SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Paul Salomone
in nannu pec
Robert
alexbb
Ray
iCocker
bcauchi
Dottore
12 posters

Chinese T-59b CONSTRUCTION COMPLETE

skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Chinese T-59b CONSTRUCTION COMPLETE - Page 2 Empty Re: Chinese T-59b CONSTRUCTION COMPLETE

Post  skyhigh Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:03 pm

Nice work ..dottore...cheers 
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Chinese T-59b CONSTRUCTION COMPLETE - Page 2 Empty Re: Chinese T-59b CONSTRUCTION COMPLETE

Post  iCocker Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:13 pm

skyhigh wrote:Nice work ..dottore...cheers 

issa bhalhekk int fejn tifhem dan x'inhu ... jekk hux T54, T55, T59 jew T69 per ezempju? Smile

PS. Qed nicalengjak ha tmur tfittex ftit ritratti ....
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:49 am

Great work Doc Roe cheers
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:31 pm

Doing a good job!
    Lovely tank... a favorite of mine in fact!

Doc..... so you know how to solder scratch ... never thought you had it in you!! You sure did a neat job. Is it possible to explain :

What Volt or amp is the solder you are using?
    How the hell do you solder!!??
    Do you dip the solder strand in the grease or wipe the part with grease?

I tried it and made a mess! The solder melted but I could not control it to stick where I want it to!

Noel
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:03 pm

iCocker wrote:

issa bhalhekk int fejn tifhem dan x'inhu ... jekk hux T54, T55, T59 jew T69 per ezempju? Smile

Ivan ma nafx naraf it tank partikolari ghax kolla T... imma naf napreza ix xoghol tal mudel.......cheers 
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

Chinese T-59b CONSTRUCTION COMPLETE - Page 2 Empty Soldering....

Post  Dottore Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:35 am

Did a short demo at the club a few weeks ago. Much simpler than it looks. Actually the only difficulty I find is lack of extra hands to hold parts together lol. Hard to explain maybe one day we could meet at the club and show you how it's done. Once you practice an hour or so you'll be so good you'll never use glue for PE anymore I assure you!

Dottore
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:06 am

skyhigh wrote:
    iCocker wrote:

Ivan ma nafx naraf it tank partikolari ghax kolla T... imma naf napreza ix xoghol tal mudel.......cheers 

U mela ma nafx imma ipruvajt nara issibilniex ftit images ghax rari dan billi made in china Smile
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:52 pm

iCocker wrote:
    skyhigh wrote:
    iCocker wrote:

U mela ma nafx imma ipruvajt nara issibilniex ftit images ghax rari dan billi made in china Smile

Issa nara skond xi tridu .....Question

Chinese T-59b CONSTRUCTION COMPLETE - Page 2 Th10

http://www.forum.modelismo-na.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17992
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

Chinese T-59b CONSTRUCTION COMPLETE - Page 2 Empty More progress...

Post  Dottore Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:20 pm

Slow and very very painful progress...this model is fighting me every step of the way...but I press on hoping to finish in time...(I need a miracle)

Bulk of the fenders is on...not much for them to hold on to...just a thin strip at the side...hoping they won't break off once the various boxes and fuel tanks are placed on them...
    Any suggestions to what I can do to strenghten them is more than welcome...a bit reluctant to do the obvious plastic card strips beneath them as I think that would make the whole point of having the photo etch fenders in the first place...

some pics...

Dottore

Chinese T-59b CONSTRUCTION COMPLETE - Page 2 Img_0413

Chinese T-59b CONSTRUCTION COMPLETE - Page 2 Img_0310
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:43 pm

Wow well done, not a tank man but i think that this is your best model so far, the work you have put in is amazing. I love it.
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:51 pm

Looking great though upside down! Smile
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

Chinese T-59b CONSTRUCTION COMPLETE - Page 2 Empty Construction complete....

Post  Dottore Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:34 pm

Been a bit of a nightmare completing this Chinese tank...
    For those not aware this tank will be a vignette in collaboration with Ivan Cocker who is doing the terrain and figure...

Dottore

Chinese T-59b CONSTRUCTION COMPLETE - Page 2 Img_0414

Chinese T-59b CONSTRUCTION COMPLETE - Page 2 Img_0415

Chinese T-59b CONSTRUCTION COMPLETE - Page 2 Img_0416

Chinese T-59b CONSTRUCTION COMPLETE - Page 2 Img_0417

Chinese T-59b CONSTRUCTION COMPLETE - Page 2 Img_0418
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:52 am

You forgot to put Made in China mate!

