Re: Rusty car

Post  skyhigh on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:19 pm

Now that looks much better , welldone ... cheers

bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi on Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:46 pm

Hi My friend, sorry to be a pain in the a** but you need to change the sequence of one of the lights at the back. The wiring should coincide with the position of the lamp. Decide which arrangement you are going to keep and change the other side.

For example, on the left hand side of the rear of the car you have the single blue wire coming out of the inner hole. On the right hand side it is opposite. So choose a sequence and keep it. Either both blue wires in the inner holes or in the outer holes. The function of the lights on the rear of the car should coinside. If the brake light is on the inside, it would be on the inside on both sides etc.

skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh on Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:05 pm

bcauchi wrote:Hi My friend, sorry to be a pain in the a** but you need to change the sequence of one of the lights at the back. The wiring should coincide with the position of the lamp. Decide which arrangement you are going to keep and change the other side.

For example, on the left hand side of the rear of the car you have the single blue wire coming out of the inner hole. On the right hand side it is opposite. So choose a sequence and keep it. Either both blue wires in the inner holes or in the outer holes. The function of the lights on the rear of the car should coinside. If the brake light is on the inside, it would be on the inside on both sides etc.

lol! lol! Robert nothing is going to be easy way out .. lol! lol! listen to the engineer words .. lol! lol! but at the end it's going to be worth it... lol!

Robert
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  Robert on Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:19 pm

Thanks for the remark....i corrected them Smile

bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi on Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:18 am

I am just nitpicking here Robert but i am sure someone would have noticed and better correct these little things now as you are going along. That car would look cool set in a field with a tree near it, a hajt tas-sejjieh or a wall made from rusty 45 gallon drums. You can even throw in an old Refrigerator ot washing machine as part of the wall. The rest is up to you, overgrowth, grass and soil all over the place and maybe some cat or dog. That would look really cool. If you opt for the 45 gallon drums, you can keep on rusting and weathering these too. I loove this project. You are doing a grand job of it.

in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  in nannu pec on Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:19 pm

bcauchi wrote:I am just nitpicking here Robert but i am sure someone would have noticed and better correct these little things now as you are going along. That car would look cool set in a field with a tree near it, a hajt tas-sejjieh or a wall made from rusty 45 gallon drums. You can even throw in an old Refrigerator ot washing machine as part of the wall. The rest is up to you, overgrowth, grass and soil all over the place and maybe some cat or dog. That would look really cool. If you opt for the 45 gallon drums, you can keep on rusting and weathering these too. I loove this project. You are doing a grand job of it.

listen to the engineer robert.....I wouldn't have known for sure....but well done habib...u achieved what you wanted....a real worn down ...rusty car...a good rendition habib
    in nannu

skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh on Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:45 pm

in nannu pec wrote:
    bcauchi wrote:I am just nitpicking here Robert but i am sure someone would have noticed and better correct these little things now as you are going along. That car would look cool set in a field with a tree near it, a hajt tas-sejjieh or a wall made from rusty 45 gallon drums. You can even throw in an old Refrigerator ot washing machine as part of the wall. The rest is up to you, overgrowth, grass and soil all over the place and maybe some cat or dog. That would look really cool. If you opt for the 45 gallon drums, you can keep on rusting and weathering these too. I loove this project. You are doing a grand job of it.

listen to the engineer robert.....I wouldn't have known for sure....but well done habib...u achieved what you wanted....a real worn down ...rusty car...a good rendition habib
    in nannu

Louis taf li Brian ghed jittihed... lol! lol!

Robert
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  Robert on Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:44 pm

You have any idea where to buy any 45 gallon drums , how to scratch build a refrigerator or any animals Smile ? I have in mind I beens going under the car

skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh on Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:41 am

If you want the easy way Robert try here...
    http://www.dioramaminiatures.com/catalog/item/6774947/9051270.htm

http://www.dioramaminiatures.com/catalog/item/6774947/6705428.htm

bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi on Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:29 pm

Dak il-virus Marco, m'hemmx fejqan ghalih u iktar ma jghaddi z-zmien iktar timrad bih. Xi trid taghmel, cappastna lkoll!!!! LOL!! Sorry for hijacking this thread Robert.

skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh on Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:26 pm

bcauchi wrote:Dak il-virus Marco, m'hemmx fejqan ghalih u iktar ma jghaddi z-zmien iktar timrad bih. Xi trid taghmel, cappastna lkoll!!!! LOL!! Sorry for hijacking this thread Robert.

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Sorry Robert....but he fell for the hook... lol! lol!

