The starting point:
I managed to get a photo etch set as well as a resin V6 engine, both by Reji Model.
The starting point to this journey of pleasure, frustration, anger, annoyance and delight all rolled in one was the chopping off of the side doors and rear engine cover. This proved to be a delicate step and was achieved first by deepening the panel lines with a thin scriber then separating with a thin photo etch saw. Most delicate were (and still are) the front pillars which are no more than 4mm in width each. It is my intention to display the car with open doors and a detached rear engine cover.
I then decided to proceed with the interior,pity that most of the detailing will be hidden but a complete job requires such.
First for treatment was the dashboard, measuring no more than 5cm. Here the molded switches were chopped off, and instead a 5mm washer with a thin piece of flattened steel wire were installed, simulating the flip switches so common in those days. Then the side fuses panel was removed and individual ones added, followed by a panel of square white switches. To round it off decals were added.
The seats were not an exact replica, in that the flat part was actually curved. Here separate styrene sheets, curved upwards were added and when installed the underneath was filled with foam, as in the real thing. Seat belts, with etch buckles were added.
Also included were the front pedals, foot rests, extinguisher with plumbing, gear and brake levers. The gear lever shaft was replaced.
More to soon follow.