E-2C hawkeye - WIP

    Share

    J.Fenech
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2103
    Join date : 2009-08-01
    Age : 42
    Location : MALTA - South

    E-2C hawkeye - WIP

    Post  J.Fenech on Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:51 pm

    Hasegawa new E-2C Hawkeye, a real nice kit to build, easy fitting and the decal white is white not off white. This was good as there is no choice of aftermarket decals for this model, the model with the 8 bladed prop. Decals ready, now to gloss coating so start the panel washing, again acrylics Sad

    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    Re: E-2C hawkeye - WIP

    Post  skyhigh on Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:35 pm

    Speechless Joe as always ............ cheers

    William
    Bronze
    Bronze

    Posts : 342
    Join date : 2009-08-15
    Location : Zurrieq

    Re: E-2C hawkeye - WIP

    Post  William on Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:17 pm

    Joseph's model models are always great Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

    A fast modeller and the finish is always great Smile


    Wil alien

    J.Fenech
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2103
    Join date : 2009-08-01
    Age : 42
    Location : MALTA - South

    Re: E-2C hawkeye - WIP

    Post  J.Fenech on Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:28 pm

    William wrote:Joseph's model models are always great Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

    A fast modeller and the finish is always great Smile


    Wil alien

    thank you.

    J.Fenech
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2103
    Join date : 2009-08-01
    Age : 42
    Location : MALTA - South

    Re: E-2C hawkeye - WIP

    Post  J.Fenech on Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:56 pm

    Hawkeye nearly completed, will post the pics soon.

    Joseph
    Silver
    Silver

    Posts : 621
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 48
    Location : Zurrieq - Malta

    Re: E-2C hawkeye - WIP

    Post  Joseph on Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:30 am

    Great model, as always, more pics please Smile

    J

    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4063
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : St. Julian's

    Re: E-2C hawkeye - WIP

    Post  bcauchi on Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:05 am

    Have to check this out at home Joe, i cannot see the pics at the office mhux ghax qed nitkabbar!

    J.Fenech
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2103
    Join date : 2009-08-01
    Age : 42
    Location : MALTA - South

    Re: E-2C hawkeye - WIP

    Post  J.Fenech on Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:22 am

    bcauchi wrote:Have to check this out at home Joe, i cannot see the pics at the office mhux ghax qed nitkabbar!

    you have no problem with the computer, will post the pics later, as I am trying to finish its base as well before.

    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 3172
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 42
    Location : Marsascala, Malta

    Re: E-2C hawkeye - WIP

    Post  iCocker on Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:58 am

    Lovely birdy Joe, if you need advice for photos you might ask the golden boy ... tongue

    But waht is the issue with acrylics Joe, use Tamiya Lacquer [Yellow Cap] and you'll see the difference ... as usual not avaialble in Malta Mad

    Ivan

    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 6102
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 53
    Location : Zurrieq MALTA

    Re: E-2C hawkeye - WIP

    Post  Ray on Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:01 am

    iCocker wrote:Lovely birdy Joe, if you need advice for photos you might ask the golden boy ... tongue

    Ivan

    I'm here Sad

    Oops I didn't realise that you're GOLDEN as well lol!

    Ray affraid

    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 3172
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 42
    Location : Marsascala, Malta

    Re: E-2C hawkeye - WIP

    Post  iCocker on Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:06 am

    Ray wrote:
    iCocker wrote:Lovely birdy Joe, if you need advice for photos you might ask the golden boy ... tongue

    Ivan

    I'm here Sad

    Oops I didn't realise that you're GOLDEN as well lol!

    Ray affraid

    Dak B'Day present kien!

    But you are the ORIGINAL and PREMIER eh! cheers

    Biss donna bdiet girja sal-barkun ghal hafna biex itellu l-posts pig

    J.Fenech
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2103
    Join date : 2009-08-01
    Age : 42
    Location : MALTA - South

    Re: E-2C hawkeye - WIP

    Post  J.Fenech on Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:02 am

    Ray wrote:
    iCocker wrote:Lovely birdy Joe, if you need advice for photos you might ask the golden boy ... tongue

    Ivan

    I'm here Sad

    Oops I didn't realise that you're GOLDEN as well lol!

    Ray affraid


    ok, you are both golden boys What a Face lol! lol!

    p.s. - just biex ntella l-posts lol! lol!

    J.Fenech
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2103
    Join date : 2009-08-01
    Age : 42
    Location : MALTA - South

    Hawkeye 1/72nd Completed.

    Post  J.Fenech on Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:12 am

    Hasegawa 1/72nd Grumman E-2C Hawkeye. Built OOB. Will post more pictures when I finish the actual base for this particular model, one of the new year resolutions What a Face 1 model = 1 base Cool


    \


    J.Fenech
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2103
    Join date : 2009-08-01
    Age : 42
    Location : MALTA - South

    Re: E-2C hawkeye - WIP

    Post  J.Fenech on Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:18 am

    iCocker wrote:Lovely birdy Joe, if you need advice for photos you might ask the golden boy ... tongue

    But waht is the issue with acrylics Joe, use Tamiya Lacquer [Yellow Cap] and you'll see the difference ... as usual not avaialble in Malta Mad

    Ivan


    I have used and I am using acrylics for minor details but as for airbrushing I have so far used them as base coats for some colors, eg - red(using tamiya). Anyway, I have got a far more serious issue, a good non yellowing gloss paint, any suggestions are welcome.

