DH98 Mosquito FB Mk VI. 1/32

Cyril.
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  Cyril. on Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:46 pm

Hi guys,
    Today I finally finished my Mosquito which was on hold for a very long time.
    Hope you like it.

And finally, one of the various scratch built sections.

Last edited by spitfire5b on Mon May 07, 2012 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Re: DH98 Mosquito FB Mk VI. 1/32

Post  Ray on Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:32 pm

Weldone Cyril looks you did an amazing job Twisted Evil

But you should have brought her along with you to club Laughing

skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh on Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:38 am

Wow affraid ...Cyril amazing job you did , it's beautifull... cheers

But I think that the spinners colours are wrong and the starboard is droped down...

Paul Salomone
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Paul Salomone on Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:36 am

very nice and a well detailed project. Very Happy

Prosit Cyril.Basketball

cheers cheers cheers cheers

Gordon
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Gordon on Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:37 am

Well done

Cyril.
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  Cyril. on Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:49 am

Thanks everyone. Very Happy

Marco, I don't know what you mean, regarding the spinners, my references say that NE-D had yellow spinners with Medium Sea Grey bands.

Yes, next time over to the club I will definitly bring it with me.

Cyril.

alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  alexbb on Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:26 am

looks great

Proximo41
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  Proximo41 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:14 am

spitfire5b wrote:Thanks everyone. Very Happy

Marco, I don't know what you mean, regarding the spinners, my references say that NE-D had yellow spinners with Medium Sea Grey bands.

Cyril.

Lanqas jien ma fhimtu cyril, sa fejn naf jien sofor qed narhom, u dropped down??!!! What's droped down??!! Proset cyril, bellezza giek. Kemm ha jkolna mudelli godda next expo!!! Smile

Cyril.
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  Cyril. on Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:46 pm

Thanks Chris Very Happy Very Happy

skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh on Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:27 pm

Proximo41 wrote:
    spitfire5b wrote:Thanks everyone. Very Happy

Cyril.

Lanqas jien ma fhimtu cyril, sa fejn naf jien sofor qed narhom, u dropped down??!!! What's droped down??!! Proset cyril, bellezza giek. Kemm ha jkolna mudelli godda next expo!!! Smile

Cyril in the photo there is no strip colour on the spinner , and are they white and not grey the tips ..?????

And I'm seeing the starboard spinner a little droped down from the other.... scratch look clearly the prop blades in the photo...

J.Fenech
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  J.Fenech on Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:51 pm

Excellent work Cyril!! Well done with the detail work!!

I agree with Marco about the spinner, it looks a bit off. Regarding the spinner colors I am not sure so I will not comment. I odd thing I noticed, are you sure that the fuselage roundels are in the different positions you depicted them?

Cyril.
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  Cyril. on Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:38 pm

J.Fenech wrote:Excellent work Cyril!! Well done with the detail work!!

I agree with Marco about the spinner, it looks a bit off. Regarding the spinner colors I am not sure so I will not comment. I odd thing I noticed, are you sure that the fuselage roundels are in the different positions you depicted them?

What you are seeing about the spinner dropped must be the photo, I took some more photos of the spinners from a different position and they are both in line.

This is certainly not in a dropped position.

About the bands, I will answer Marco in a while.

Cyril.
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  Cyril. on Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:16 pm

Marco wrote:

Cyril in the photo there is no strip colour on the spinner , and are they white and not grey the tips ..?????

Marco, you know how much I respect your opinion, but I am afraid you are wrong. If you look at your photo it is a different aircraft, the serial no, on your photo at the rear is different. I have a photo of this aircraft in flight

If you look just above the exhaust pipes the flame damper is removed, the paint is burnt where it was, so is the one in your photo.

I will not mention that it has four rockets in line, while mine has double tiered rockets, but those could be replaced anytime.

About the spinner bands I am 100% sure they are as should be, the following photos give proof to this.

A closer look

An even closer look

Is this enough?

Cyril.
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  Cyril. on Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:41 pm

[/quote]

Marco, look at the wireless conection on the fin of each aircraft and you will notice it is different.

It is definitly a different aircraft.

skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh on Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:24 pm

lol! lol! Cyril I now that it's not the same plane ,but it's the same sqd... but you have the proof welldone , that is how I want you and all the others neraly 100% authentic... lol! lol! thats what makes SSM profes....

and about the spinner yes I think it was the angle of the photos.. lol! and it looks good .....

