Battle Of Malta - SPIT NEXT!

    Share

    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 1226
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 54
    Location : Balzan - Malta

    Battle Of Malta - SPIT NEXT!

    Post  Noel Petroni on Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:28 pm



    I'm setting my mind to start the Gladiator. Now the kit come with a two-bladed prop..... Malta Glosters had a three-bladed prop... right?  What am I going to do??  Shocked   Can I get a three bladed prop from an aftermarket company? Or do I have to scratch it which will be a daunting task!!!??


    Last edited by Noel Petroni on Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:40 pm; edited 2 times in total

    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    Re: Battle Of Malta - SPIT NEXT!

    Post  skyhigh on Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:26 pm

    Noel Petroni wrote:

    I'm setting my mind to start the Gladiator. Now the kit come with a two-bladed prop..... Malta Glosters had a three-bladed prop... right?  What am I going to do??  Shocked   Can I get a three bladed prop from an aftermarket company? Or do I have to scratch it which will be a daunting task!!!??

    If you search you find one for sure .. aeroclub you'se to make metal props

    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 1226
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 54
    Location : Balzan - Malta

    Re: Battle Of Malta - SPIT NEXT!

    Post  Noel Petroni on Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:50 pm

    Marco... I found this on e-Bay.... do you think its good?

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390739138036&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    Re: Battle Of Malta - SPIT NEXT!

    Post  skyhigh on Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:52 pm

    Noel Petroni wrote:Marco... I found this on e-Bay.... do you think its good?

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390739138036&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

    yes should be .....yes thats the one

    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 1226
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 54
    Location : Balzan - Malta

    Re: Battle Of Malta - SPIT NEXT!

    Post  Noel Petroni on Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:17 pm

    Progress on the Gloster.  I found a spinner with 3 Blades in my Spitfire sprue.... I guess it's good and I'm using it for the Gloster  Rolling Eyes 

    Mobile Photo

    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 6102
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 53
    Location : Zurrieq MALTA

    Re: Battle Of Malta - SPIT NEXT!

    Post  Ray on Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:38 pm

    You're definitely on a roll that's for sure  cheers  cheers  cheers 

    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4047
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : St. Julian's

    Re: Battle Of Malta - SPIT NEXT!

    Post  bcauchi on Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:41 pm

    Superb work Noel

    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    Re: Battle Of Malta - SPIT NEXT!

    Post  skyhigh on Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:20 pm

    wings for ever....... Bravo Noel................. Very Happy Laughing cheers 

    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 1226
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 54
    Location : Balzan - Malta

    Re: Battle Of Malta - SPIT NEXT!

    Post  Noel Petroni on Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:58 pm

    I'm getting ready to start painting and I need HELP PLEASE!!!
    questions:

    1) Was the bottom underside half black and half gull grey? I don't think so ... so I'm painting all one colour if you agree.
    2) There are three colours... What were they please? A colour plate suggested Slate grey and Darker Slate Grey?

    Thanks

    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    Re: Battle Of Malta - SPIT NEXT!

    Post  skyhigh on Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:10 am

    Noel Petroni wrote:I'm getting ready to start painting and I need HELP PLEASE!!!
    questions:

    1) Was the bottom underside half black and half gull grey? I don't think so ... so I'm painting all one colour if you agree.
    2) There are three colours... What were they please? A colour plate suggested Slate grey and Darker Slate Grey?

    Thanks


    Some say half black and some none......






    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    Re: Battle Of Malta - SPIT NEXT!

    Post  skyhigh on Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:13 am


    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 1226
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 54
    Location : Balzan - Malta

    Re: Battle Of Malta - SPIT NEXT!

    Post  Noel Petroni on Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:13 am

    Very helpful, Marco.
    Thanks! I'll work on these.

    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    Re: Battle Of Malta - SPIT NEXT!

    Post  skyhigh on Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:24 pm

    better pic's Noel
    and this is interesting..

    http://surfcity.kund.dalnet.se/malta.htm








    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 1226
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 54
    Location : Balzan - Malta

    Re: Battle Of Malta - SPIT NEXT!

    Post  Noel Petroni on Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:08 pm

    Nice pics, Marco... Thanks!

