Hello SSM members

    Share

    Maxi_Model
    Highly Commended
    Highly Commended

    Posts : 116
    Join date : 2012-06-16
    Age : 44

    Hello SSM members

    Post  Maxi_Model on Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:41 pm

    Hi, I'm Mark from Attard, I've been trying to get into scale modeling for years but always stopped after few months, this time I'm trying again, but instead of aircrafts I was thinking about trying AFVs.

    About 16 years ago I tried building an 1:35 M60 patton with reactive armour, and was quite pleased with it, but it lacked of weathering and details. Recently I decided to into more weathering detail, that is why I started tryng again. A friend of mine also pointed me to this forum and I decided to join, maybe I can get some help on how I can improve my techniques, since all I know is from trial and error and gathering info from over the net.

    Anyway, thanks for accepting my registration and will post something on the appropiate section.

    Gordon
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 707
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 37
    Location : bormla

    Re: Hello SSM members

    Post  Gordon on Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:06 pm

    welcome aboard

    Wayne
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 1065
    Join date : 2011-01-11
    Age : 37
    Location : Smack in the middle of the Med

    Re: Hello SSM members

    Post  Wayne on Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:06 pm

    Welcome aboard. Feel free to pop in at the club house on Wednesday evenings after 7pm and bring your projects along... you're sure to pick up some good tips and make some new friends that share the same passion.



    _________________

    Bench: Bv 141 B, Ju 87 G-2, Macchi C.205, Arado Ar.234
    Stash: Ju87D-3, Bf 109 E-3, Bf109 F-4/trop, Bf 109 G-10, He219....

    www.ScaleModelBench.com

    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 3172
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 42
    Location : Marsascala, Malta

    Re: Hello SSM members

    Post  iCocker on Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:07 pm

    Welcome onbaord and feel at home, I agree with Wayne, here is a great place to discuss but if you ant to go into weathering I recommend to come over and discuss with us during club meetings, weathering is great tool and nowadays there are many things to get realistic finishes!

    Ivan

    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2019
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 68
    Location : Qawra Malta

    Re: Hello SSM members

    Post  in nannu pec on Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:07 am

    welcome aboard habib
    In nannu

    Maxi_Model
    Highly Commended
    Highly Commended

    Posts : 116
    Join date : 2012-06-16
    Age : 44

    Re: Hello SSM members

    Post  Maxi_Model on Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:52 am

    Aw Nannu Pec, rajt daqxejn mix xoghol tieghek hawn fuq il forum, impressjonanti eh!! Smile prosit tassew tax xoghol pacenzjus u dettaljat, mhux ghax hadd iehor ma ghandux xoghol tajjeb ta, imma xogholok impressjonani wisq Smile

    @ Wayne, I will try to come some time at the club house, though I won't feel very comfortable (at least at first) coming there knowing no one. Smile

    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 6102
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 53
    Location : Zurrieq MALTA

    Re: Hello SSM members

    Post  Ray on Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:51 pm

    Maxi_Model wrote:Aw Nannu Pec, rajt daqxejn mix xoghol tieghek hawn fuq il forum, impressjonanti eh!! Smile prosit tassew tax xoghol pacenzjus u dettaljat, mhux ghax hadd iehor ma ghandux xoghol tajjeb ta, imma xogholok impressjonani wisq Smile

    @ Wayne, I will try to come some time at the club house, though I won't feel very comfortable (at least at first) coming there knowing no one. Smile

    Believe me, you don't know how WRONG you are lol!

