SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Paul Salomone
Maxi_Model
in nannu pec
Ray
Dottore
bcauchi
Noel Petroni
11 posters

Panzer I A - 95% DONE!!!!

Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Panzer I A - 95% DONE!!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Panzer I A - 95% DONE!!!!

Post  Noel Petroni Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:24 pm

bcauchi wrote:Yay an update!  Listen Noel, just judging by the photos i have just some comments to make.
    - The machine gun barrels are the same colour as the tank, i guess they should be gunmetal. If they are then it must be the photos and just ignore this comment.
    -  The dead guy.  You painted him as if he was alive. A dead corpse changes colour and is not a healthy and lively looking pink, the docs at our club can vouch for this but i have seen some corpses in my life and they are definitely greyer.  The more time passes the greyer they look and the stiffness of this guy should indicate that a considerable amount of time has passed. The blood would also be less reddish and blacker, much darker when blood dries up it is very dark indeed.
    - his knee is way too clean for the wound he has and the fact that his uniform is torn means that he has been hit in the knee, paintwork there should show more damage.

Just my 2 cents worth
    Taqlali it trouble! Very Happy (the smily face means just kidding)

- MG's looks ok to me maybe it's the photo. However, this is how I see it.... a brand new MG will have a bluish tint "bluing", but with handling and cleaning it starts to have a blue/brown tint with a metal sheen.

- Dead guy! I took your suggestion and went over some areas with Payne's grey oil paint (bluish colour) and darkened the reds. However the photo is pushing more on red hue. If you look at the exhaust cover how orange they are... the real model is actually very subtle.

- I darkened the colour at the knee also and on the fabric. Regarding damage, it's not always the same. There are severed limbs that don't produce much blood and I was reluctant to go for a severe injury for viewing sake

Thanks for you suggestions
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:37 pm

Noel naqlaghlek l-inkwiet ghax veru joghgobni x-xoghol tieghek. I can only judge from the photos but when it is something you can still fix i feel i have to point it out. But of course, you have to go by the real thing. Photos are great but they can be totally misleading where colour is concerned.
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:14 pm

From out here in the Sahara it seems to fit the part Noel cheers
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:13 am

bcauchi wrote:Noel naqlaghlek l-inkwiet ghax veru joghgobni x-xoghol tieghek. I can only judge from the photos but when it is something you can still fix i feel i have to point it out.  But of course, you have to go by the real thing. Photos are great but they can be totally misleading where colour is concerned.  
    Thanks Brian!

I agree that photos are not the best to judge. However, thank you for always observing and confident to point out what may not seem right from where you are viewing. I prefer a pointer instead of a "wow" because the person is shy to point out. Than it's up to me to act.

I welcome pointers (not nit-picking) and I do not get offended nor uncomfortable.

Thanks
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:19 am

Ray wrote:From out here in the Sahara it seems to fit the part Noel cheers 
    Come again......... communication ... fading...... can you hear me......... (Huston, we have a long distance communication problem!)...... Ray, can you ,.... hear.....me....... (Huston, system is going down, we are loosing contact!!)........ Ray, if you can hear me......... can you get with you some ......... ....... sand samples......... I repeat .... sand samples........... top priority.......... do not pass go, do not collect 200..... keep to your destination.... hello..... hello... is there any body out there....... ray.... ray............ray.......Houston, we lost contact!
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:44 am

Noel Petroni wrote:
    Ray wrote:From out here in the Sahara it seems to fit the part Noel cheers 
    Come again.........  communication ... fading...... can you hear me......... (Huston, we have a long distance communication problem!)...... Ray, can you ,....  hear.....me....... (Huston, system is going down, we are loosing contact!!)........ Ray, if you can hear me......... can you get with you some ......... ....... sand samples......... I repeat .... sand samples........... top priority.......... do not pass go, do not collect 200..... keep to your destination.... hello..... hello... is there any body out there....... ray.... ray............ray.......Houston, we lost contact!
    Nice one Noel you made me smile this morn lol!

