1/32nd F-8E Crusader

    Share

    AdriaN
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 925
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 28
    Location : St Julians

    Re: 1/32nd F-8E Crusader

    Post  AdriaN on Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:53 pm

    Proximo41 wrote:and if you thought that the Crusader is a large model in 1/32nd scale, take a look at the Thunderchief in same scale!! Smile


    are you building the f105 chris? or is that off the internet? that kit looks 100 times better than my revell kit Crying or Very sad
    Ive always wanted to build a Cruasder in 48, in french navy blue/gray


    Last edited by AdriaN on Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

    Proximo41
    Bronze
    Bronze

    Posts : 287
    Join date : 2009-09-03
    Age : 48

    Re: 1/32nd F-8E Crusader

    Post  Proximo41 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:56 pm

    in nannu pec wrote:Miexi habib looking forward to see this beautiful beast ready Chris...just love Navy aircraft...
    in nannu What a Face

    thanks Nannu.... illum ghadni m ghamilt xejn imam ghax kelli l facendi dalghodu lol! lol! lol! lol! issa siesta u wara cafe u nibda Smile

    J.Fenech
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2103
    Join date : 2009-08-01
    Age : 42
    Location : MALTA - South

    Re: 1/32nd F-8E Crusader

    Post  J.Fenech on Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:58 pm

    Proximo41 wrote:
    J.Fenech wrote:Regarding the ejection seat. The F-8E had 2 seats during its service.


    1st - Martin Baker mk-F5
    http://www.martin-baker.com/products/Ejection-Seats/Mk--1-to-Mk--9/Mk--5.aspx


    2nd - Martin Baker mk-F7 fit from 1968 onwards.
    http://www.ejectionsite.com/mkf7seat.htm



    http://thanlont.blogspot.com/2011/02/transition-to-martin-baker-ejection.html

    so I am in the right track am I not? it looks that mine is a Mk.7

    If the model depicts an aircraft from 1968 on, then it is safe. If it is pre 1968 you may need to do some minor but important modifications to the seat.

    Proximo41
    Bronze
    Bronze

    Posts : 287
    Join date : 2009-09-03
    Age : 48

    Re: 1/32nd F-8E Crusader

    Post  Proximo41 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:43 pm

    [quote="AdriaN"][quote="Proximo41"]and if you thought that the Crusader is a large model in 1/32nd scale, take a look at the Thunderchief in same scale!! Smile

    are you building the f105 chris? or is that off the internet? that kit looks 100 times better than my revell kit Crying or Very sad
    Ive always wanted to build a Cruasder in 48, in french navy blue/gray[/quote

    No, Ad, the Thunderchief is mine and is next in line after the Crusader

    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    Re: 1/32nd F-8E Crusader

    Post  skyhigh on Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:47 pm

    J.Fenech wrote:
    Proximo41 wrote:
    J.Fenech wrote:Regarding the ejection seat. The F-8E had 2 seats during its service.


    1st - Martin Baker mk-F5
    http://www.martin-baker.com/products/Ejection-Seats/Mk--1-to-Mk--9/Mk--5.aspx


    2nd - Martin Baker mk-F7 fit from 1968 onwards.
    http://www.ejectionsite.com/mkf7seat.htm



    http://thanlont.blogspot.com/2011/02/transition-to-martin-baker-ejection.html

    so I am in the right track am I not? it looks that mine is a Mk.7

    If the model depicts an aircraft from 1968 on, then it is safe. If it is pre 1968 you may need to do some minor but important modifications to the seat.




    Sad Sad Sad Sad sad news Sad Sad Sad my comp went down so I cannot check at the moment ..

    I am without a comp Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad how I'm going to wait, till may be will be fixed...

    But FJ I'm certain that it is after 68 ta ........... Exclamation

    J.Fenech
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2103
    Join date : 2009-08-01
    Age : 42
    Location : MALTA - South

    Re: 1/32nd F-8E Crusader

    Post  J.Fenech on Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:25 pm

    skyhigh wrote:
    J.Fenech wrote:
    Proximo41 wrote:
    J.Fenech wrote:Regarding the ejection seat. The F-8E had 2 seats during its service.


    1st - Martin Baker mk-F5
    http://www.martin-baker.com/products/Ejection-Seats/Mk--1-to-Mk--9/Mk--5.aspx


    2nd - Martin Baker mk-F7 fit from 1968 onwards.
    http://www.ejectionsite.com/mkf7seat.htm



    http://thanlont.blogspot.com/2011/02/transition-to-martin-baker-ejection.html

    so I am in the right track am I not? it looks that mine is a Mk.7

    If the model depicts an aircraft from 1968 on, then it is safe. If it is pre 1968 you may need to do some minor but important modifications to the seat.




