An interesting dio from AMT ...

    Share

    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 3172
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 42
    Location : Marsascala, Malta

    An interesting dio from AMT ...

    Post  iCocker on Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:41 pm

    Seems from the hands of the usual Spanish group that creats those magnificent aircraft dios, this time with an interesting story ... a storch in trouble [strange is Italian?] saved by the Italian equivalent of the LRDG ... interesting apart the balance and weathering is the groundwork, one of the best renditions of Sahara desert that captures the colour and the sit of the material and people ...



    Last edited by iCocker on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:37 pm; edited 2 times in total

    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 1388
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 38
    Location : Tarxien, Malta

    no pics!

    Post  Dottore on Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:55 pm

    Question

    Dottore

    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 6102
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 53
    Location : Zurrieq MALTA

    Re: An interesting dio from AMT ...

    Post  Ray on Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:48 am

    Dottore wrote: Question

    Dottore

    Make it X2 lol!

    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 3172
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 42
    Location : Marsascala, Malta

    Re: An interesting dio from AMT ...

    Post  iCocker on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:15 am

    Strange I am seeing it on other platforms ... what are you getting?

    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    Re: An interesting dio from AMT ...

    Post  skyhigh on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:15 am

    It's a nice dio setup... may be one question , how come the pilot is hurt and the plane is not even damage .... correct me if I'm wrong....... cheers

    But it simply stunning....... cheers

    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 3172
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 42
    Location : Marsascala, Malta

    Re: An interesting dio from AMT ...

    Post  iCocker on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:13 pm

    Forsi ma infetahlux l-airbag?


    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    Re: An interesting dio from AMT ...

    Post  skyhigh on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:28 pm

    iCocker wrote:Forsi ma infetahlux l-airbag?



    Insomma bejnitna , trid tkun taljan biex taqa fil hofra min desert bhal dak.... cheers

    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 6102
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 53
    Location : Zurrieq MALTA

    Re: An interesting dio from AMT ...

    Post  Ray on Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:55 pm

    The terrain is AMAZING but there is "space" IMHO which could have been "filled" even though I understand that with an aircraft, you have some "waste" on the sides due to the wings Twisted Evil

    Just nitpicking Suspect as I said the terrain is simply REAL & is among the BEST we've seen for sure cheers

    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 3172
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 42
    Location : Marsascala, Malta

    Re: An interesting dio from AMT ...

    Post  iCocker on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:49 pm

    I do not agree the space is wasted, it is very well balanced, he captured the death space of a desert, by tilting the outstretched long wings of the plane he managed to balance the death weight ... creating longitudinal lines to the base I think so far this is the best downed aircraft dio I have seen ... the usual odd jerrycan too fill the area would have been rather unrealistic! Thumbs up for him to create dislevel and texture he added that sony ridge ...


    the story as Marco pointed out might be the nit picking, the pilot's injury looks too match, but then he is adding drama ... artistic licensce ... the trio trying to pull up the storch with the measuring rods are great, have seen some other images on FB, the body language is so good ... hats off for me! cheers

    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    Re: An interesting dio from AMT ...

    Post  skyhigh on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:55 pm

    Agree 100% Ivan.... cheers

    Wayne
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 1065
    Join date : 2011-01-11
    Age : 37
    Location : Smack in the middle of the Med

    Re: An interesting dio from AMT ...

    Post  Wayne on Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:30 pm

    Great setup, I like it.


    _________________

    Bench: Bv 141 B, Ju 87 G-2, Macchi C.205, Arado Ar.234
    Stash: Ju87D-3, Bf 109 E-3, Bf109 F-4/trop, Bf 109 G-10, He219....

    www.ScaleModelBench.com

    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4063
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : St. Julian's

    Re: An interesting dio from AMT ...

    Post  bcauchi on Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:48 pm

    i think it is brilliant the terrain is impressive

    Tancred
    Admin

    Posts : 1078
    Join date : 2009-07-20
    Age : 45
    Location : Attard, Malta

    Re: An interesting dio from AMT ...

    Post  Tancred on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:06 pm


    Like it very much too Cool


    _________________
    "Ghamel kollox bis-serjeta', imma tiehux kollox bis-serjeta"

    Tankred afro

    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 6102
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 53
    Location : Zurrieq MALTA

    Re: An interesting dio from AMT ...

    Post  Ray on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:33 pm

    iCocker wrote:I do not agree the space is wasted, it is very well balanced, he captured the death space of a desert, by tilting the outstretched long wings of the plane he managed to balance the death weight ... creating longitudinal lines to the base I think so far this is the best downed aircraft dio I have seen ... the usual odd jerrycan too fill the area would have been rather unrealistic! Thumbs up for him to create dislevel and texture he added that sony ridge ...


    the story as Marco pointed out might be the nit picking, the pilot's injury looks too match, but then he is adding drama ... artistic licensce ... the trio trying to pull up the storch with the measuring rods are great, have seen some other images on FB, the body language is so good ... hats off for me! cheers

    My mistake as I miscalculated the "wasted area" & also I did not notice the tilted wing was creating that "dislevel" and thus creating longitudinal lines to the base Embarassed so I ask FORGIVENESS of the modeller Sad

    Yes I agree 101 % cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 3172
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 42
    Location : Marsascala, Malta

    Re: An interesting dio from AMT ...

    Post  iCocker on Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:37 am

    It's the angle of the foto when you see it from the front it is totally different ... this time they used all models 1/35 so no more excuses for them this Euro!

    Ivan

    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 6102
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 53
    Location : Zurrieq MALTA

    Re: An interesting dio from AMT ...

    Post  Ray on Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:43 am

    iCocker wrote:It's the angle of the foto when you see it from the front it is totally different ... this time they used all models 1/35 so no more excuses for them this Euro!

    Ivan

    Yes as I viewed it from above there was something missing Sad from my brains that is Laughing Twisted Evil

    Do you mean even the Storch is 1:35 Suspect ?

    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 3172
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 42
    Location : Marsascala, Malta

    Re: An interesting dio from AMT ...

    Post  iCocker on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:53 am

    Yep there are a couple of 1/35 models around, planned to be combined with armour, storch and an equivalent USA plan [forgot the name] there are also some 1/35 Helicopters, Hinds, Hues and a Chinock. Planning something?

    If it wasn't for the mix Mr Tamiya made so many years ago we would have no trouble with scales of 1/32 and 1/35 ...

    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 6102
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 53
    Location : Zurrieq MALTA

    Re: An interesting dio from AMT ...

    Post  Ray on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:43 am

    iCocker wrote:Yep there are a couple of 1/35 models around, planned to be combined with armour, storch and an equivalent USA plan [forgot the name] there are also some 1/35 Helicopters, Hinds, Hues and a Chinock. Planning something?

    If it wasn't for the mix Mr Tamiya made so many years ago we would have no trouble with scales of 1/32 and 1/35 ...

    Kemm kien bla sens is-Sur Tamiya lol!

    No not planning anything Evil or Very Mad as if Sad was just SURPRISED Shocked

    But Mr.Tamiya's blatant mistake apart, I think a "mid line" is always feasable when you have "two close scales" as no two manufacturers work alike like in the evident "54mm range" of MOST pale

      Current date/time is Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:05 am