    We are SSM & that's why we make EVERYONE FEEL at EASE cheers

    Wayne
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 1065
    Join date : 2011-01-11
    Age : 37
    Location : Smack in the middle of the Med

    Re: Hello SSM members

    Post  Wayne on Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:14 pm

    Ray wrote:
    Maxi_Model wrote:Aw Nannu Pec, rajt daqxejn mix xoghol tieghek hawn fuq il forum, impressjonanti eh!! Smile prosit tassew tax xoghol pacenzjus u dettaljat, mhux ghax hadd iehor ma ghandux xoghol tajjeb ta, imma xogholok impressjonani wisq Smile

    @ Wayne, I will try to come some time at the club house, though I won't feel very comfortable (at least at first) coming there knowing no one. Smile

    Believe me, you don't know how WRONG you are lol!

    We are SSM & that's why we make EVERYONE FEEL at EASE cheers

    I know what you mean Max, I felt the same before I went to the club house myself.. and as Ray put so well I was soooo wrong. I'm sure you'll fit right in!

    Looking forward to meeting you in person.


    _________________

    Bench: Bv 141 B, Ju 87 G-2, Macchi C.205, Arado Ar.234
    Stash: Ju87D-3, Bf 109 E-3, Bf109 F-4/trop, Bf 109 G-10, He219....

    www.ScaleModelBench.com

    Maxi_Model
    Highly Commended
    Highly Commended

    Posts : 116
    Join date : 2012-06-16
    Age : 44

    Re: Hello SSM members

    Post  Maxi_Model on Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:22 pm

    I'll try to find some time and come over Smile

    Though I have no models to show you cause as you saw in my AFV post I'm repainting the only M60 I have, though I have an 18 year old unfinished C-130 gunship 1:48 (and some other unfinished or undetailed aircrafts Razz

    Anyway thanks for your encouragement Smile

    Paul Salomone
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 655
    Join date : 2011-07-08
    Age : 51
    Location : MANIKATA MALTA

    Hello SSM members

    Post  Paul Salomone on Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:18 pm

    Welcome aboard and make youself at home.

    Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 6102
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 53
    Location : Zurrieq MALTA

    Re: Hello SSM members

    Post  Ray on Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:33 pm

    Maxi_Model wrote:I'll try to find some time and come over Smile

    Though I have no models to show you cause as you saw in my AFV post I'm repainting the only M60 I have, though I have an 18 year old unfinished C-130 gunship 1:48 (and some other unfinished or undetailed aircrafts Razz

    Anyway thanks for your encouragement Smile

    Hey don't start on a bad note Mark beacuse you are lying lol!

    Bring the M60 in whatever stage it is in Suspect since we prefer to see models in their build up stages Cool

    And relax since I won't be there as I'm night Sad Laughing

    Maxi_Model
    Highly Commended
    Highly Commended

    Posts : 116
    Join date : 2012-06-16
    Age : 44

    Re: Hello SSM members

    Post  Maxi_Model on Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:29 pm

    LOL, ok I will bring it in the state it will be on the day Smile

    I hope I'll be able to fix it a little better by that time Razz

    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2019
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 68
    Location : Qawra Malta

    Re: Hello SSM members

    Post  in nannu pec on Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:21 am

    Maxi_Model wrote:Aw Nannu Pec, rajt daqxejn mix xoghol tieghek hawn fuq il forum, impressjonanti eh!! Smile prosit tassew tax xoghol pacenzjus u dettaljat, mhux ghax hadd iehor ma ghandux xoghol tajjeb ta, imma xogholok impressjonani wisq Smile

    @ Wayne, I will try to come some time at the club house, though I won't feel very comfortable (at least at first) coming there knowing no one. Smile

    Max in nannu hawn Cool .....thanks very much for your kind comments...habib...I echo what my brothers told you....you will definetely feel at home as soon as you go through the door of our beloved club....I can assure you....you will be most welcome....SSM is all about a good bunch of lads....bit rowdy yes... Very Happy Laughing Laughing imma I can assure you you will enjoy it...
    once again thanks habib
    In nannu

    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 1388
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 38
    Location : Tarxien, Malta

    Welcome to the brethren!

    Post  Dottore on Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:40 am

    From another AFV nut case!

    Dottore

      Current date/time is Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:37 pm