    Sad Sad Sad Sad sad news Sad Sad Sad my comp went down so I cannot check at the moment ..

    I am without a comp Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad how I'm going to wait, till may be will be fixed...

    But FJ I'm certain that it is after 68 ta ........... Exclamation



    Sorry that your computer went down. Hope you repair it soon.

    Hope that you are 100% sure that it is after 1968, since VMF(AW)-235 moved out of vietnam by the 11th of May 1968 to Japan and by the 29th of the same month were operating the F-8J. By Sept 1968 it was operating the F-4J Phantom II. VMF(AW)-235 was the last Marine Corps active duty squadron to operate the Crusader. The squadron had started operating the F-8E from 1964.

    Vietnam Deployments
    1/02/1966 - Deployed to Vietnam with F-8E, departing 15/11/1966 to MCAS Iwakuni, Japan.
    15/02/1967 - retun Vietnam, departing 11/05/1968 to MCAS Iwakuni, Japan.

    I not sure 100% but I doubt that the MB mk-F7 was ever fitted to VMF(AW)-232 aircraft. One othe squadron aircraft was shot down in 3 May 1968 vietnam (sadly pilot was KIA), it had a MB mk-5 seat. http://ejection-history.org.uk/Aircraft_by_Type/F_8_Crusader/PART_THREE_CRUSADER.htm

    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    Re: 1/32nd F-8E Crusader

    Post  skyhigh on Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:48 pm

    I think your right Joe, at the momment I don't now what I'm doing without my pc..I'm gettin mad Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

    If you have a copy of Osprey Combat Aircraft F-8 Crsader Fighters there is all the answears , at the moment I' don't have it.... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    Re: 1/32nd F-8E Crusader

    Post  skyhigh on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:01 pm

    Your right Joe cheers

    this pilot from the VMF-235 F-8 in DNG 1967 has his gun straped the same way we did.

    [list][*]


    Last edited by skyhigh on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:03 pm; edited 2 times in total

    J.Fenech
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2103
    Join date : 2009-08-01
    Age : 42
    Location : MALTA - South

    Re: 1/32nd F-8E Crusader

    Post  J.Fenech on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:02 pm

    skyhigh wrote:I think your right Joe, at the momment I don't now what I'm doing without my pc..I'm gettin mad Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

    If you have a copy of Osprey Combat Aircraft F-8 Crsader Fighters there is all the answears , at the moment I' don't have it.... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

    I don't have it either but found some information on http://web.me.com/vmf235/VMF-235/History.html


    p.s. - I have a suggestion, since you are without PC, use the time and start MODELLING Twisted Evil

    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    Re: 1/32nd F-8E Crusader

    Post  skyhigh on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:05 pm

    I don't have the models yet, and no pc no models because I use a lot of inf from my pc... Sad

    J.Fenech
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2103
    Join date : 2009-08-01
    Age : 42
    Location : MALTA - South

    Re: 1/32nd F-8E Crusader

    Post  J.Fenech on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:07 pm

    skyhigh wrote:I don't have the models yet, and no pc no models because I use a lot of inf from my pc... Sad


    Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad - go glue a wing!!!!!!!! lol! lol!

    J.Fenech
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2103
    Join date : 2009-08-01
    Age : 42
    Location : MALTA - South

    Re: 1/32nd F-8E Crusader

    Post  J.Fenech on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:13 pm

    Chris, I would suggest that if the seat you have is a mk7 you should modify it to a mk5 for a VMF(AW)-232 aircraft in Vietnam. Marco, what do you think?


    Last edited by J.Fenech on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    Re: 1/32nd F-8E Crusader

    Post  skyhigh on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:15 pm

    Ghadhom ma waslux Arrow Arrow ha jkoli immur ghax dan ta tifel u irridu .... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    Re: 1/32nd F-8E Crusader

    Post  skyhigh on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:24 pm

    Yes I agree with you Joe..




    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    Re: 1/32nd F-8E Crusader

    Post  skyhigh on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:25 pm




    Wayne
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 1065
    Join date : 2011-01-11
    Age : 37
    Location : Smack in the middle of the Med

    Re: 1/32nd F-8E Crusader

    Post  Wayne on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:55 pm

    Avatar changed... happy chris? Razz


    _________________

    Bench: Bv 141 B, Ju 87 G-2, Macchi C.205, Arado Ar.234
    Stash: Ju87D-3, Bf 109 E-3, Bf109 F-4/trop, Bf 109 G-10, He219....

    www.ScaleModelBench.com

    Proximo41
    Bronze
    Bronze

    Posts : 287
    Join date : 2009-09-03
    Age : 48

    Re: 1/32nd F-8E Crusader

    Post  Proximo41 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:08 pm

    tistaw tghiduli x differenza hemm bejn it tnejn ghax jien l istess qed nahom ta!! u qed nithawwad ghax hlief cineg u straps m hemmx!!! lol!

    hekk ahjar wayne ... u nahseb ghamilt lil marco happy wkoll Smile

    Wayne
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 1065
    Join date : 2011-01-11
    Age : 37
    Location : Smack in the middle of the Med

    Re: 1/32nd F-8E Crusader

    Post  Wayne on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:22 pm

    For starters, according to the graphic, there is just one firing handle at the top, and the bottom one is either at the side or between the pilot's legs.