I am proud of you all keep on the good standard ... welldone Cyril cheers

iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker on Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:56 am

Prosit Cyril you managed to counter attack Marco ... that's like a goal away in teh Champions league! Twisted Evil

Well done for the bird Cyril, maybe adding some exhaust weathering would help aswell to make it more realistic, seeing how weathered it is on those images! Are you planning a vignette?

Ivan

Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

nice!!!!!

Post  Dottore on Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:18 pm

great job Cyril! Loved the debate and imaging proof with our aviation guru too Twisted Evil

Hope to see it live at the club!

Dottore

Cyril.
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  Cyril. on Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:39 pm

Thanks to both of you Very Happy Very Happy

Yes it could do with a bit more exhaust on the sides.

Cyril.

skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh on Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:16 pm

Be care full with the exhaust Cyril , follow the photo ... the Mosquito was a fast fighter bomber , so not that much stain ....

Regarding what Joe fenech told you about the fuselage roundels did you check properly ...

Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray on Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:18 pm

WELL DONE on ALL Fronts Cyril cheers

Sometimes, if not most of the time, IMAGES of any kind, can be DECIEVING so before stating categorically like MARCO did & (very unlikely) LOST & then PRETENDED (Marco search your conscience & seek the truth) he was TESTING Cyril lol! one should contemplate well before executing the blows pale Evil or Very Mad

JF, you bit the hook as well & can't stick to your principles that we are at WAR with Marco no matter what until he puts words into action lol!

Cyril, once again WELL DONE as you stood your ground against THE BEST pale apart from the fact you produced an Awesome Flea lol!

skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh on Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:25 pm

Ray wrote:WELL DONE on ALL Fronts Cyril cheers

Sometimes, if not most of the time, IMAGES of any kind, can be DECIEVING so before stating categorically like MARCO did & (very unlikely) LOST & then PRETENDED (Marco search your conscience & seek the truth) he was TESTING Cyril lol! one should contemplate well before executing the blows pale Evil or Very Mad

JF, you bit the hook as well & can't stick to your principles that we are at WAR with Marco no matter what until he puts words into action lol!

Cyril, once again WELL DONE as you stood your ground against THE BEST pale apart from the fact you produced an Awesome Flea lol!

lol! lol! were were you... I was searching for your comments... lol! lol!

Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray on Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:26 pm

skyhigh wrote:

lol! lol! lol! LOOSEEEEEEER lol! lol! lol! lol!

Proximo41
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  Proximo41 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:37 pm

Ray wrote:
    skyhigh wrote:

lol! lol! lol! LOOSEEEEEEER lol! lol! lol! lol!

x ahna tal gennnn xi pjacirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

J.Fenech
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  J.Fenech on Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:06 pm

Here we go with the thread hijacking, again!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Sorry Ray, but sometimes you have to work with your opponent for a common good. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil When it comes to aircraft, Marco has my unconditional support Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil (He is still not off the hook and June is fast approaching). This does not mean that any of us is infallible and I find it legimate to ask questions so that there will be answers. Cyril proved his point about the spinner bands, but I still think that the spinner was drooped lol! lol! lol!

Anyway, I have a couple of questions or queries.

1. The prop blades on the model are of the narrow chord type, whilst the photos show a wide chord propeller blades (paddle type), have a look at the blde tips.
    2. There have been debates as whether the paint under the serial number is Dk.green on one side and Grey on the other, corresponding to the mosquito camo pattern. Photos do show an odd color under the serial numbers on either side.
    3. The fuselage roundels look a bit odd to me as uptill now I haven't come across a staggered fuselage roundel placement before.

All in all cyril managed to produce a fine looking model of the mosquito. I beg your pardon Cyril, but have to ask for learning sake so that we can enhance our knowledge and understanding of the subject.

Cyril.
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  Cyril. on Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:25 pm

Regarding what Joe fenech told you about the fuselage roundels did you check properly ...[/quote]

It is very difficult to check what JF suggested, because you don't really find photos taken from that angle, but I will keep checking as I am now curious.

When applying the roundels I had to use two sets, the first I placed alongside, as JF suggested, but on one side the letters came too close to the serial number, so I used a second set of roundels and moved one slightly forward, comparing as much as possible to the photos. The letters are all freehand as I did not find black letters with a yellow outline in 1/32 scale.

If only I knew that JF was watching Sleep I would not have posted that photo, Imma xtamel, only joking.

Xtahseb Marco? Is that convincing?

Thank you Marco for your comment about the exhaust stains because now I have a problem as one of them is slightly darker than the rest and I don't know what to do. I think I will convince my self that the engine on that side is burning excessive fuel. lol!

Current date/time is Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:34 pm