SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

John of Beirut 54mm

Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

John of Beirut 54mm Empty John of Beirut 54mm

Post  Ray Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:43 pm

Another Oldie from the Totally Oils Era What a Face

A Pegaso conversion of one of their three European Knights set, sculpted by Pietro Balloni some 10yrs ago or so Suspect his two cousins (the figure's cousins cheers ) will be posted soon by William as they are being painted by both William and Jeremy, as Hospitallers for the Junior Section in Folkestone this year Cool

It got me a HC in Glasgow2000 (Open Class) and a C in EuroMilitaire 2000 (Class 4)
    As I said it's a small conversion where I substituted the helmet as per kit with a Pegaso Landsknect Pikeman's head (again from a trio of figures) kindly donated by Noel Laughing I just gave him some hair and a beard and splashed the paint Twisted Evil

Ray affraid

John of Beirut 54mm Johnbe10

John of Beirut 54mm Frontl11

John of Beirut 54mm Leftbk11

John of Beirut 54mm Rightf10
    Samwel18
    Samwel18
    Silver
    Silver

John of Beirut 54mm Empty Re: John of Beirut 54mm

Post  Samwel18 Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:43 pm

Lovely work mate.....I didn't know you when you did this Very Happy Very Happy

I especially like his head and the look is just superb.....the yellow is simply amazing Smile

Im gonna some final touch ups in the hospitaller and post new pics soon Wink

Cya tnight king be good e Very Happy

Sam =]
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:50 am

Another brilliant masterpiece, i love your work and this is a brilliant idea to show these old pieces again. Apart from remembering them again, i would not have seen some of them and the pics are great, the detail sticks out. I really like the work with yellow. Great stuff!!!
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:02 am

bcauchi wrote:Another brilliant masterpiece, i love your work and this is a brilliant idea to show these old pieces again. Apart from remembering them again, i would not have seen some of them and the pics are great, the detail sticks out. I really like the work with yellow. Great stuff!!!

Thanks for looking Bri, and as always your kindness Shocked

Sent you a PM yesterday Embarassed

Ray affraid
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:16 am

I don;t believe i got it ray, did you send it at the office?
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:45 am

bcauchi wrote:I don;t believe i got it ray, did you send it at the office?

No sent it over here on the forum...........hope I did anyway Embarassed try P.M. on the top menu but you should have got notified anyway so it must be another gaff on my part Sad

Ray affraid
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:59 am

hi Ray, i found the message, kemm int kiesah man, i was not in the least offended. i am using it for clear parts. There has been widespread use of it abroad and this by great modellers. Somehow it works wonders on clear parts. It makes them even clearer and when you have to sand them, it restores the perfect clear finish and removes the minute scars. I was wondering what all the hype was about but it actually does work. i never use it as a finish but some very good modellers do and they get brilliant results. It has self levelling properties and does not effect certain finishes like other varnishes do. for example when i used it over the metallizer paints, they retained their natural metal quality. So it does have some good points.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:45 am