SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
olivermifsud
smallia
iCocker
Dottore
RayCaruana
el manolo
Ray
Tancred
12 posters

Official site

RayCaruana
    RayCaruana
    Gold
    Gold

Official site - Page 2 Empty Re: Official site

Post  RayCaruana Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:36 am

Come on guys, seems like SSM is going to be well represented at WE'13 Wink  I will certainly be very sad that weekend by not being there with you Sad  I was so looking forward to this one Mad . X' neqred!! Smile 
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:06 am

RayCaruana wrote:Come on guys, seems like SSM is going to be well represented at WE'13 Wink  I will certainly be very sad that weekend by not being there with you Sad  I was so looking forward to this one Mad . X' neqred!! Smile 
    WE 2014 not WE 2013 Reggae  Twisted Evil 

You have reason to sell that you are destroying Relax lol! lol! lol! 
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:40 pm

TanKRed, it seems that Harold & Samwel are ONLY interested in EuroMilitaire 2014, so if I were you, I would book a Room x3 (Doc, You n me ONLY) ASAP & also a station wagon or something for the 3 of us Cool  Laughing 

On another note, I would be contacting the organizers soon so that we'll get an insight re World Nations Trophy 2014 if it is going to be held there or not scratch Suspect 

skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:48 pm

Ray wrote:
    RayCaruana wrote:Come on guys, seems like SSM is going to be well represented at WE'13 Wink  I will certainly be very sad that weekend by not being there with you Sad  I was so looking forward to this one Mad . X' neqred!! Smile 

Mela ghawn iehor jikoreggi id dati....cheers 
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:15 am

skyhigh wrote:
    Ray wrote:

Mela ghawn iehor jikoreggi id dati....cheers 
    Hawn li Hemm Bzonn u Hawn Tippostjax Jekk Mhux Interessat Tigi Maghna!!! cheers 

Hawn Bzonn Ukoll Min Jikkoregi l-Malti!!! Sad 
    Tancred
    Tancred
    Admin

Post  Tancred Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:19 pm

Site has been updated http://www.we2014stresa.com/web/

Tankred afro
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:30 pm

Tancred wrote:
    Site has been updated http://www.we2014stresa.com/web/
    Looks tempting already Twisted Evil 
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:03 pm

Brian TAKE A LOOK AT THIS AS WELL if I were you Twisted Evil 

IMHO, it might be a better option for you & aircraft per se because here you'll have a "fairer" chance of getting judged ON YOUR OWN MERIT, as it will be YOUR DISPLAY which will be judged vis a vis the "Standard of Gold, Silver, Bronze HC & C", that is the Open System & both Stephen & Ivan would attest to this Cool 

As you know, YOU ARE MORE THEN WELCOME TO JOIN US AT EURO, but again I would prefer the World Expo & we are still going to be more or less the same bunch, with Stephen, Oliver & Doc Roe bringing along their better halves as well I love you I love you I love you 

I posted here to sort of "NUDGE" you so do your homework well & decide wisely my dear SSM Bro bounce   
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:35 am

Ivan, when you wake up please Sleep  can you give an insight on the Open System instead of FRIGHTENING people of Latin judging lol! lol! lol! 
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:45 am

Why is there an issue about latin judging?silent ... is it better then imperial Razz Question Question Question Question Question Question 

Open System is fair and I agree your model would be judged to a standard, but this work out properly when you have a decent international judging system. In World Expo the Figurine and AFV classes will benefit of this fair system of judging for sure as normally the top brass are called to judge IF they are not competing; but aircraft class I have my serious doubts, I still have the scars of what happened during the Rome event, and for sure what I know the aircraft side which was well contend not sure who judged that ... but let's put it this way, as the banks say the past is not a gurantee for the future ... hope they learned hux!

Then again I personally do not really care anymore about the systems, all have their prones and cons ... I personally like to go to events were there is for sure a gallery of international master models from all sections ... from there I learn, share ideas and compare and above all, meeting like minded people! I think this for me is much more an achievement then the piece of metal [or plastic/paper ...]

