SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Paul Salomone
Maxi_Model
in nannu pec
Ray
Dottore
bcauchi
Noel Petroni
11 posters

Panzer I A - 95% DONE!!!!

iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Panzer I A - 95% DONE!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Panzer I A - 95% DONE!!!!

Post  iCocker Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:48 am

Magic Sculpt is very good and I prefer to work with it nowadays, but Duro [blue and yellow ribbon] is a great tool to create hair, very fine detail and textiles such as flags. The only issue is that though very smooth once finished it can't be sanded down due that it is very 'elastic' in property. This can be rectified by mixing magic sculpt with it.

There is another material called A+B, popular with many sculptors and seen it being worked when Andrea Iotti paid us a visit and made a demo, very good aswell, much finer then milliput.

Milliput is good, I prefer the standard then the white but find the above products much finer for certain detail but not as strong as milliput so what I do is use milliput for the base and work the rest according. This is my way does not mean it is good ... Larruccia who by far is one of the top master sculptor work his models with so much intricate detail ALL in white milliput ... so depends to know your material, learn the properties and experiment!

Magic Sculpt is available from our maltese friends in UK, El Greco Miniatures ... Duro can be purchased locally from Forbidden Power in small strips via GamesWorkshop [green stuff?].

Ask David and Steve aswell to see their views ...

Have more fun ...

Ivan
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:07 pm

Noel, that figure is looking really good now. The hair could be a bit finer but i think that you captured the feel totally, really great. If those guys would have been wearing headphones, you can have these hanging down on the tank with the cable coming from inside the hatch. I am really liking this project of yours.
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:23 pm

iCocker wrote:Magic Sculpt is very good and I prefer to work with it nowadays, but Duro [blue and yellow ribbon] is a great tool to create hair, very fine detail and textiles such as flags. The only issue is that though very smooth once finished it can't be sanded down due that it is very 'elastic' in property. This can be rectified by mixing magic sculpt with it.

There is another material called A+B, popular with many sculptors and seen it being worked when Andrea Iotti paid us a visit and made a demo, very good aswell, much finer then milliput.

Milliput is good, I prefer the standard then the white but find the above products much finer for certain detail but not as strong as milliput so what I do is use milliput for the base and work the rest according. This is my way does not mean it is good ... Larruccia who by far is one of the top master sculptor work his models with so much intricate detail ALL in white milliput ... so depends to know your material, learn the properties and experiment!

Magic Sculpt is available from our maltese friends in UK, El Greco Miniatures ... Duro can be purchased locally from Forbidden Power in small strips via GamesWorkshop [green stuff?].

Ask David and Steve aswell to see their views ...

Have more fun ...

Ivan

Thanks for the info, Ivan... very helpful! Very Happy 
    QUESTION: What do you mean our our maltese friends in UK, El Greco Miniatures scratch 
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:28 pm

bcauchi wrote:Noel, that figure is looking really good now. The hair could be a bit finer but i think that you captured the feel totally, really great.  If those guys would have been wearing headphones, you can have these hanging down on the tank with the cable coming from inside the hatch. I am really liking this project of yours.

Thanks Brian.  Just learnt that hair can be made finer with another product other than Milliput. Next time!

You know...... I got addicted!  I want to try my capabilities and see if I'm good for it.......... the figure of the woman walking is too expensive to buy (20Euro) so I'm going to attempt to sculpt it myself!!! affraid 

It more challenging than the dead figure because in a way it's nearly 2D but the walking figure is a complete 3D and animated.  We'll see if I'm able or not!
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:50 pm

El Greco is a UK based company run by a Maltese couple ... qiesek ic-CIA ostra!
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:22 pm

iCocker wrote:El Greco is a UK based company run by a Maltese couple ... qiesek ic-CIA ostra!

Really!  You know....... there is an El Greco frame maker and artist round the corner from where I live..... could it be the same family? scratch 

Anyway...... I'll look up their site..... it's interesting to deal via UK with a Maltese couple!

.......... entered.... and .... ordered the Magic Sculpt! The ease of purchasing through the internet....Sleep 
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:44 pm

OK ...... here it goes..... fingers crossed! I started with a body base to start building onto.

Panzer I A - 95% DONE!!!! - Page 3 DSC_2666_zpsc1fbdd51

Panzer I A - 95% DONE!!!! - Page 3 DSC_2667_zps439f089a

Panzer I A - 95% DONE!!!! - Page 3 DSC_2668_zpsf597a0b1
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:15 am

Noel the CREATOR strikes again cheers
    Paul Salomone
    Paul Salomone
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Paul Salomone Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:39 am

You are on the right track Noel - keep it up mate.
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:32 pm

Looking very good indeed!!
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:41 pm

I decided to do a shell hit damage!!!

Issa .... I really need your opinions.......... I'm not going to enlarge the damage.... it's going to be as is.

I re-did the rubber wheel to detach it slightly from the metal. I would suppose this would happen. What do you think if I make the lower piece the same but with part of the rubber torn off? Don't forget that there was a metal bar from the broken wheel to the back wheel which will be bent and blown in two

How does it look???????????

