12000 grit and use them to polish car models. In a 1:24 scale the 1200 grit is not sufficient. Please note, that the micro mesh kit was not invented to polish models. It was generally used to remove scratches from airplane windows. Thus, it could even be used on clear plastic.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content