Sand I will bring but am afraid it will be futile to try and retrieve it as it will all be in my brain cells affraid

Keep up the good work cheers
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:01 am

Panzer I A - 95% DONE!!!! - Page 5 DSC_2762-2_zpsf98911dc
    Panzer I A - 95% DONE!!!! - Page 5 DSC_2762-2_zpsf98911dc

Panzer I A - 95% DONE!!!! - Page 5 DSC_2766-2_zps7fbc085c

Panzer I A - 95% DONE!!!! - Page 5 DSC_2765-2_zpsfd73d40b
    Panzer I A - 95% DONE!!!! - Page 5 E9096247-429d-4768-af29-600cee8dd101_zps419afb2e

Panzer I A - 95% DONE!!!! - Page 5 DSC_2767-2_zpsbcc2e4ca

Panzer I A - 95% DONE!!!! - Page 5 DSC_2781-2_zps7faff401

Panzer I A - 95% DONE!!!! - Page 5 DSC_2768-2_zps3df2dc6d

Panzer I A - 95% DONE!!!! - Page 5 DSC_2772-2_zpsc98b7aa4

Panzer I A - 95% DONE!!!! - Page 5 DSC_2774-2_zps7420f147

Panzer I A - 95% DONE!!!! - Page 5 DSC_2787-2_zps2e688fd5

Panzer I A - 95% DONE!!!! - Page 5 DSC_2789-2_zps0fa0a572

Panzer I A - 95% DONE!!!! - Page 5 DSC_2792-2_zpsd0f97899

Panzer I A - 95% DONE!!!! - Page 5 DSC_2793-2_zps557cd2a7

Last edited by Noel Petroni on Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:03 pm

Noel may I......Exclamation Idea 
    The finished model looks real enough... but the standing hand is it real ..when the victim dies.. should the hand go's loose down ...

and another thing does in modeling competition's, exisit censor becuase of young modelers or ..
    the way he looks dead is horrible... just my 2c.........happy modeling...cheers 
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:51 pm

skyhigh wrote:Noel may I......Exclamation Idea 
    The finished model looks real enough... but the standing hand is it real ..when the victim dies.. should the hand go's loose down ...

and another thing does in modeling competition's,  exisit censor becuase of  young modelers or ..
    Very Interesting debate you initiated Marco cheers
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:41 pm

To hell with competitions, that looks great. i think that you did an excellent job and it is so original. War is death and it is portrayed excellently. Well done. Dying to see the rest now.
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

Panzer I A - 95% DONE!!!! - Page 5 Empty WELL DONE!

Post  Dottore Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:35 pm

Love the tank...your best so far I think...

Have some qualms over the figgy as I said but just my opinion...

Great job Noel

Dottore
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:48 pm

Ray wrote:

and another thing does in modeling competition's,  exisit censor becuase of  young modelers or ..
    Very Interesting debate you initiated Marco cheers
    Ejja f lahhar , grazzi Mulej qabel wahda mighie.....cheers 

Brian I know that you hate compt...hehhe , but still there is other believe .... what I was trying to say about the hand , you sad nothing...Idea Exclamation 
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:51 pm

Marco, i remarked about the hand in my first comment in this thread but then Noel showed me a photo and the hand was exactly like that so i did not say anything else, i am not an expert on corpses so i guess i would do as he did and copy the photo.
    in nannu pec
    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  in nannu pec Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:41 pm

Rigor Mortis:affraid: affraid affraid affraid ..I think the figure captures well the horrid scenes in battle !
    that's my humble opinion
    In nannu8) 
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:38 am

Marco in the photo below you can see how ridged the dead crew is. His hand is pointing up and his head and back are not compleatly relaxed by gravity. That is because of "Rigor Mortis" caused by chemical changes in the muscles after death, causing the limbs of the corpse to become stiff and difficult to move or manipulate.[1] In humans, it commences after about three to four hours, reaches maximum stiffness after 12 hours, and gradually dissipates until approximately 48 to 60 hours after death.[2]
    Panzer I A - 95% DONE!!!! - Page 5 DSC_2634_zps7f59893f

In the book and film "Band of Brothers" one of the American soldiers liked collecting rings off dead bodies and it is also depicted in the film. The US soldier says that they were walking through a battle field and he saw a German soldier on the ground with his hand straight up like a Nazi salut.