Robert
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  Robert on Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:19 pm

Doing some s/build.Smile i thought to try out and build my on refrigerator Smile .. i hope it's not over scale

skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh on Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:38 pm

For me it looks very good Robert.....

bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi on Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:59 pm

Depends on the scale and size of the car. You should measure the one you have at home and just go with those measurements. It looks really good and well done, and definitely a refrigerator but it might be a bit too big. Just measure the real thing and scale it down.

skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh on Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:32 pm

bcauchi wrote:Depends on the scale and size of the car. You should measure the one you have at home and just go with those measurements. It looks really good and well done, and definitely a refrigerator but it might be a bit too big. Just measure the real thing and scale it down.

Brian I dont now any standard size in free standind Ref.... Question

Robert
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  Robert on Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:58 pm

skyhigh wrote:
    bcauchi wrote:Depends on the scale and size of the car. You should measure the one you have at home and just go with those measurements. It looks really good and well done, and definitely a refrigerator but it might be a bit too big. Just measure the real thing and scale it down.

Brian I dont now any standard size in free standind Ref.... Question

The scale is 1/24..what i did, i found the messurments on Google and i resized them for the scale.and this what i meange to do so far..

skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh on Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:27 pm

brillant work Robert...... may be You should go to 50 aniv....at Telford IPMS UK next year , there will a lot of cars entry........

Maxi_Model
    Highly Commended
    Highly Commended

Post  Maxi_Model on Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:36 pm

Robert wrote:
    Maxi_Model wrote:just a simple suggestion, if you are not going to place the tail lamps, could you check with the original car and see how the holes behind the lamps where, the wires had to pass from somewhere and was there any handle on the luggage booth door?

a small tip for the chrome items, first make sure of what material the original items were made of before doing any rust. If the item was iron or steel, a mild brownish rust would start appearing in the areas where chrome would be the thinnest ( normally due to excessive polishing or damaged surface). If the item was alloy, the first symptoms would be blistering, since an oxidization would start forming under the chrome layer and so blisters would start forming, eventually the chrome would crack/pop and a whitish powder will appear. If the item would be brass or copper (not copper plated but solid copper) green spots will start appearing on top of the chrome in random pattern or as a rush in certain areas, this greenish stuff is the oxidization of copper or brass which will start emerging from micropores or microcracks in the chrome surface.

Eventually on all metals the oxidization is unreversable, unless the chrome is stripped entirely off the object, cleaned well and re-plated.

another suggestion, for the deflated tyres, have you tried immerging the wheels (up to the point where you want it deflated) into nitrocellulose thinner, for some hours? the plastic should soften enough to let you shape it. I never tried this myself, so be careful if you will be trying it, better test it on something else first.

You are doing an awesome job on that model Smile keep it up.

Hi. nice sugg..emm regard the thinner no, i didnt tryed but i will try it with an extra one.regard the chrom tips do you have any thecniques how to do the last 2 tips you told me please

Sorry for the late reply. Actually I never tried to replicate oxidized alloy / antimonium oe brass, but the antimonium normally starts bubbling from beneat the chrome layer till it burst and then a white powder starts emerging (the oxidized metal)

the brass does not have this bubbling effect, but starts sppeing green rush out of the chrome / nickel pores, so it starts showing sparingly then if the oxidizing goes on it concentrates in the are where it was mostly effected by water or mist.

I hope this short info on oxidization helped, if I manage to find some photos I will post them.

bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi on Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:32 pm

Wow man, that is one cool refrigerator, and you are telling us that this is your first attempt at scratch building? You need to give us some lessons. If it weren't for the broken shelf, you could just plug it in and cool that beer!! Well done, very well done!! this project is getting better all the time.

Robert
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  Robert on Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:22 pm

Hehe.yes its my first scratch build,but I'm putting an effort to do a good job.thanks for your comments.

ascomt
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  ascomt on Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:14 pm

Brilliant scratch building Robert.

The wiring you're using for the fridge compressor seems more in scale for the tail lamps (at least if my eyes don't deceive me)

Prosit and keep updating us.

Alex

skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh on Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:36 pm

Brian he add the motor eswell ... lol! lol! he is realy enjoying this build , welldone Robert ..that's how a modeler should be ....... cheers

bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi on Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:14 am

i will have to see that at home, our blasted internet is filtered here and i only see red crosses. I really love this build, your spirit Robert and the way you immediately listen to our suggestions and criticism and try to get everything right. It is also good that you are taking lots of pics along the way, that way you can correct anything as you go. These are the signs of a master modeller in the making.

bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi on Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:36 pm

Robert, you can use that fridge compressor for your airbrush. Just joking, what a great job you did with that fridge. Well done, this is really going to look good. Try to dent it a bit, it would not be handled carefully if it were thrown away or else just make its door hang on from one hinge only. What a great project this is, there is so much you can do, you can let your imagination run wild.

Robert
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  Robert on Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:29 pm

Yes I'm loving this and I want to be a nice project.thanks for your comments

Current date/time is Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:28 pm