SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
in nannu pec
Ray
Paul Salomone
iCocker
skyhigh
bcauchi
10 posters

The creature from the Black Lagoon

Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

The creature from the Black Lagoon - Page 2 Empty Re: The creature from the Black Lagoon

Post  Ray Tue May 08, 2012 1:18 pm

Keep at it at will Brian, it shows that you RELAXED with this one cheers
    slingshot392
    slingshot392
    Silver
    Silver

The creature from the Black Lagoon - Page 2 Empty Re: The creature from the Black Lagoon

Post  slingshot392 Wed May 09, 2012 7:35 am

The Creature looks fantastic Brian! By far, hands-down the best Creature I have seen painted, most of them look so over done and toy like, you really captured the look with the subtle shading and highlights, but yet there is so much detail to see. The blue-green look is so good on it.
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Wed May 09, 2012 7:41 am

Glad you like it Brad, its for you after all and you are the one who needs to like it. Tried to give it some life at the same time keeping with the colours in the few colour photos which we found.
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:13 pm

This is complete. Pics not too good. i will try to take better ones.
    The creature from the Black Lagoon - Page 2 Comple10
    The creature from the Black Lagoon - Page 2 Comple11
    The creature from the Black Lagoon - Page 2 Comple12
    The creature from the Black Lagoon - Page 2 Comple13
    The creature from the Black Lagoon - Page 2 Comple14
    The creature from the Black Lagoon - Page 2 Comple15
    The creature from the Black Lagoon - Page 2 Comple16
    The creature from the Black Lagoon - Page 2 Comple17
    The creature from the Black Lagoon - Page 2 Comple18
    The creature from the Black Lagoon - Page 2 Comple19
    The creature from the Black Lagoon - Page 2 Comple20
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:25 am

Welldone Bri cheers

You superseed yourself & my expectations with each one of these brutes & the beauties I love you
    Gordon
    Gordon
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Gordon Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:15 am

Proset Nice job
    slingshot392
    slingshot392
    Silver
    Silver

Post  slingshot392 Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:23 am

The creature and he lady turned out beautifully, now I can finally see what you are describing with the base, that came out excellent! Really looks like he is coming out of the water and about to go into the jungle. The red straps on the bathing suit really help give it some color, it would have looked too bland to leave it white. Again, the skin tones on the lady came out so great and they both look like they came right out of the water.
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:08 am

Nice water effect aswell Brian! Love it is it clear resin?

Iv
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:35 pm

Hi guys, thanks for the comments. I took them over to the club for a view yesterday and was so sorry that most of the figure painters were not there. I would have loved you all to have seen them in person. The others said that they look better in real life than in the photos. Ivan, the water is in fact clear resin, very expensive which i bought from a crafts shop at San Gwann. Cast it in two thicknesses and sprayed a mist around his feet on the first casting to create the stirring of the bottom. I then kept waiting for it during the drying process and stirred the surface every few minutes to create the ripples. It actually did not give me much time because it was dry in about 30 minutes.
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:41 pm

As Brian just sad, I saw them yesterday at the club they are beautifull painted and the resin came out very good ...welldone Brian.. cheers
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:03 am

bcauchi wrote:Hi guys, thanks for the comments. I took them over to the club for a view yesterday and was so sorry that most of the figure painters were not there. I would have loved you all to have seen them in person. The others said that they look better in real life than in the photos. Ivan, the water is in fact clear resin, very expensive which i bought from a crafts shop at San Gwann. Cast it in two thicknesses and sprayed a mist around his feet on the first casting to create the stirring of the bottom. I then kept waiting for it during the drying process and stirred the surface every few minutes to create the ripples. It actually did not give me much time because it was dry in about 30 minutes.

Damn, wished I could see them in the flesh as I'm sure they look better as always Laughing

What brand is the resin in question Bri? Shocked

Looks really good & you said it dried in about 30mins, WOW Cool

That saves a lot of headaches, like salt & pepper (dust) which might collect on top while it hardens pale

bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:00 am

Ray, i don;t know what the name was. It is a German brand. I bought it from a crafts shop which just opened up in San Gwann. It is located in the main road. It came in a tin (like a tin of paint - 250ml) There was a mixing bowl and a small bottle of hardener. You put in drops according to the amount of resin you use. There are instructions. But it is prohibitively expensive (€24) if you need large quantities. I used up the entire tin in that base, which mind you is not so small since the figure is big. But the clarity is excellent and it dried in about 30-40 minutes. In fact, it took me by surprise and i hardly had time to stir up the surface.
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:27 pm

Thanks Bri I love you

I or rather we the Figure Nuts, use Deluxe Materials artificial water in a two part resin AFAIK, namely Harold for sure queen

It is of good modelling quality, but you have to be careful as it dries in 24hrs so it should be enclosed in a dust free cabinet or something during that curing time Shocked

Again a BIG WELLDONE for this "diversity & colour" you managed to put in the hobby cheers
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:33 pm

It was real fun Ray, all thanks to Brad, they are his after all. I need to send them over now. But i think i will invest in a couple of ladies for myself, they are fun to build and paint. Solarwind have some really nice figures and they are meant to be top quality but they are very expensive except for one or two.
    slingshot392
    slingshot392
    Silver
    Silver

Post  slingshot392 Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:55 am

Don't know when you were planning on sending them, but you should keep them long enough so you can take them back to the club again when the figure painters are there as I'm sure they would love to see them as well. I'm still looking for some shelves so they can be displayed in the living room.

Post  Guest Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:41 am

Excellent work with both the figures and the display base, well done!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:45 am