SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Tribute...Mr George Curmi

in nannu pec
    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Tribute...Mr George Curmi Empty Tribute...Mr George Curmi

Post  in nannu pec Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:11 pm

Just heard the sad news from Richard Caruana, that Mr George Curmi has passed away....
    Such a gentle man with such a strong passion for our hobby...I remember him well ...greeting him getting him and getting him a chair...to watch and see our models at ease ....he used to watch in awe ,crutinizing and appreciating every single model in our exhibitions !
    He was an icon in our scale modelling hobby with a particular affection for aviation....
    Rest in Peace ...dear Mr Curmi.....such a lovely quiet spoken man....I salute you...a real gentleman...
    Derepest condolences to all his Family
    Louis
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Tribute...Mr George Curmi Empty Re: Tribute...Mr George Curmi

Post  skyhigh Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:41 pm

in nannu pec wrote:Just heard the sad news from Richard Caruana, that Mr George Curmi has passed away....
    Such a gentle man with such a strong passion for our hobby...I remember him well ...greeting him getting him and getting him a chair...to watch and see our models at ease ....he used to watch in awe ,crutinizing and appreciating every single model in our exhibitions !
    He was an icon in our scale modelling hobby with a particular affection for aviation....
    Rest in Peace ...dear Mr Curmi.....such a lovely quiet spoken man....I salute you...a real gentleman...
    Derepest condolences to all his Family
    Louis

I second you louis ..condolences to all his Family, may he rest in peace ..his war time memories are still in my mind....
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:48 pm

May I chime in & join in this tribute to a fine gentleman & a true Aircraft Enthusiast whose Wartime recounts would surely remain in the memory of most of us as Marco remarked.......

May He Rest In Peace.......
    AdriaN
    AdriaN
    Gold
    Gold

Post  AdriaN Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:58 pm

George was my grand uncle (grandmas sisters husband) When ever he came to my house (years ago) i use to bring him up to my room and show him my growing model collection Cool He was always impressed at my level of skill at such a young age. He used to tell me to ignore people who say models are for babies and that its better spending money on models.. than cigarettes! cheers

bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:09 pm

I am ashamed to say that i did not see this thread before. George was one of the few, a gentleman beyond all gentlemen. What a great aviation enthusiast if ever there was one. He was always trying hard to get me to build some models for him and i had indeed built some.

My tribute to him is the Revell Me110 I have just built which was given to me by George as a compensation for building a couple of 72ND scale gladiators for him. I also have a set of books which were also compensation for building a couple of Tamiya swordfish for him. His memories will live with us forever.

Godspeed George

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:58 am