    But I agree... lots of straps


    _________________

    Bench: Bv 141 B, Ju 87 G-2, Macchi C.205, Arado Ar.234
    Stash: Ju87D-3, Bf 109 E-3, Bf109 F-4/trop, Bf 109 G-10, He219....

    www.ScaleModelBench.com

    Proximo41
    Bronze
    Bronze

    Posts : 287
    Join date : 2009-09-03
    Age : 48

    Re: 1/32nd F-8E Crusader

    Post  Proximo41 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:37 pm

    this is the seat that i have.... so what alterations are needed?




    Wayne
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 1065
    Join date : 2011-01-11
    Age : 37
    Location : Smack in the middle of the Med

    Re: 1/32nd F-8E Crusader

    Post  Wayne on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:43 pm

    My humble opinion is that your seat is a Mk 5. Look at the side (bottom) the almost horizontal 'bar' is missing in the Mk 7. Also there is a handle between the legs.


    _________________

    Bench: Bv 141 B, Ju 87 G-2, Macchi C.205, Arado Ar.234
    Stash: Ju87D-3, Bf 109 E-3, Bf109 F-4/trop, Bf 109 G-10, He219....

    www.ScaleModelBench.com

    Proximo41
    Bronze
    Bronze

    Posts : 287
    Join date : 2009-09-03
    Age : 48

    Re: 1/32nd F-8E Crusader

    Post  Proximo41 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:53 pm

    Wayne wrote:My humble opinion is that your seat is a Mk 5. Look at the side (bottom) the almost horizontal 'bar' is missing in the Mk 7. Also there is a handle between the legs.

    u jien naf Wayne... gennewni li naf zgur!!! lol! lol! this afternoon i contune to add more detail to the cockpit




    Paul Salomone
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 655
    Join date : 2011-07-08
    Age : 51
    Location : MANIKATA MALTA

    1/32nd F-8E Crusader

    Post  Paul Salomone on Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:58 am

    Ejja Chris, affraid

    Don't let them demoralise you. Collect all the information you need and get kicking brother. let's have another of your master pieces. lol!

    cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 6102
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 53
    Location : Zurrieq MALTA

    Re: 1/32nd F-8E Crusader

    Post  Ray on Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:26 pm

    Paul Salomone wrote:Ejja Chris, affraid

    Don't let them demoralise you. Collect all the information you need and get kicking brother. let's have another of your master pieces. lol!

    cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

    I echo Paul's plea Twisted Evil let them be Chris Laughing

    J.Fenech
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2103
    Join date : 2009-08-01
    Age : 42
    Location : MALTA - South

    Re: 1/32nd F-8E Crusader

    Post  J.Fenech on Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:10 pm

    Wayne wrote:My humble opinion is that your seat is a Mk 5. Look at the side (bottom) the almost horizontal 'bar' is missing in the Mk 7. Also there is a handle between the legs.


    Sorry Wayne it is not a mk 5 but a mk 7.One simple and obvious difference between the seats is the parachute pack. In the mk5 it is a 'softpack', the parachute is in a canvas inverted u shape bag while in the mk 7 the chute is in a 'hardpack',the chute being partly enclosed in a rigid U shaped box. The least to be done is to address this area!! Other than this, the top of the seat where the drogue chute is a bit different and the cushion layout which is a minor thing.

    Also bear in mind that there are different variation of mk.5 and mk.7 seats to accomodate different aircraft.


    p.s. - Paul and Ray, Suspect this time I will side with and support Marco, it is important to get the right ejection seat variant, just as much as getting the right colors and markings. After all ejection seats are prominent part of modern aircraft cockpits
    .








    J.Fenech
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2103
    Join date : 2009-08-01
    Age : 42
    Location : MALTA - South

    Re: 1/32nd F-8E Crusader

    Post  J.Fenech on Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:13 pm

    Proximo41 wrote:
    Wayne wrote:My humble opinion is that your seat is a Mk 5. Look at the side (bottom) the almost horizontal 'bar' is missing in the Mk 7. Also there is a handle between the legs.

    u jien naf Wayne... gennewni li naf zgur!!! lol! lol! this afternoon i contune to add more detail to the cockpit






    Nice cockpit, nicely done!!

      Current date/time is Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:10 am