This model was my second build and the outcome was not top notch. After a long time thinking of what to do with this model I decided to do a new paint job. I used Alclad gloss lacquer and believe me I went through a hectic process to strip it.
The kit was dismantled carefully and certain parts were retained with their original paint job. I left the body in brake fluid and the outcome was a negative result. I literally scaled off the laqcuer and stripped the paint by an oven cleaner. This time it worked. After some good cleaning I applied a new undercoat layer using the newly pro-finish spray from Plastikote. Afterwards, I applied the colour. This time it was the authentic daytona blue colour from AMG Mercedes-Benz. Photoetch sheets were attached to kit prior to the lacquer layer. Finally, the lacquer layer was applied with a high gloss shine.
In 4 weeks time I will assemble the kit and the meantime I will restore the interior.