Ivan
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:02 am

iCocker wrote:Why is there an issue about latin judging?silent ... is it better then imperial Razz Question Question Question Question Question Question 

Open System is fair and I agree your model would be judged to a standard, but this work out properly when you have a decent international judging system. In World Expo the Figurine and AFV classes will benefit of this fair system of judging for sure as normally the top brass are called to judge IF they are not competing; but aircraft class I have my serious doubts, I still have the scars of what happened during the Rome event, and for sure what I know the aircraft side which was well contend not sure who judged that ... but let's put it this way, as the banks say the past is not a gurantee for the future ... hope they learned hux!

Then again I personally do not really care anymore about the systems, all have their prones and cons ... I personally like to go to events were there is for sure a gallery of international master models from all sections ... from there I learn, share ideas and compare and above all, meeting like minded people! I think this for me is much more an achievement then the piece of metal [or plastic/paper ...]

Ivan
    Kudos & Amen Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

Well observed & surely noted Ivan cheers cheers cheers 
    olivermifsud
    olivermifsud
    Highly Commended
    Highly Commended

Post  olivermifsud Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:58 pm

hi everyone,unfortunately this morning i had a call from airmalta which informed me that our flight on the 10th july'14 is cancelled,Ray i checked it is your same flight and the other's.till this morning i was offered 3 options one of which was a connected flight from malta-rome and then to malpensa,i called back few minutes ago and was informed that this one is already fully booked,by the way ray we choose linate as it was much cheaper cause eventually malpensa is much closer than linate,pls if anyone of you who booked our same flight will be informed of the cancellation let me know,as i'm still not sure what to do? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
    anyone who wants to call airmalta to confirm or check about this issue this is the number :21662211.
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:42 pm

Ray, you might be right about that but the time factor is really important for me and i am sure that i will not be able to get my project done by July. September is the best bet for me to get something done. No, i have decided. it is not the place, or the people, or any other issue, i am easy with all of you guys and i don;t mind visiting any place but i have now decided on Euro and i will work for that, whatever the outcome. that is the best bet i have to get anything done. thanks for your concern and guidance.
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:33 pm

olivermifsud wrote:hi everyone,unfortunately this morning i had a call from airmalta which informed me that our flight on the 10th july'14 is cancelled,Ray i checked it is your same flight and the other's.till this morning i was offered 3 options one of which was a connected flight from malta-rome and then to malpensa,i called back few minutes ago and was informed that this one is already fully booked,by the way ray we choose linate as it was much cheaper cause eventually malpensa is much closer than linate,pls if anyone of you who booked our same flight will be informed of the cancellation let me know,as i'm still not sure what to do? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
    anyone who wants to call airmalta to confirm or check about this issue this is the number :21662211.

Till date NO ONE CALLED  Sad 

I've just checked my ITENERY for World Expo & for EuroMilitaire  affraid  BAHH.......XEJN.......NIL....... affraid 

I'm so DUMBFOUNDED that I don't have the energy to call anywhere & I'm just gonna keep on with the coffee & modelling  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked 
    Tancred
    Tancred
    Admin

Post  Tancred Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:05 pm

olivermifsud wrote:hi everyone,unfortunately this morning i had a call from airmalta which informed me that our flight on the 10th july'14 is cancelled,Ray i checked it is your same flight and the other's.till this morning i was offered 3 options one of which was a connected flight from malta-rome and then to malpensa,i called back few minutes ago and was informed that this one is already fully booked,by the way ray we choose linate as it was much cheaper cause eventually malpensa is much closer than linate,pls if anyone of you who booked our same flight will be informed of the cancellation let me know,as i'm still not sure what to do? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Nobody called me so I called Airmalta. As Oliver said flight to Linate Milan is cancelled so they offered Parma Milan same day but at 8.45am. I have confirmed this flight. They are to check about the return flight and get back to me.

Tankred afro
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:07 pm

Tancred wrote:

Nobody called me so I called Airmalta. As Oliver said flight to Linate Milan is cancelled so they offered Parma Milan same day but at 8.45am. I have confirmed this flight. They are to check about the return flight and get back to me.

