Rusty car

    Share

    Wayne
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 1065
    Join date : 2011-01-11
    Age : 37
    Location : Smack in the middle of the Med

    Re: Rusty car

    Post  Wayne on Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:23 pm

    Just keeps getting better. This will definitely be a crowd puller, well done mate.


    _________________

    Bench: Bv 141 B, Ju 87 G-2, Macchi C.205, Arado Ar.234
    Stash: Ju87D-3, Bf 109 E-3, Bf109 F-4/trop, Bf 109 G-10, He219....

    www.ScaleModelBench.com

    Robert
    Bronze
    Bronze

    Posts : 257
    Join date : 2012-06-14
    Age : 33
    Location : Haz-zebbug

    Re: Rusty car

    Post  Robert on Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:51 pm



    Weathering and assemble compressor area

    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    Re: Rusty car

    Post  skyhigh on Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:17 am

    Robert I think some oil came out.. lol! lol!

    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4061
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : St. Julian's

    Re: Rusty car

    Post  bcauchi on Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:04 pm

    Brilliant Robert, since i check on your thread every day i think i will make it my homepage!!

    Robert
    Bronze
    Bronze

    Posts : 257
    Join date : 2012-06-14
    Age : 33
    Location : Haz-zebbug

    Re: Rusty car

    Post  Robert on Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:58 pm



    But I'm afraid i will have to rusty things in one place

    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4061
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : St. Julian's

    Re: Rusty car

    Post  bcauchi on Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:10 pm

    No problem, you can have the rubble wall made of stone if you don't want to have too many rusty things in one small area. Otherwise this can be an exercise in rusty items. Things rust differently and it would be nice to see things in different stages of 'rustiness' The fridge can be a somewhat recent addition with a lesser degree of rust on it than the car and the 55 gallon tanks, should you decide to use them can also rust in a different way. They can be newer or more deteriorated. If you don;t want to put in the tanks you can always use stone and rocks to create a wall. The scope of this is endless and you can just decide to put in whatever you think will look good with the car.

    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 6102
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 53
    Location : Zurrieq MALTA

    Re: Rusty car

    Post  Ray on Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:42 pm

    Great work Robert & if you manage to get it ready for Euro, maybe it squeezes in some carry box case who knows Suspect

    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2019
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 68
    Location : Qawra Malta

    Re: Rusty car

    Post  in nannu pec on Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:24 am

    prosit Robert !
    in nannu

    Robert
    Bronze
    Bronze

    Posts : 257
    Join date : 2012-06-14
    Age : 33
    Location : Haz-zebbug

    Re: Rusty car

    Post  Robert on Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:00 pm


    Can some one please help me and explain me why, when I mix the oil paint with white spirit the oil paint is separate.

    Maxi_Model
    Highly Commended
    Highly Commended

    Posts : 116
    Join date : 2012-06-16
    Age : 44

    Re: Rusty car

    Post  Maxi_Model on Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:04 pm

    I donno much about oil colours, but as far as I know white spirit is used to wash brushes from oil paints, so it means that it should dissolve the paint. To thin the oil paints you need to use some medium, like 'painting medium quick / slow drying' or Turpentine.

    (Turpentine) Solvent

    The two primary uses of turpentine in industry are as a solvent and as a source of materials for organic synthesis. As a solvent, turpentine is used for thinning oil-based paints, for producing varnishes, and as a raw material for the chemical industry. Its industrial use as a solvent in industrialized nations has largely been replaced by the much cheaper turpentine substitutes distilled from crude oil. Turpentine has long been used as a solvent, mixed with beeswax or with carnauba wax, to make fine furniture wax for use as a protective coating over oiled wood finishes (e.g., lemon oil).

    White spirit is mainly used when doing streaks, in little (wiped) qty to dissolve the drying oil paint and stretch it down as desired.

    Robert
    Bronze
    Bronze

    Posts : 257
    Join date : 2012-06-14
    Age : 33
    Location : Haz-zebbug

    Re: Rusty car

    Post  Robert on Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:56 pm




    After severl trails still not happy with the weathering of the fridge

    Robert
    Bronze
    Bronze

    Posts : 257
    Join date : 2012-06-14
    Age : 33
    Location : Haz-zebbug

    Re: Rusty car

    Post  Robert on Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:01 pm

    Maxi_Model wrote:I donno much about oil colours, but as far as I know white spirit is used to wash brushes from oil paints, so it means that it should dissolve the paint. To thin the oil paints you need to use some medium, like 'painting medium quick / slow drying' or Turpentine.

    (Turpentine) Solvent

    The two primary uses of turpentine in industry are as a solvent and as a source of materials for organic synthesis. As a solvent, turpentine is used for thinning oil-based paints, for producing varnishes, and as a raw material for the chemical industry. Its industrial use as a solvent in industrialized nations has largely been replaced by the much cheaper turpentine substitutes distilled from crude oil. Turpentine has long been used as a solvent, mixed with beeswax or with carnauba wax, to make fine furniture wax for use as a protective coating over oiled wood finishes (e.g., lemon oil).

    White spirit is mainly used when doing streaks, in little (wiped) qty to dissolve the drying oil paint and stretch it down as desired.

    I alos tried with with Turpentine (both from ironmongery)but still i had the same result,


    Maxi_Model
    Highly Commended
    Highly Commended

    Posts : 116
    Join date : 2012-06-16
    Age : 44

    Re: Rusty car

    Post  Maxi_Model on Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:21 am

    what is the brand of the oil paints you are using?

    Robert
    Bronze
    Bronze

    Posts : 257
    Join date : 2012-06-14
    Age : 33
    Location : Haz-zebbug

    Re: Rusty car

    Post  Robert on Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:25 am

    Maxi_Model wrote:what is the brand of the oil paints you are using?


    Winsor and newton

    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2019
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 68
    Location : Qawra Malta

    Re: Rusty car

    Post  in nannu pec on Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:37 am

    Robert...what brand of white spirit are you using.....this only happens to me when the mix gets stale after a few days.....when I mix a fresh mixture it;s ok scratch
    In nannu

    Robert
    Bronze
    Bronze

    Posts : 257
    Join date : 2012-06-14
    Age : 33
    Location : Haz-zebbug

    Re: Rusty car

    Post  Robert on Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:04 pm

    in nannu pec wrote:Robert...what brand of white spirit are you using.....this only happens to me when the mix gets stale after a few days.....when I mix a fresh mixture it;s ok scratch
    In nannu

    Hi nannu. Tal bartoline qighad nuzha.

    Robert
    Bronze
    Bronze

    Posts : 257
    Join date : 2012-06-14
    Age : 33
    Location : Haz-zebbug

    Re: Rusty car

    Post  Robert on Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:33 pm


    Gordon
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 707
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 37
    Location : bormla

    Re: Rusty car

    Post  Gordon on Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:09 am

    Proset man

    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4061
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : St. Julian's

    Re: Rusty car

    Post  bcauchi on Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:59 pm

    incredible Robert, where is the rest of that fantastic refrigerator you built? U must fit it in somehow even lying on its side with the door open or even without the door and the door some distance away but you really need to include that.

      Current date/time is Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:21 am