SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
5Nige
Gordon
Samwel18
RayCaruana
smallia
Robert
Tancred
Wayne
Dottore
Paul Salomone
bcauchi
Noel Petroni
skyhigh
iCocker
in nannu pec
Ray
20 posters

LVG's Lt.Weymar

Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

LVG's Lt.Weymar - Page 3 Empty Re: LVG's Lt.Weymar

Post  Noel Petroni Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:40 pm

I will take you word for it. Oh! don't expect everyone to read everything.

However, I still stand by my judgement...... I had your photos of the figure copied on a 14GB USB and I made several hard copies of them. I had some of them enlarged, especially the one showing the figure from the side which shows him well leaning backwards.

I had the photos scanned at a friend of mine who superimposed them on an computer generated grid. The grid clearly shows that the backward lean is not a natural pose. By placing values on the grid the computer will be able to calculate the 'true lean' and your figure showed that you are off by 5.08 impex degree which when calculated to the relative coherent true gravity it give the figure an unnatural pose.

Now, just to show that I not only comment but also give you the soluation, I went further to calculate the inert proximation of the gravitational pull from the top of the head (this being calulated and reduced ti suit 1:35 scale... which was a pain to get it correct!), to his lower lumber support. In short your figure should be moved forward just a tad. In engineering terms... .02 degrees forward and -.23 degrees to the left.

Thank me at the club study 

Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:00 pm

Noel Petroni wrote:I will take you word for it.    Oh!  don't expect everyone to read everything.

However, I still stand by my judgement...... I had your photos of the figure copied on a 14GB USB and I made several hard copies of them. I had some of them enlarged, especially the one showing the figure from the side which shows him well leaning backwards.

I had the photos scanned at a friend of mine who superimposed them on an computer generated grid.  The grid clearly shows that the backward lean is not a natural pose.  By placing values on the grid the computer will be able to calculate the 'true lean' and your figure showed that you are off by 5.08 impex degree which when calculated to the relative coherent true gravity it give the figure an unnatural pose.

Now, just to show that I not only comment but also give you the soluation, I went further to calculate the inert proximation of the gravitational pull from the top of the head (this being calulated and reduced ti suit 1:35 scale... which was a pain to get it correct!), to his lower lumber support. In short your figure should be moved forward just a tad. In engineering terms... .02 degrees forward and -.23 degrees to the left.

THANK YOU HERE PUBLICILY lol! lol! lol!

Post  Guest Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:20 pm

Ray wrote:
    Noel Petroni wrote:I will take you word for it.    Oh!  don't expect everyone to read everything.

I had the photos scanned at a friend of mine who superimposed them on an computer generated grid.  The grid clearly shows that the backward lean is not a natural pose.  By placing values on the grid the computer will be able to calculate the 'true lean' and your figure showed that you are off by 5.08 impex degree which when calculated to the relative coherent true gravity it give the figure an unnatural pose.

THANK YOU HERE PUBLICILY lol!lol!lol!
    That's complicated analysis scratch what about other variables such as wind, temperature, humidity, etc....
    RayCaruana
    RayCaruana
    Gold
    Gold

Post  RayCaruana Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:41 am

J.Fenech wrote:
    Ray wrote:

THANK YOU HERE PUBLICILY lol!lol!lol!
    That's complicated analysis scratch what about other variables such as wind, temperature, humidity, etc....

Who said scale modelling is a relaxing hobby? Crying or Very sad
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:32 pm

J.Fenech Wrote: That's complicated analysis what about other variables such as wind, temperature, humidity, etc....

Mr J. Fenech, thank you for your observation. Such analysis were in fact taken into consideration. I see you are a man of true science to have noted such complicated variables. I did not mention them because I know that Ray has no idea about science or the effects of gravity.

However, to answer your question. Humidity was the main major factor because this induces low pressure pertaining a considerable amount of weight in terms of downward weight over pressure equals gravity squared. This means that Ray's figure, as I said earlier had an incorrect lean....... however, he seems to have friends in the right places because he managed to get a license to get away with art. He called it 'artistic license' ... and god know how much he paid for it.

Noel
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:35 pm

RayC wrote: Who said scale modelling is a relaxing hobby?

In fact, Ray... it's so relaxing and boring that we have to make comments about a figure vs balancing to make it a bit exciting! bounce 
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:26 pm

Noel, are you by any chance a Star Trek Fan?
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:44 pm

lol! lol!  Noel these such Modeler's , when you bring them ..kif jajt il Malti darhom mal hajd... johorgulek b'din  'artistic license' ...lol! lol!   tajba din...lol! lol!
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:54 pm

skyhigh wrote:lol! lol!  Noel these such Modeler's , when you bring them ..kif jajt il Malti darhom mal hajd... johorgulek b'din  'artistic license' ...lol! lol!   tajba din...lol! lol!
    Veru Marco!!! .... u issa we all know that Ray has one in his pocket! lol! 
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:55 pm

bcauchi wrote:Noel, are you by any chance a Star Trek Fan?
    No Brian.... I like to watch Big Bang Theory!!