Looking good ... very good ... precise! Time to paint it hux?

Ivan
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:15 pm

Whoever thought of that is a genius!! No one ever modelled such a significant moment in history. That is one of the most famous photos of all time and no one ever thought of building a model of the event. Well done whoever of you came up with the brilliant idea. That is a way out choice of a vignette, well done and get it painted so that we can see it. Can;t wait!!
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:10 pm

bcauchi wrote:Whoever thought of that is a genius!!  No one ever modelled such a significant moment in history. That is one of the most famous photos of all time and no one ever thought of building a model of the event.  Well done whoever of you came up with the brilliant idea. That is a way out choice of a vignette, well done and get it painted so that we can see it. Can;t wait!!
    Brian if I'm not mistaken scratch ..., correct me if I'm wrong Ivan.....Idea ...I already saw this as  a model ........

It was very dramatic ... watch the real scene....affraid 

http://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?p=man+standing+in+front+of+tank
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:07 pm

iCocker wrote:You forgot to put Made in China mate!

Looking good ... very good ... precise! Time to paint it hux?

Ivan
    Ejja Doc Roe start painting Twisted Evil 
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:53 pm

Since the fist time I had seen your work at the exhibition at the Catholic Institute ... how long ago scratch 13... 14 years ago..... you can now be counted as one of the best AFV modellers!
    PROSIT!

PS: the guy in front of the tank..... take care because he is wearing a 1960 issue shirt. This can be a bit misleading because during that period, the population were issued with 1970 white shirts which had six buttons instead of the more common seven button.
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:59 pm

Noel Petroni wrote:Since the fist time I had seen your work at the exhibition at the Catholic Institute ... how long ago scratch 13... 14 years ago..... you can now be counted as one of the best AFV modellers!
    PROSIT!

PS: the guy in front of the tank..... take care because he is wearing a 1960 issue shirt. This can be a bit misleading because during that period, the population were issued with 1970 white shirts which had six buttons instead of the more common  seven button.
    U ejja din cajta uh.....cyclops 
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:22 pm

The most difficult part of this fotodio, [apart the timeframe DocRoe took to finish every niche and detail of this blessed T] ... as a project like this is what is originally called ... was choosing the right face of Tank Man Smile

Ironically this is an iconic foto that was taken by accident ... the unnamed Tankman is still a mystery, who he was and what happened ... what is sure he had balls, BIG balls he managed to stop a column of tanks in a calm protest, and surely merit to be immortalised as an icon for freedom!

PS. Not sure if anyone has done it before and if yes, we are sure not accurate, as to make a real chinese tank you need some balls for sure ... Doc outdid himself this time but hats of when I see the painted version ... this project manged to be accurate thanks to the knowledge on T tanks like the expertise of Alex BB and Andy Taylor ...

Ivan
    Tancred
    Tancred
    Admin

Post  Tancred Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:02 pm

Impressive construction Matt, painting will surely be to the same standard Cool 

Tankred afro
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Chinese T-59b CONSTRUCTION COMPLETE - Page 2 Empty The making of ...

Post  iCocker Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:32 pm

The road to Tianamen ...

Chinese T-59b CONSTRUCTION COMPLETE - Page 2 Dsc_0410

Our hero, tank man ... scratchbuilt from MS and duro apart from the asian Hornet head and hands.

Chinese T-59b CONSTRUCTION COMPLETE - Page 2 Dsc_0411

Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

Chinese T-59b CONSTRUCTION COMPLETE - Page 2 Empty Awesome work Ivan...

Post  Dottore Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:25 am

Looking goooood....

Thanks guys for your comments (Noel, Brian and Tancred...too good thx guys)

I had the idea a while ago...(even posted a pic in the dio or vignette section....
    Turns out Ivan had the same idea since years and had stock piled a kit and some info...so we decided to pair up (since I am not keen on terrain and figures and since Ivan had the wise foresight to stay away from such a nightmare conversion hehe)

Hope to finish it in time now!!!

Cheers
    Dottore
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:24 pm

Prosit Ivan, that guy is looking really great. The road looks good too. It would have been a headache to reproduce if it were in Malta, all the potholes, horse**** and a sleeping policeman to top it all up, made of tarmac of course. Laughing Laughing 

Come on dottore, one good effort lets see it painted.
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:43 pm

Thanks Brian if it was in Malta no need of tank man, just the potholes would have stopped the column for sure ... we await the paint process from Doc and from my side the man himself
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:30 pm

Wow looking good alraedy........cheers 

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:51 pm