WWI Plane - Help on RIGGING!

Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Re: WWI Plane - Help on RIGGING!

Post  Ray on Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:37 am

Noel, despite Marco's DOUBTS re your modelling abilities or LACK of them Sad you managed a Pair of VERY DECENT WINGS cheers

IMHO the Result after the 1st Round is...Noel : 2 Plane Wings Twisted Evil       Marco : 2 Chicken Wings Evil or Very Mad 

Wayne
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Wayne on Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:28 pm

lol! lol! lol! 
    Ray wrote:Noel, despite Marco's DOUBTS re your modelling abilities or LACK of them Sad you managed a Pair of VERY DECENT WINGS cheers

IMHO the Result after the 1st Round is...Noel : 2 Plane Wings Twisted Evil       Marco : 2 Chicken Wings Evil or Very Mad 

Bench: Bv 141 B, Ju 87 G-2, Macchi C.205, Arado Ar.234
    Stash: Ju87D-3, Bf 109 E-3, Bf109 F-4/trop, Bf 109 G-10, He219....

www.ScaleModelBench.com

Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni on Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:18 am

Enyone knows what is used for rigging 1/72 WW I aircraft?

A normal sewing thread leaves a lot of fine threads sticking out and looks untidy. Do I have to dip it on white glue?

David
    Silver
    Silver

Post  David on Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:48 am

have a look at other forum for more suggestions as they mention monofilament
    I prefer fuse wire but it has been some time

D

Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray on Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:42 am

Noel Petroni wrote:Enyone knows what is used for rigging 1/72 WW I aircraft?

A normal sewing thread leaves a lot of fine threads sticking out and looks untidy. Do I have to dip it on white glue?
    IMHO don't do it in the 1st place as if it was scaled down it would be invisible.... I'm sure your scientific brain combined with you modelling prowess would have conjured a right formula for this Twisted Evil 

Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni on Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:09 am

Ray wrote:

IMHO don't do it in the 1st place as if it was scaled down it would be invisible.... I'm sure your scientific brain combined with you modelling prowess would have conjured a right formula for this Twisted Evil 

Ray, I calculated the thickness of the thread I'm using with a teckometer and it happend that the scale is perfect for 1/72! Now, the problem is due to static quantum attraction. Somehow the tiny strands within the thread are forced out by static. Now if you take the static force and divided it by the quantum gravity force over the polarity values within the habitat area.... remember we are close to the equator so the polarity force will be somewhat less than Greenwich area...... anyway, if you divide the result would be pie minus 8. You see! It's all relevant!

Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray on Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:44 am

Noel Petroni wrote:
    Ray wrote:

Ray, I calculated the thickness of the thread I'm using with a teckometer and it happend that the scale is perfect for 1/72!  Now, the problem is due to static quantum attraction. Somehow the tiny strands within the thread are forced out by static.  Now if you take the static force and divided it by the quantum gravity force over the polarity values within the habitat area.... remember we are close to the equator so the polarity force will be somewhat less than Greenwich area...... anyway, if you divide the result would be pie minus 8. You see! It's all relevant!

lol! lol! lol! 

slingshot392
    Silver
    Silver

Post  slingshot392 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:39 pm

Starting to work my way through a bunch of these threads, for the most part, haven't been on modeling forums for quite some time. Great job on the SPAD, definitely not an easy one to rig! I've always loved these World War I aircraft since I was a kid.

One old-time car model trick from the 60s/early 70s when a lot used sewing thread for a spark plug wires was to run it over some beeswax, it helped seal the thread.

One item for rigging that is gaining in popularity is E-Z Line, it's very elastic, not sure where it originally was intended for, but model railroaders have been using it for a long time for power lines because they are easy to bump and that way the lines would just stretch instead of snapping off. Then the World War I modelers found them. It's been awhile since have been on Wingnut Wings website, but I think they were offering it for sale as well.

Current date/time is Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:10 am