P-39 Q (Eduard 1: 48)

jesmondc

P-39 Q (Eduard 1: 48)

Post  jesmondc on Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:15 pm

Even the base changed ...made it smaller just for Marco... Very Happy

Last edited by jesmondc on Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:31 pm; edited 3 times in total

Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Re: P-39 Q (Eduard 1: 48)

Post  Ray on Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:10 pm

Nicely done Jes cheers

Happy Easter Twisted Evil

skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh on Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:57 am

Hi Jesmond how are you ....looks nice...If I was me I resize the base...

Happy easter ........... cheers

Gordon
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Gordon on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:49 am

Well done

bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi on Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:44 pm

A nice rendition but i don;t like the paint chipping on the wing walks, it is patchy and overdone, i think you need to tone it down a bit, still possible even at this stage.

jesmondc

Post  jesmondc on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:19 am

Thanks Guys and Happy Easter to all..
    Marco the timber looking base is not fixed to the proper base Very Happy , its just for the photos
    Brian, I know about the scratches, dont look that convincing, but from the photos that I have, that area of the plane was highly weathered ...

Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray on Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:51 pm

Re base.......Marko tghid lili melha lol! I'm not gonna say that I KNEW, but from the pics it really looks the terrain is PROPPED UP on the base, so that's why I didn't say anything Evil or Very Mad

Re scratches.......Jes you can always try to tone them down with some burnt umber/black wash like Brian wisely observed/mentioned/suggested as they are a bit stark if not overdone Twisted Evil

jesmondc

Post  jesmondc on Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:36 pm

Ray wrote:Re base.......Marko tghid lili melha lol! I'm not gonna say that I KNEW, but from the pics it really looks the terrain is PROPPED UP on the base, so that's why I didn't say anything Evil or Very Mad

Re scratches.......Jes you can always try to tone them down with some burnt umber/black wash like Brian wisely observed/mentioned/suggested as they are a bit stark if not overdone Twisted Evil
    I will take your advice fellas...a wee bit of wash will not do any harm...

slingshot392
    Silver
    Silver

Post  slingshot392 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:43 am

Nice job on the 39. I agree, the wing walks might be a little bit heavily chipped, if this is to take place in the South Pacific or the CBI, the paint jobs there to a pretty heavy abuse, especially earlier in the war when they were short on fighter and they received heavy use. The 39 also had car doors on each side so they would walk on the wings differently than they would on other fighters.

jesmondc

Post  jesmondc on Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:19 pm

slingshot392 wrote:Nice job on the 39. I agree, the wing walks might be a little bit heavily chipped, if this is to take place in the South Pacific or the CBI, the paint jobs there to a pretty heavy abuse, especially earlier in the war when they were short on fighter and they received heavy use. The 39 also had car doors on each side so they would walk on the wings differently than they would on other fighters.
    This plane was based in Italy 44 , one of the Tuskegee Airecobras (Red Tails)...now I am planning to built the P-47 of the same bunch...
    the excess chipping has been sorted...and when I have time I take other photos , replace the ones above and make the posts look daft... Very Happy
    at the moment I am working on a Super Sabre 1: 48...biggest challenge yet...using Monogram kit, rescribing it all, plus replacing cockpit, wheel wells, afterburner etc etc...a nightmare...(I have also the Trumpeter one, but it is shite, and inaccurate in so many things, that not worth building)...if there is anyone interested I am willing to part from it for £ 15 ...

skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:21 pm

jesmondc wrote:
    slingshot392 wrote:Nice job on the 39. I agree, the wing walks might be a little bit heavily chipped, if this is to take place in the South Pacific or the CBI, the paint jobs there to a pretty heavy abuse, especially earlier in the war when they were short on fighter and they received heavy use. The 39 also had car doors on each side so they would walk on the wings differently than they would on other fighters.
    This plane was based in Italy 44 , one of the Tuskegee Airecobras (Red Tails)...now I am planning to built the P-47 of the same bunch...
    the excess chipping has been sorted...and when I have time I take other photos , replace the ones above and make the posts look daft... Very Happy
    at the moment I am working on a Super Sabre 1: 48...biggest challenge yet...using Monogram kit, rescribing it all, plus replacing cockpit, wheel wells, afterburner etc etc...a nightmare...(I have also the Trumpeter one, but it is shite, and inaccurate in so many things, that not worth building)...if there is anyone interested I am willing to part from it for £ 15 ...

Jesmond, the monogram for it's age it's still a very good kit.. I build it in the early 80's

Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray on Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:12 pm

So you had to HIJACK Jesmond's thread to post 2pics of a PAST MODEL of yours cheers

Nice model nonetheless which held its firm grip on TIME I love you

jesmondc

Post  jesmondc on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:06 pm

Marco, did you rescribe it? Even the Trumpeter toolling is more recent, the Monogram kit is still better, few things need to be corrected, one of them is the fuel tanks, too small ..they need to be extended...1 item I dont have aclue how to improve are slats mechanism..those in the kit are poor and the Eduard set is too weak...in Malta I have a B 17 1:48 Monogram...I will spend my time down there rescribing it..happy days...

skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:54 pm

Ray wrote:So you had to HIJACK Jesmond's thread to post 2pics of a PAST MODEL of yours cheers

Nice model nonetheless which held its firm grip on TIME I love you

No Ray I'm only trying to encourage Jesmond to build the model, because it's one of my favorites.......

skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:55 pm

jesmondc wrote:Marco, did you rescribe it? Even the Trumpeter toolling is more recent, the Monogram kit is still better, few things need to be corrected, one of them is the fuel tanks, too small ..they need to be extended...1 item I dont have aclue how to improve are slats mechanism..those in the kit are poor and the Eduard set is too weak...in Malta I have a B 17 1:48 Monogram...I will spend my time down there rescribing it..happy days...

No Jesmond , at the time I was building models OTB...

Current date/time is Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:18 am