CENSORSHIP: As far as I know this has always aroused a debate. Modellers shy away from displaying gruesome scenes. In my opinion, this is the main picture of war.... mutilated and grotesquely torn apart bodies of soldiers was a common scene. So we either hide it or show it. If we hide it we will see war as a clash between steel but if we show it we understand that between the clash of steel is the fragile body of a human being and we start to understand how horrible was is.

I plan in the near future to execute a more vivid mutilation scene.
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:42 am

bcauchi wrote:To hell with competitions, that looks great. i think that you did an excellent job and it is so original.  War is death and it is portrayed excellently.  Well done. Dying to see the rest now.
    I agree brian..... to hell with competitions! Build what tickles your fancy at that moment!

Thanks for liking it!
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:43 am

in nannu pec wrote:Rigor Mortis:affraid: affraid affraid affraid ..I think the figure captures well the horrid scenes in battle !
    that's my humble opinion
    In nannu8) 
    Thank you Louis!
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:27 am

So you were right ...real photos are the evidence... I'm not good in biology and chemicals..scratch scratch ... Thumbs ub...cheers .. for your display.. still looks macabre..Shocked 
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:15 am

More work on the walking lady

Panzer I A - 95% DONE!!!! - Page 5 DSC_2815_zps338573e4

Panzer I A - 95% DONE!!!! - Page 5 DSC_2817_zpsc4444713
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:18 pm

Looks the part Noel. By the way i could not help noticing your piece about Joachim Peiper. Apparently he was murdered because hsi troops massacred a group of captured Americans. He as tried for it but there was no evidence to convict him of the crime and his killing was probably an act of revenge. He was a devout Nazi but a fantastic commander. That's the story as i know it and it is very interesting.
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:35 pm

Have never heard any competion that finds offensive to show death in models ... it is more tricky for the modeller to show convincing models to look death .... I think Noel managed to capture the effect though have my reservation from the blood coming from the mouth, I would have avoided that ...

Ivan
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:07 pm

iCocker wrote:Have never heard any competion that finds offensive to show death in models ... it is more tricky for the modeller to show convincing models to look death .... I think Noel managed to capture the effect though have my reservation from the blood coming from the mouth, I would have avoided that ...

Ivan
    Was waiting for someone to put words into my mouth as I can't agree more with you Ivan cheers Kudos Twisted Evil
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:51 pm

iCocker wrote:Have never heard any competion that finds offensive to show death in models ... it is more tricky for the modeller to show convincing models to look death .... I think Noel managed to capture the effect though have my reservation from the blood coming from the mouth, I would have avoided that ...

Ivan
    Thanks Ivan!

Regarding the blood from the mouth....... I have to make a small entry (shrapnel wound/bullet wound) to the figure's tunic at the lung area. This is probably the cause of his death....... a punctured lung that makes the person bleed from the mouth.

So a tiny tear in the fabric socked with a bit of blood.
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:05 pm

bcauchi wrote:Looks the part Noel.  By the way i could not help noticing your piece about Joachim Peiper.  Apparently he was murdered because hsi troops massacred a group of captured Americans. He as tried for it but there was no evidence to convict him of the crime and his killing was probably an act of revenge.  He was a devout Nazi but a fantastic commander.  That's the story as i know it and it is very interesting.
    I have read a couple of books about the life of Piper. His capture and what came after was very unfair and he was being used as a scapegoat.

The massacre you spoke about the the famous The Malmedy Massacre. There are a few theories as to what actually happened on that faithful day. First of all Piper was not in Malmedy at the time.

Basically two films portray these two different theory.
    A) Battle of the Bulge: One of the first films to come out (about 37 years ago) portrays the scene of captured US in a field and a few German trucks reverse and the canvas pulled up to reveal SS machine gunners who start shooting on the US POW,s

b) the other film (forgot the name) and is a very recent film, shows the US in a line and a German searching their pockets, when one US starts to panic and than starts to run and panic runs through the US and the Germans start to shoot.

Nobody can confirm if it was a deliberate execuation or a confused panic situation.

I could go on.... but my wife is calling me for dinner!
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:31 pm

Noel A film is ...Battle of the Bulge (1965)

B film name is .....Saints and Soldiers (2004) it is very good...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:04 am