    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4063
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : St. Julian's

    Re: E-2C hawkeye - WIP

    Post  bcauchi on Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:40 am

    Tal-genn Joe, as usual, there is your trademark neatness all over the plane. What a beauty and what attractive markings. Well done man!! Thanks for the posts.

    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 3172
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 42
    Location : Marsascala, Malta

    Re: E-2C hawkeye - WIP

    Post  iCocker on Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:19 am

    Try that lacquer especially with Tamiya Paint and you note the difference J!

    One suggestion on your final result, as always your trademark in the planes are spot on BUT would look much more appropraite displayed on an aircraftcarrier deck, probably Nannu Pec can guide you trough ... love the little yellow deck cars as well [do not leave them clean ta'], gives more the impression of how massive this bird is!

    Prosit mate but do you sleep?

    Ivan

    J.Fenech
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2103
    Join date : 2009-08-01
    Age : 42
    Location : MALTA - South

    Re: E-2C hawkeye - WIP

    Post  J.Fenech on Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:24 pm

    iCocker wrote:Try that lacquer especially with Tamiya Paint and you note the difference J!

    One suggestion on your final result, as always your trademark in the planes are spot on BUT would look much more appropraite displayed on an aircraftcarrier deck, probably Nannu Pec can guide you trough ... love the little yellow deck cars as well [do not leave them clean ta'], gives more the impression of how massive this bird is!

    Prosit mate but do you sleep?

    Ivan

    You are right about the bases, I am trying to improve my bases Crying or Very sad , infact I am working on the hawkeye base which will ultimately be a carrier deck, infact got the little yellow things half way, which are EPU tractors, while the white is a fire tractor all from verlinden. As you said yet to be weathered.


    p.s. about sleep - yep I do sleep, infact I have been asleep for the past two years cause production dropped What a Face

    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 6102
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 53
    Location : Zurrieq MALTA

    Re: E-2C hawkeye - WIP

    Post  Ray on Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:59 pm

    Awesome as always JF

    Ray affraid

    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    Re: E-2C hawkeye - WIP

    Post  skyhigh on Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:43 pm

    Magnificent.... Joe....if you need some idea for a carrer base just let me now , but it's not that hard to find any pics...well done ..

    By the way I asked for you yesterday at the club but I did not find you nowhere, were were you , I remember that you sad your not going to miss a week ..just joking my friend but we always love your company with us at the club... cheers

    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 3172
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 42
    Location : Marsascala, Malta

    Re: E-2C hawkeye - WIP

    Post  iCocker on Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:46 pm

    I thaught you were into something like it ...

    If you manage to find large sheets of fine sandpaper will work good to mimic the deck ... keep them coming and sleep less again mate!

    Iv

    J.Fenech
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2103
    Join date : 2009-08-01
    Age : 42
    Location : MALTA - South

    Re: E-2C hawkeye - WIP

    Post  J.Fenech on Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:24 pm

    skyhigh wrote:Magnificent.... Joe....if you need some idea for a carrer base just let me now , but it's not that hard to find any pics...well done ..

    By the way I asked for you yesterday at the club but I did not find you nowhere, were were you , I remember that you sad your not going to miss a week ..just joking my friend but we always love your company with us at the club... cheers

    Thanks you for the help. Yeah I know that I made a new years resolution to come more regularly ,already broke it Crying or Very sad , but yesterday was out of my control - was not feeling too well, will come next week.

    J.Fenech
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2103
    Join date : 2009-08-01
    Age : 42
    Location : MALTA - South

    Re: E-2C hawkeye - WIP

    Post  J.Fenech on Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:28 pm

    iCocker wrote:I thaught you were into something like it ...

    If you manage to find large sheets of fine sandpaper will work good to mimic the deck ... keep them coming and sleep less again mate!

    Iv


    Yep, i will use sand paper for the deck, have tried it in the past, the only thing is to clean them from the dust that collectes on them Mad

    J.Fenech
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2103
    Join date : 2009-08-01
    Age : 42
    Location : MALTA - South

    Re: E-2C hawkeye - WIP

    Post  J.Fenech on Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:29 pm

    Thanks evreyone for the comments

    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 3172
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 42
    Location : Marsascala, Malta

    Re: E-2C hawkeye - WIP

    Post  iCocker on Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:40 pm

    J.Fenech wrote:
    iCocker wrote:I thaught you were into something like it ...

    If you manage to find large sheets of fine sandpaper will work good to mimic the deck ... keep them coming and sleep less again mate!

    Iv


    Yep, i will use sand paper for the deck, have tried it in the past, the only thing is to clean them from the dust that collectes on them Mad

    Might you use a vacuum cleaner ... but do not ask your better half to do it for you Razz

    J.Fenech
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2103
    Join date : 2009-08-01
    Age : 42
    Location : MALTA - South

    Re: E-2C hawkeye - WIP

    Post  J.Fenech on Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:58 pm

    iCocker wrote:
    J.Fenech wrote:
    iCocker wrote:I thaught you were into something like it ...

    If you manage to find large sheets of fine sandpaper will work good to mimic the deck ... keep them coming and sleep less again mate!

    Iv


    Yep, i will use sand paper for the deck, have tried it in the past, the only thing is to clean them from the dust that collectes on them Mad

    Might you use a vacuum cleaner ... but do not ask your better half to do it for you Razz

    99.9% she would vacuum it with the model and the ground equipment still on the base pale , and bye bye dust and evreything. What a Face

    p.s. - thank god she does not log to the website, otherwise..... affraid affraid


    joking apart, will try to apply several coats this time over the sanding paper cause it is quite scratch prone without protective coating.

      Current date/time is Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:37 pm