SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
in nannu pec
Ray
6 posters

A Tribute to Dom Mintoff!

Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

A Tribute to Dom Mintoff! Empty A Tribute to Dom Mintoff!

Post  Ray Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:48 pm

Allow me to pay homage to Malta's ex Prime Minister Dom Mintoff who passed away on Monday.

I had the honour to "battle" with him in his later years in the course of my duty & now I affectionately look back on that incident with strenght & honour as I'm sure he would have done the same if not worse Twisted Evil

He was who he was & like everyone of us, he had good & bad qualities & also performed brilliantly at times & committed sins, AGAIN like every human being who performs on a mortal basis.

We let God Almighty judge him as he deems fit.......as far as I am concerned I will let the GOOD THINGS outweigh the bad ones so I'll always remember him for the BENEFICIAL WINS he obtained for Malta & for us, ever conquered Maltese.

RIP Perit, we owe you this at least & THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Viva Malta li tigi l-ewwel u qabel kollox I love you
    in nannu pec
    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

A Tribute to Dom Mintoff! Empty Re: A Tribute to Dom Mintoff!

Post  in nannu pec Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:37 am

A fitting tribute Ray....Oh yes he had his moments....but who's perfect in this world ? people in high places are there to be hailed...appraised ..criticised ...ridiculed and God knows what else..that's the price you pay for being a leader of men...of a community...of a country.... love him or hate him...he has done so much for Malta.....Malta was his life....he lifted Malta out of the gutter...he worked so much to elevate the wyas of life of the needy...the poor....the pensioner...the worker !...nobody on this beautiful island of ours can deny that !....he created a strong sense of patriotism that lives on...He put Malta on the map !and I echo his famous words that prooves his worth
    MALTA L'EWWEL U QABEL KOLLOX !
    I Salute you Perit !
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:35 am

Respect to a great leader, who we should thank and been lucky to have at the right moment and the right time.

Probably one of the last and few proper patriots we had, that fought for the true Maltese identity and the commoner ... his vision and fruits are part of our identity today as a minute island yet soverign!

Viva Malta RIP Perit

Paul Salomone
    Paul Salomone
    Gold
    Gold

A Tribute to Dom Mintoff! Empty A Tribute to Dom Mintoff

Post  Paul Salomone Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:57 pm

Mintoff took over the helm of the country when Malta was bankcrupt, ripe with poverty, riddled with housing and sanitary problems. Through his determined efforts, Mintoff uplifted the state of the Maltese population from poverty, provided homes and aid for the poor, created jobs, and above all gave an identity to the Maltese people.

Mintoff stood up against foreign bullying and against those who considered Malta and it's people a nullity. It was thanks to him, that we had a country of our own and recognised through the world.
    Mintoff left us a self ruled county (Republic), rich in both econmy and wealth, only to end up as an enslaved colony in the EU, under the command of those who used to preach out loud "xoghol - gustizzja w liberta" .

Mintoff was no communist - He was the only prime minister who loved this country and respected the rights of the Maltese population.

Perit, you have spent your life, looking after this country and it's people, like a mother taking care of her children.

You deserve your well earned rest now.

Rest in Peace Perit -

This island shall always remember you.
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:34 pm

I second you all ....May he R.I.P.....
    Tancred
    Tancred
    Admin

Post  Tancred Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:33 pm

Here is another interesting point of view http://www.independent.com.mt/news.asp?newsitemid=150000

Tankred afro
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:58 pm

Tancred wrote:Here is another interesting point of view http://www.independent.com.mt/news.asp?newsitemid=150000

Better Prof Frendo stop writing biased historical facts as he is showing what a typical old school historical writer he is, the article looks like reading facts about WW2 battles in the 50s written by the winners ... nowadys history is written and understood different but here we are afraid as we tend to see everything Blue or Red!

Read this

More importantly, unlike most other ex-colonies, Maltese society – Malta as a nation – experienced freedom after Independence. This is not an achievement to be sneezed at. Unlike what the anti-Independence parties had feared, Independence did not lead to starvation or chaos; on the contrary there was trust, investment, development and a marked rise in prosperity. Emigration had practically ground to a halt by 1969. (The efforts to suppress its publication having failed, Professor M.M. Metwally documented this much in his famous book Structure and Performance of the Maltese Economy covering the Borg Olivier-Mintoff transition).

He forgot to mention how many out of bounds areas [not only military zones but also residential and recreational] were controlled by the NAVY, Army and RAF ... thats Freedom hux!

We all no that the Maltese Independence was achieved by Borg Olivier yet he still remained a puppet on a string to the Empire ... Malta was not yet totally 'independent' from the rulers ... and that is fact! Has he forgotten to mention that? Was he the right PM to negotiate the independence? Who created the division between the church and the politics in Malta, who instigated the divide and rule in Malta [unfortunetly the Empire had still it's traces ... so read and talk with veterans to understand then make your judgment ...]

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:30 pm