SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
AdriaN
skyhigh
6 posters

stain on spray

jojjemannen
    jojjemannen
    Admin

stain on spray - Page 2 Empty Re: stain on spray

Post  jojjemannen Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:03 am

oh.. Uhm, its a Harder & Steenbeck Evolution Silverline Solo.

I ordered it from www.everythingairbrush.com

/Tiny
    Joseph
    Joseph
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Joseph Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:47 am

To remove the dried acrylic paint from the tip, I dip a small paint brush in cellulose thinner and clean the needle tip and the surrounding area and also spray some "spray away". Usually this process is enough but sometimes I will have to remove the needle, tip and regulator and clean them thoroughly.

For me one of the main advantages of the Pasche airbrush is that it has no O-Rings that come into contact with paint and also the ease of cleaning.

J

Post  Guest Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:09 am

Hi Joseph!

Yesterday I sprayed and tried to use cellulose thinner. The result wasn't grainy and I managed to get a very smooth result. Still I'm not happy with the colour. It's getting like "pannu tal-billiard".

Looking at it from different angles some parts are darker than other.

But I think that the colour is very dark blue. I'm using Insignia Blue

Once I also had this problem with white. Someone told me that it was due to very cold weather and suggested me to use retarder and I've solved the problem but it doesn't seems to work now.
    AdriaN
    AdriaN
    Gold
    Gold

Post  AdriaN Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:02 pm

RAF wrote:Hi Joseph!

Yesterday I sprayed and tried to use cellulose thinner. The result wasn't grainy and I managed to get a very smooth result. Still I'm not happy with the colour. It's getting like "pannu tal-billiard".

Looking at it from different angles some parts are darker than other.

But I think that the colour is very dark blue. I'm using Insignia Blue

Once I also had this problem with white. Someone told me that it was due to very cold weather and suggested me to use retarder and I've solved the problem but it doesn't seems to work now.

Insignia Blue? you mean Lufthansa Blue? i think your not mixing your paint enough. when you dont mix it enough... in the tin you get different shades!
    AdriaN
    AdriaN
    Gold
    Gold

Post  AdriaN Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:53 am

jojjemannen wrote:oh.. Uhm, its a Harder & Steenbeck Evolution Silverline Solo.

I ordered it from www.everythingairbrush.com

/Tiny

Ive heard of that. Curiosity, what made you choose the Silverline in particular, out of all their range?? price? function? Laughing Question Idea
    jojjemannen
    jojjemannen
    Admin

Post  jojjemannen Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:19 am

AdriaN wrote:

Ive heard of that. Curiosity, what made you choose the Silverline in particular, out of all their range?? price? function? Laughing Question Idea

I don't know, I thought I'd start somewhere. Smile
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

stain on spray - Page 2 Empty Cleaning paint....

Post  Dottore Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:26 pm

Spray-away is the name of the game guys...it removes all...dried or not...

Bit pricey but it works!

Dottore

Post  Guest Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:08 pm

Spray down, spray in, spray out, spray sideways Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Evil or Very Mad , nothing works best than dismantling the airbrush and cleaning the parts individually, at least it worked fine for me in these years. The only time I used a specialized cleaning agent was when I bought the airbrush, years ago now.
    in nannu pec
    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

stain on spray - Page 2 Empty spray spray spray

Post  in nannu pec Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:45 am

I totally agrere with Joseph.....keep the airbrush clean ...I for one keep the head minus the taflon seal and the mixture glass in a liitle glass container filled with cellulose thinner fo about a week after spraying...I clean it and put it back in place...that way it's always clean. Dottore Oliver once mentioned to me engine Carburettor spray cleaner...it's cheaper and very effective and have been using it ever since....
    IL PEC

Post  Guest Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:42 pm

I have a problem with my airbrush. Its spitting paint after sometime and ruins my paint job.

Post  Guest Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:39 am

RAF wrote:I have a problem with my airbrush. Its spitting paint after sometime and ruins my paint job.

Could be a bend needle tip or the head is damaged allowing build up of a paint droplet at the edge of the head which when big enough will be sent splattering on the paint area during spraying.
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

stain on spray - Page 2 Empty Paint droplets....

Post  Dottore Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:20 am

I get the paint droplet at the end of the crown after spraying sessions...most of the time on the lower edge (6 o'clock). I check out for it often while spraying....does that mean I have a damaged head? Could it be inevitable build-up of paint during long sessions?

Illuminate me master FJ :-)

Dottore

Post  Guest Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:57 pm

Dottore wrote:I get the paint droplet at the end of the crown after spraying sessions...most of the time on the lower edge (6 o'clock). I check out for it often while spraying....does that mean I have a damaged head? Could it be inevitable build-up of paint during long sessions?

Illuminate me master FJ :-)

Dottore

It does not happen to me when I have a new head(usually with a new needle) in place, even during long sessions. But since I am a little clumsy at times I do damage the head sometimes and then this process starts to happen and not only at 6 o'clock but even at noon.
    Now were have I left my head, I must have lost it somewhere Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad ok - found it, attached to my neck, but still not sure Question Question
    AdriaN
    AdriaN
    Gold
    Gold

Post  AdriaN Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:47 pm

Ive found that you get the droplet on the nozzle when you use alot of trigger. then when you let go of the trigger and start again.. the droplet buildup gets blown onto and splatters! the trick is when you start spraying again, just blow air, away from your model- to get rid of your blob, then contine spraying. when you use low trigger nothing happens..

Well thats what happens to me & what ive learnt..

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:24 pm