Thanks a lot TanKRed  cheers 

Tancred
    Tancred
    Admin

Post  Tancred Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:37 am

Got an e-mail from Airmalta confirming the new flight arrangements:

AIR MALTA KM Flight Number 656
    Confirmed Thursday, 10 July
    Departure: MLA MALTA, MALTA
    8:45am
    Arrival: PMF MILAN PARMA, ITALY
    10:40am
    Please verify flight times prior to departure
    Class: Standard
    Aircraft: AIRBUS INDUSTRIE A319 JET

Duration: 1hour(s) and 55minute(s)
    Distance (in Miles): 726

AIR MALTA KM Flight Number 657
    Confirmed Monday, 14 July
    Departure: PMF MILAN PARMA, ITALY
    3:00pm
    Arrival: MLA MALTA, MALTA
    4:50pm
    Please verify flight times prior to departure
    Class: Standard
    Aircraft: AIRBUS INDUSTRIE A320 JET

Duration: 1hour(s) and 50minute(s)
    Distance (in Miles): 726

Please note return flight is now on Monday 14th July.

Tankred afro
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Official site - Page 2 Empty REGULATIONS!

Post  iCocker Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:48 pm

Those going to World Expo ... rules are out!

http://www.we2014stresa.com/en/regolamenti/
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:55 am

Looks tempting as always  cheers 

Nice touch re Themed Awards re 100th WWI Anniversary & 200th Carabinieri Anniversary + Italeri Trophy re 70th Normandy Landings Anniversary  as copied & pasted below cheers

I have subjects for both WWI & also the Normandy Landings jekk ma NICCASSAX iktar  lol!  

[In addition, THREE THEMED CATEGORIES are included:

100th ANNIVERSARY OF THE FIRST WORLD WAR

Single themed category (G): Figures – Military Vehicles – Military Dioramas – Aircraft – Ships representing all subjects related to World War I, not just Italian.
    Open Formula – Gold, Silver and Bronze

200th ANNIVERSARY OF “L’ARMA DEI CARABINIERI”

Single themed category (L): Figures – Military Vehicles – Military and civilian dioramas – Planes and Helicopters representing the Italian Carabinieri force from its origins to the present day.
    Open Formula – Gold, Silver and Bronze

ITALERI TROPHY

OPERATION OVERLORD – 70th anniversary of the Normandy landings
    Single themed category (I): Figures – Military Vehicles – Military Dioramas – Aircraft – Ships which represent the subjects related to the Normandy landings.

Formula Open – Gold, Silver and Bronze
    ]
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:22 am

Qed taghmel xi diorama ta' Omaha Beach jaqaw? Suspect 
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:08 pm

iCocker wrote:Qed taghmel xi diorama ta' Omaha Beach jaqaw? Suspect 

lol! re Dio of Omaha Beach  lol! 

Ghandek ragun because on 2nd thoughts I don't think Soldiers' 90mm 101st Airborne & his Fallschirmjäger counterpart would fit the window  Shocked 

But 101st Airborne parachuted unto Normandy on D-Day so I thought Capt. Dick Winters (may God Bless his Soul & a moment of Silence is appropriate whenever his name is mentioned) would fit the bill  Twisted Evil 

Re WWI, we both have that Kirin 120mm Suave Prussian  cheers 
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:38 pm

Fallchimjagers contribuated in the defence of Normandy, especially the battle of the Hedgerows ... they even had a couple of battles with the 101s, remember Band of Bros the first episodes Wink You can also include the LVG with the ace ... it's not only figure!

From my side I gonna miss this expo mate this year comitted to somewhere else, madof 2 expos in a row gonna miss after Girona Sad
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:11 pm

iCocker wrote:Fallchimjagers contribuated in the defence of Normandy, especially the battle of the Hedgerows ... they even had a couple of battles with the 101s, remember Band of Bros the first episodes ;)You can also include the LVG with the ace ... it's not only figure!

From my side I gonna miss this expo mate this year comitted to somewhere else, madof 2 expos in a row gonna miss after Girona Sad

Yes sure the LVG will be there as well....have to see if the Themed Section will be apart from the Expo itself....I mean if there will be the Stand "Themed Competition" or else pieces from the general competition will have a tag or something stating "eligible for the Themed Section WWI etc etc"  Suspect 

So both 90mm Soldiers' are eligible then & also the Prussian  Laughing ?

iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:04 am

Yep the Prussian is good in the WW1 comp, I guess this should be a seperate trophy overall the comps hux ...
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:57 pm

Looks like we have the show of shows this year ... A week to go!

Gentlemen on the WEStresa site they have just confermed that already over 3000 registered models from over 700 world modellers, looks to be another massive one like Girona ... Those going good luck guys and keep the Maltese flag flying high as always!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:55 am