Rusty car

    Share

    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4061
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : St. Julian's

    Re: Rusty car

    Post  bcauchi on Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:41 pm

    Wow man, awesome work, what setting do you have in mind for this car?

    el manolo
    Bronze
    Bronze

    Posts : 287
    Join date : 2012-03-15
    Age : 31

    Re: Rusty car

    Post  el manolo on Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:42 am

    i really like that coca cola crate Very Happy If i were you I would weather that as well. The crate and bottles look too clean.



    el manolo

    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4061
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : St. Julian's

    Re: Rusty car

    Post  bcauchi on Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:07 pm

    i totally agree with Manolo. I think that there should be some bottles missing and preferably the bottles should be empty. Maybe some of them running around in the luggage booth.

    el manolo
    Bronze
    Bronze

    Posts : 287
    Join date : 2012-03-15
    Age : 31

    Re: Rusty car

    Post  el manolo on Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:21 pm

    when you consider the compostion of the diorama you should select your focus. Let me explain. When we look at a square or rectangle, our eyes focus on 4 points. Which is the maximum you could get. Now you have to draw your focuses and select which points you are going to use. You can select one or else the four of them. In these focuses you should place the most important things that you would like to exhibit so that the eye of the visitor would catch them easily.


    el manolo


    Robert
    Bronze
    Bronze

    Posts : 257
    Join date : 2012-06-14
    Age : 33
    Location : Haz-zebbug

    Re: Rusty car

    Post  Robert on Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:09 pm

    thanks for your comments first.as a setup i will show you what i have in mind with these photos.Still i have a lot of work to do.



    Maxi_Model
    Highly Commended
    Highly Commended

    Posts : 116
    Join date : 2012-06-16
    Age : 44

    Re: Rusty car

    Post  Maxi_Model on Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:37 am

    just a simple suggestion, if you are not going to place the tail lamps, could you check with the original car and see how the holes behind the lamps where, the wires had to pass from somewhere and was there any handle on the luggage booth door?

    a small tip for the chrome items, first make sure of what material the original items were made of before doing any rust. If the item was iron or steel, a mild brownish rust would start appearing in the areas where chrome would be the thinnest ( normally due to excessive polishing or damaged surface). If the item was alloy, the first symptoms would be blistering, since an oxidization would start forming under the chrome layer and so blisters would start forming, eventually the chrome would crack/pop and a whitish powder will appear. If the item would be brass or copper (not copper plated but solid copper) green spots will start appearing on top of the chrome in random pattern or as a rush in certain areas, this greenish stuff is the oxidization of copper or brass which will start emerging from micropores or microcracks in the chrome surface.

    Eventually on all metals the oxidization is unreversable, unless the chrome is stripped entirely off the object, cleaned well and re-plated.

    another suggestion, for the deflated tyres, have you tried immerging the wheels (up to the point where you want it deflated) into nitrocellulose thinner, for some hours? the plastic should soften enough to let you shape it. I never tried this myself, so be careful if you will be trying it, better test it on something else first.

    You are doing an awesome job on that model Smile keep it up.


    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4061
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : St. Julian's

    Re: Rusty car

    Post  bcauchi on Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:48 pm

    Hey man, great work with the tyres and the missing/empty coke bottles. I fully agree with the previous comment that you need to detail the missing tail light area and see what holes you need to put in which would have been used for the wire connection. A strip of wire coming out and hanging there would also be a nice touch.

    Another thing, if you intend to leave that wheel off the car and on the ground near it, it does not make sense to have a flattened tyre like it has weight on it. The effect of deflation in that case would be a looseness of the tyre from the metal wheel in the middle, but not a flat part.

    This is an awesome project, really original. Keep up the good work and keep those great pics coming.

    Robert
    Bronze
    Bronze

    Posts : 257
    Join date : 2012-06-14
    Age : 33
    Location : Haz-zebbug

    Re: Rusty car

    Post  Robert on Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:58 pm

    Maxi_Model wrote:just a simple suggestion, if you are not going to place the tail lamps, could you check with the original car and see how the holes behind the lamps where, the wires had to pass from somewhere and was there any handle on the luggage booth door?

    a small tip for the chrome items, first make sure of what material the original items were made of before doing any rust. If the item was iron or steel, a mild brownish rust would start appearing in the areas where chrome would be the thinnest ( normally due to excessive polishing or damaged surface). If the item was alloy, the first symptoms would be blistering, since an oxidization would start forming under the chrome layer and so blisters would start forming, eventually the chrome would crack/pop and a whitish powder will appear. If the item would be brass or copper (not copper plated but solid copper) green spots will start appearing on top of the chrome in random pattern or as a rush in certain areas, this greenish stuff is the oxidization of copper or brass which will start emerging from micropores or microcracks in the chrome surface.

    Eventually on all metals the oxidization is unreversable, unless the chrome is stripped entirely off the object, cleaned well and re-plated.

    another suggestion, for the deflated tyres, have you tried immerging the wheels (up to the point where you want it deflated) into nitrocellulose thinner, for some hours? the plastic should soften enough to let you shape it. I never tried this myself, so be careful if you will be trying it, better test it on something else first.

    You are doing an awesome job on that model Smile keep it up.


