Moto Guzzi V10 Centauro

    Share

    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4047
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : St. Julian's

    Moto Guzzi V10 Centauro

    Post  bcauchi on Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:20 pm

    Hi guys just finished building this bike which Brad aka Slingshot also provided. My first thanks to Brad who now has me totally hooked on bikes. this is another out of box build which kept me sane during the time i was building the King Air models, which surely qualify for the worst models i have ever built. Needless to say, the old Revell models are like tamiya stuff compared to them. so i build this nice bike in tandem. I am now totally hooked on bikes and you will definitely be seeing more of them in the future. My next one will be a classic Honda CB1000 which i already have at home. the model was painted with metallizers, rub'n'buff silver wax and model master gloss red. Other colours used were semi glass black for all the black painted stuff and the most important, alclad chrome. You need this for all the chrome in the kit. When removing the chrome parts from the sprue, you inevitably damage th chrome finish besides the parts which need gluing and sanding like the exhausts. Besides, the alclad chrome is way more realistic than the kit chrome. If you are into cars and bikes and need chrome, i think that this is the way to go. All out of box, the disc brakes were thinned down and all holes drilled out to make them look better. Hope you like it.















    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 1388
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 38
    Location : Tarxien, Malta

    yeah right...

    Post  Dottore on Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:07 pm

    admit it you bought a bike and took photos of it outside your house...afraid to tell the wife??? :-P

    Dottore

    (great job Bri)

    J.Fenech
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2103
    Join date : 2009-08-01
    Age : 42
    Location : MALTA - South

    Re: Moto Guzzi V10 Centauro

    Post  J.Fenech on Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:25 pm

    Dottore wrote:admit it you bought a bike and took photos of it outside your house...afraid to tell the wife??? :-P

    Dottore

    (great job Bri)

    I agree with the Dottore, the potholes under the bike gave you away....!!!!


    Excellent work Brian!

    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4047
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : St. Julian's

    Re: Moto Guzzi V10 Centauro

    Post  bcauchi on Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:11 pm

    How's that for an authentic looking Maltese street?!!

    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    Re: Moto Guzzi V10 Centauro

    Post  skyhigh on Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:40 pm

    Veary nice job , Brian... cheers

    slingshot392
    Silver
    Silver

    Posts : 467
    Join date : 2010-02-19
    Age : 54
    Location : Minnesota, USA

    Re: Moto Guzzi V10 Centauro

    Post  slingshot392 on Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:55 am

    That's a fantastic looking bike! That looks so realistic, a few more potholes in the roads and it could be Minnesota! That really turned out beautiful with all the different colors, the engine is nicely detailed and really contrasts with the colors and the chrome is absolutely beautiful!!! Even though enamel really bothers me, I might just give it a try. I even read an article where somebody brushed that paint on with very good results, even though everybody says you can't. Just may have to give it a try. That would be perfect for all of the trim on car models. Looking forward to your next bikes! They should all be a big hit at your next expo. I'll have to break out my Kawasaki Z1 this winter.

    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    Re: Moto Guzzi V10 Centauro

    Post  skyhigh on Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:25 pm

    slingshot392 wrote:That's a fantastic looking bike! That looks so realistic, a few more potholes in the roads and it could be Minnesota! That really turned out beautiful with all the different colors, the engine is nicely detailed and really contrasts with the colors and the chrome is absolutely beautiful!!! Even though enamel really bothers me, I might just give it a try. I even read an article where somebody brushed that paint on with very good results, even though everybody says you can't. Just may have to give it a try. That would be perfect for all of the trim on car models. Looking forward to your next bikes! They should all be a big hit at your next expo. I'll have to break out my Kawasaki Z1 this winter.


    I tought that only in Malta, you find potholes.... Rolling Eyes

    Wayne
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 1065
    Join date : 2011-01-11
    Age : 37
    Location : Smack in the middle of the Med

    Re: Moto Guzzi V10 Centauro

    Post  Wayne on Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:15 pm

    Nice ride Brian!


    _________________

    Bench: Bv 141 B, Ju 87 G-2, Macchi C.205, Arado Ar.234
    Stash: Ju87D-3, Bf 109 E-3, Bf109 F-4/trop, Bf 109 G-10, He219....

    www.ScaleModelBench.com

    slingshot392
    Silver
    Silver

    Posts : 467
    Join date : 2010-02-19
    Age : 54
    Location : Minnesota, USA

    Re: Moto Guzzi V10 Centauro

    Post  slingshot392 on Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:52 am

    skyhigh wrote:
    slingshot392 wrote:That's a fantastic looking bike! That looks so realistic, a few more potholes in the roads and it could be Minnesota! That really turned out beautiful with all the different colors, the engine is nicely detailed and really contrasts with the colors and the chrome is absolutely beautiful!!! Even though enamel really bothers me, I might just give it a try. I even read an article where somebody brushed that paint on with very good results, even though everybody says you can't. Just may have to give it a try. That would be perfect for all of the trim on car models. Looking forward to your next bikes! They should all be a big hit at your next expo. I'll have to break out my Kawasaki Z1 this winter.


    I tought that only in Malta, you find potholes.... Rolling Eyes

    We have a massive pothole problem here. Thankfully they finally repaved the roads right outside where I lived, coming down them you thought you were going to lose your fillings you get jarred around so much. People in Minnesota like the joke that there are only two seasons in the year, winter and road construction :-)

      Current date/time is Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:14 pm