Panzer I A - 95% DONE!!!! - Page 3 DSC_2669_zps8a662bef
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:53 am

I like the wheel Noel, what I suggest is to thin down a bit more the walls near the hit, I feel a bit too thick for a Pz1, maybe to add more interest you would also add a bit of a crack going up, it was a common feature to see such effect, if you see images of also KO panthers turrets ... I think will add a bit more the idea ...

Iv
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:04 pm

I think that the damage is too regular. I think that a hit would cause buckling in the plates, even in the area surrounding the hit, not such a clean hit, with some bent edges and as Ivan said, cracks in the metal. This is too clean and surgical, it looks artificial.
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:16 pm

Noel if you want to get an idea on battle damage , check this out....

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=42446

Panzer I A - 95% DONE!!!! - Page 3 Mine2010

Panzer I A - 95% DONE!!!! - Page 3 Destro10
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:45 pm

Noel look at the second photo Marco posted up here. that is just what i had in mind. The area surrounding the hit is also effected. the metal is warped and you can tell that the round came from outside and entered the tank by the way the edges of the entry hole twist inwards to the interior of the tank. Shrapnel also leaves its mark on the surrounds. No hit from a shell is clean cut.
    in nannu pec
    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  in nannu pec Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:49 am

bcauchi wrote:I think that the damage is too regular. I think that a hit would cause buckling in the plates, even in the area surrounding the hit, not such a clean hit, with some bent edges and as Ivan said, cracks in the metal. This is too clean and surgical, it looks artificial.

Iagree with BrianNoel....try and be more adventurous...just let your hands go and work on their own ....
    in nannu Cool 
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:08 pm

Thank you Ivan, Brian, Marco (for the photos they were very helpful.... how the hell do you find them!!!), and thank you Louis... your comments were all extreamly helpful!!! I love you

this is what I conjured........

Panzer I A - 95% DONE!!!! - Page 3 DSC_2685_zpse991e427

Panzer I A - 95% DONE!!!! - Page 3 DSC_2687_zps08455346
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:23 pm

Keep up the great work Noel cheers

Looking extremely good from El Sahara Twisted Evil
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:59 pm

[quote="Noel Petroni"]Thank you Ivan, Brian, Marco (for the photos they were very helpful.... how the hell do you find them!!!), and thank you Louis... your comments were all extreamly helpful!!! I love you

Noel did you checked the link...........

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=42446
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:15 am

Yesterday I started painting..... BUT ... man I had a very hard time! Could not get the paint to flow .... stoppages..... freaking out!.......clean airbrush.........try again..... blockage...... freak out.... clean airbrush again.... freaking hot....... perspiring... sweat on my spectacles !!! etc

Panzer I A - 95% DONE!!!! - Page 3 DSC_2701_zps02fed52e

Panzer I A - 95% DONE!!!! - Page 3 DSC_2703_zps8f0fde77
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

Panzer I A - 95% DONE!!!! - Page 3 Empty Paint choice...

Post  Dottore Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:36 am

That's precisely why I dislike Vallejo and AK paints...I stick to Tamiya though intend to try Lifecolor and Humbrol (yes good old Humbrol). Still looking good like the shading effect...

Dottore
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:06 pm

Now we're talking Noel, that is a very convincing shell hole. Could have done with some more damage around it but it will do, i like the buckled plates, the nicks and scratches around it and all the other damage you included. Looking good now.
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:05 pm

Thanks Doc
    Thanks Brian

Early German cross.... hand painted...... transfers were too expensive to buy!!! The turret numbers are Tristar decals that came with the kit... the cross however came in yellow and I wanted white ones!

Panzer I A - 95% DONE!!!! - Page 3 DSC_2705_zps23d6f30a
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:22 am

Personally I am still not overjoyed using acrylics compared to Tamiya ... with Valejo. Lifecolor and AK mixed with water got orange peel and a clogged airbrush after few minutes. But read over Fb people got very good results using the 'Thinner' by AK, they even managed to blend and feather with them ... unfortunetly till date I have not yet tested it, on the other hand I tested Lifecolor with their Thinner. It is much better then water, spend half a day punishing the airbrush from one colour to another and never clogged, had to work almost 80% to 20%, so I guess the AK thinner should proof the same bonus ... hope so as they got a very nice range of colours for us ...

Re.Insignia I preferto paint them when possible, nothing will replicate it ...

Ivan
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:28 pm

iCocker wrote:Personally I am still not overjoyed using acrylics compared to Tamiya ... with Valejo. Lifecolor and AK mixed with water got orange peel and a clogged airbrush after few minutes. But read over Fb people got very good results using the 'Thinner' by AK, they even managed to blend and feather with them ... unfortunetly till date I have not yet tested it, on the other hand I tested Lifecolor with their Thinner. It is much better then water, spend half a day punishing the airbrush from one colour to another and never clogged, had to work almost 80% to 20%, so I guess the AK thinner should proof the same bonus ... hope so as they got a very nice range of colours for us ...

Re.Insignia I preferto paint them when possible, nothing will replicate it ...

Ivan

I believe that was my problem. I have now ordered the Thinner and will try it out when they arrive. I'm sure they are excellent paints. At the moment the tops for me are Life color!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:00 am