    Hi. nice sugg..emm regard the thinner no, i didnt tryed but i will try it with an extra one.regard the chrom tips do you have any thecniques how to do the last 2 tips you told me please

    Robert
    Bronze
    Bronze

    Posts : 257
    Join date : 2012-06-14
    Age : 33
    Location : Haz-zebbug

    Re: Rusty car

    Post  Robert on Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:03 pm

    bcauchi wrote:Hey man, great work with the tyres and the missing/empty coke bottles. I fully agree with the previous comment that you need to detail the missing tail light area and see what holes you need to put in which would have been used for the wire connection. A strip of wire coming out and hanging there would also be a nice touch.

    Another thing, if you intend to leave that wheel off the car and on the ground near it, it does not make sense to have a flattened tyre like it has weight on it. The effect of deflation in that case would be a looseness of the tyre from the metal wheel in the middle, but not a flat part.

    This is an awesome project, really original. Keep up the good work and keep those great pics coming.

    Yes great idea and i will work on it for sure

    regard the tail light and see what i can come out with. the tyre i think i will take it out from the rim and put some grass in it while the rim i think i will try to use it in an other way.Shall i leave one tyre with the rim ? or shall i pull the out both of them

    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4061
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : St. Julian's

    Re: Rusty car

    Post  bcauchi on Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:17 am

    It would be nice to have one tyre still with the rim. I would remove just one from the rim and leave the other one.

    Paul Salomone
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 655
    Join date : 2011-07-08
    Age : 51
    Location : MANIKATA MALTA

    Rusty car

    Post  Paul Salomone on Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:36 pm

    Hello Robert, Very Happy

    Good work - Keep it up.

    You are working on a very difficult project. Simulating a weathered and rusty car is no joke.

    Cheers.

    Robert
    Bronze
    Bronze

    Posts : 257
    Join date : 2012-06-14
    Age : 33
    Location : Haz-zebbug

    Re: Rusty car

    Post  Robert on Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:27 pm



    After some suggestions decided to take some of the parts off and elaborate more.

    Tancred
    Admin

    Posts : 1078
    Join date : 2009-07-20
    Age : 45
    Location : Attard, Malta

    Re: Rusty car

    Post  Tancred on Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:51 pm


    Hey Robert,

    I saw this at the club and must say you are doing one hell of a job Cool very realistic weathering!

    Keep it up...


    _________________
    "Ghamel kollox bis-serjeta', imma tiehux kollox bis-serjeta"

    Tankred afro

    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4061
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : St. Julian's

    Re: Rusty car

    Post  bcauchi on Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:46 pm

    Terrific Robert, super terrific, the more stuff you pull out the better it is looking. That is a very realistic effect you got with the speedo fulled out and the radio partly removed. Also just noted the tear on the seat, what a super job, it is getting better and better. The more you let your imagination run wild, the better it is looking.

    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 6102
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 53
    Location : Zurrieq MALTA

    Re: Rusty car

    Post  Ray on Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:10 am

    I join the CHORUS Robert cheers

    Robert
    Bronze
    Bronze

    Posts : 257
    Join date : 2012-06-14
    Age : 33
    Location : Haz-zebbug

    Re: Rusty car

    Post  Robert on Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:43 pm

    thanks for the comments guys i really appreciate.i always get tips from you.i know it's my first model but i really wish to get the best out of it and im doing my utmost.



    more work on the dashboard

    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    Re: Rusty car

    Post  skyhigh on Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:15 pm

    Robert you are doing great progress , for sure...... cheers

    Robert
    Bronze
    Bronze

    Posts : 257
    Join date : 2012-06-14
    Age : 33
    Location : Haz-zebbug

    Re: Rusty car

    Post  Robert on Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:13 pm


    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    Re: Rusty car

    Post  skyhigh on Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:30 pm

    Robert I think the wire is overscale... Question

    Paul Salomone
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 655
    Join date : 2011-07-08
    Age : 51
    Location : MANIKATA MALTA

    Rusty car

    Post  Paul Salomone on Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:16 pm

    Hello Robert, Very Happy

    Brilliant job habib,well done.

    As for the wire, I think Marco is right, try using transformer wire.


    Maxi_Model
    Highly Commended
    Highly Commended

    Posts : 116
    Join date : 2012-06-16
    Age : 44

    Re: Rusty car

    Post  Maxi_Model on Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:38 am

    I'm not sure, but from what I am seeing, the wires on teh back coming out of the tail lights holes are a little over sized..... are they or my optics are wrong Smile?

    olivermifsud
    Highly Commended
    Highly Commended

    Posts : 150
    Join date : 2009-07-26
    Age : 52
    Location : malta

    Re: Rusty car

    Post  olivermifsud on Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:21 am

    good job you done but the wires are over scale

    Robert
    Bronze
    Bronze

    Posts : 257
    Join date : 2012-06-14
    Age : 33
    Location : Haz-zebbug

    Re: Rusty car

    Post  Robert on Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:13 pm

    infact i took them off and start all over again Smile

    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 6102
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 53
    Location : Zurrieq MALTA

    Re: Rusty car

    Post  Ray on Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:15 pm

    Robert wrote:infact i took them off and start all over again Smile

    BRAVU!!!!!!!

    That is SSM Spirit & Blood cheers

    Robert
    Bronze
    Bronze

    Posts : 257
    Join date : 2012-06-14
    Age : 33
    Location : Haz-zebbug

    Re: Rusty car

    Post  Robert on Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:41 pm


    new wireing Laughing



    Last edited by Robert on Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

      Current date/time is Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:56 pm