(Ray is going to get mad that I hijacked his thread)
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:46 am

No he will not get mad, it will be an excuse for him to put in more posts and keep increasing his massive amount of posts.
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:16 am

bcauchi wrote:No he will not get mad, it will be an excuse for him to put in more posts and keep increasing his massive amount of posts.

lol! lol!  Xi pjacir........lol! lol! 

Post  Guest Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:22 pm

skyhigh wrote:
    bcauchi wrote:No he will not get mad, it will be an excuse for him to put in more posts and keep increasing his massive amount of posts.
    lol! lol!  Xi pjacir........lol! lol! 
    The pot calling the kettle black!!!! lol! lol! 

Post  Guest Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:24 pm

Noel Petroni wrote:
    bcauchi wrote:Noel, are you by any chance a Star Trek Fan?
    No Brian.... I like to watch Big Bang Theory!!

(Ray is going to get mad that I hijacked his thread)
    Don't worry too much, for once he is not the one doing the hijacking but the one whose thread has been hijacked! Twisted Evil lol! lol!
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:50 pm

... where is he anyway? scratch ... maybe in his shed correcting the backward lean on the figure scratch ... Telford is creeping on him slowly slowly.... so while we are having fun building pages of hijacking posts... he must be oblivious to all this Shocked 
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:49 am

Hi is hard at work painting the figure, the next post will show us paint! Whoopee!!!
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:11 am

bcauchi wrote:Hi is hard at work painting the figure, the next post will show us paint!  Whoopee!!!
    I WISH Bri Evil or Very Mad 

Waiting for the putty to harden a bit as I've just added the coat "tail" to rest on the wing pale 

What a bloody STRESSFULL TASK, with the LVG here & weaving myself thru THE FRIGGIN RIGGING & applying talcum powder to the bare minimum so to protect the clear varnish Evil or Very Mad 

Infact I'm going for a walk in the meantime so to RELEASE the "toxic waste" in my blood system Sad 

Won't start painting until tomorrow the least Sad 

I'm on Leave till Tue next so would be able to finish Lt.Weymar till Wed next pale 

To MarKo & Noel.......throw all your MUD at me Twisted Evil  It Will Only Make Me Stronger lol! 
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:34 am

Great news Ray so we shall soon be seeing paint on that figure, goooood!
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:44 pm

Ray.... next time make him stand next to the plane! Cool 

I'm, sorry you're stressed out....... but in my heart I know that you are a strong man and you will make it through. One stroke at a time and you'll get there..... I mean with the brush Wink 

Look forward to the painting posts!
    Samwel18
    Samwel18
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Samwel18 Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:21 pm

Wonderful mate Smile ejja lestieh!What a Face 
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:39 pm

LVG's Lt.Weymar - Page 3 Dsc00046

LVG's Lt.Weymar - Page 3 Dsc00047

LVG's Lt.Weymar - Page 3 Dsc00048

LVG's Lt.Weymar - Page 3 Dsc00049

LVG's Lt.Weymar - Page 3 Dsc00110

LVG's Lt.Weymar - Page 3 Dsc00111

LVG's Lt.Weymar - Page 3 Dsc00112

LVG's Lt.Weymar - Page 3 Dsc00113

LVG's Lt.Weymar - Page 3 Dsc00114

Halloween lol! 

LVG's Lt.Weymar - Page 3 Dsc00117

LVG's Lt.Weymar - Page 3 Dsc00116

Face started but feeling a bit RUSTY Embarassed 

Will hit the hay NOW so I wake up afresh to continue pale 

Good Night everyone Sleep 

Luv ya ALL I love you 
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:13 am

Prosit Ray, looking good even in undercoat.
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:34 pm

Really looks nice with the plane! Veru! Prosit!

the plane looks excellent! Question: What's that little propeller next to the wheels?

Ray, mela you did not dig the rigging into the coat?
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:08 pm

Since he does not post anywhere i need to hijack your thread to tell Joseph prosit for the lovely work he did on the plane, it is looking magnificent in the limited view we have. It would be great if he could post some more pics of it.
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:14 pm

bcauchi wrote:Since he does not post anywhere i need to hijack your thread to tell Joseph prosit for the lovely work he did on the plane, it is looking magnificent in the limited view we have.  It would be great if he could post some more pics of it.
    Hear, hear! I agree!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:37 am