    Marco... so there were Glosters with a two bladed prop! I can leave mine with a two bladed prop!

    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 1226
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 54
    Location : Balzan - Malta

    Re: Battle Of Malta - SPIT NEXT!

    Post  Noel Petroni on Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:09 pm

    I started this!............


    Can anyone suggest a Humbrol or Vallejo colour for interior please.

    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    Re: Battle Of Malta - SPIT NEXT!

    Post  skyhigh on Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:18 pm

    It's the same color you did for the MK1.......

    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 1226
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 54
    Location : Balzan - Malta

    Re: Battle Of Malta - SPIT NEXT!

    Post  Noel Petroni on Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:55 am

    skyhigh wrote:It's the same color you did for the MK1.......
    Yes, Marco....... and for the Gloster as well in this thread I suppose.

    But I stay mixing that and thought maybe if there is one directly from the bottle.

    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    Re: Battle Of Malta - SPIT NEXT!

    Post  skyhigh on Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:58 pm

    Noel Petroni wrote:
    skyhigh wrote:It's the same color you did for the MK1.......
    Yes, Marco....... and for the Gloster as well in this thread I suppose.

    But I stay mixing that and thought maybe if there is one directly from the bottle.

    Humbrol and modelmaster......

    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 1226
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 54
    Location : Balzan - Malta

    Re: Battle Of Malta - SPIT NEXT!

    Post  Noel Petroni on Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:14 am

    skyhigh wrote:
    Noel Petroni wrote:
    skyhigh wrote:It's the same color you did for the MK1.......
    Yes, Marco....... and for the Gloster as well in this thread I suppose.

    But I stay mixing that and thought maybe if there is one directly from the bottle.

    Humbrol and modelmaster......
    Mr... do you have a number?

    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 1226
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 54
    Location : Balzan - Malta

    Re: Battle Of Malta - SPIT NEXT!

    Post  Noel Petroni on Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:21 am

    Mobile photos... so not very good quality

    Anyway... Gloster is slowly progressing. I need to fill that gap on the cowling and prepare it for painting.




    Added some basic detail to the Spitfire




    Which model He111 came to Malta? Anyone knows which is the best 1/72 kit?

    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4047
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : St. Julian's

    Re: Battle Of Malta - SPIT NEXT!

    Post  bcauchi on Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:07 am

    Nice Gladiator, spit interior looking good too, well done and keep it up.

    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 6102
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 53
    Location : Zurrieq MALTA

    Re: Battle Of Malta - SPIT NEXT!

    Post  Ray on Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:44 am

    bcauchi wrote:Nice Gladiator, spit interior looking good too, well done and keep it up.

    Make it x2 PLEASE  cheers cheers cheers 

    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    Re: Battle Of Malta - SPIT NEXT!

    Post  skyhigh on Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:34 pm

    Noel Petroni wrote:
    skyhigh wrote:
    Noel Petroni wrote:
    skyhigh wrote:It's the same color you did for the MK1.......
    Yes, Marco....... and for the Gloster as well in this thread I suppose.

    But I stay mixing that and thought maybe if there is one directly from the bottle.

    Humbrol and modelmaster......
    Mr... do you have a number?

    Don't know exactly the numbers . may be JF can help you.. or check them out on there range with color name and num......... Very Happy 

    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    Re: Battle Of Malta - SPIT NEXT!

    Post  skyhigh on Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:57 pm

    Noel Petroni wrote:Mobile photos... so not very good quality

    Anyway... Gloster is slowly progressing. I need to fill that gap on the cowling and prepare it for painting.




    Added some basic detail to the Spitfire




    Which model He111 came to Malta? Anyone knows which is the best 1/72 kit?

    He111 H-6 Italeri do make one , and it's very good.. but you have to change the prop blades because He111 that came over Malta nearly  all were early H-6 with early blades...... cheers 






    Scirocco
    Bronze
    Bronze

    Posts : 219
    Join date : 2010-05-07
    Age : 48
    Location : Birzebbuga

    Re: Battle Of Malta - SPIT NEXT!

    Post  Scirocco on Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:36 pm

    For a 72nd scale He-111H-6 get the Revell kit which is an excellent Hasegawa mould, should be the best in 72nd scale there is.


      Current date/time is Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:38 pm