Yesterday was all about adding detail to the engine:DISCLAIMER
In the following images you will see some horrid flash on the exhaust stacks. I cleaned as much as I could off the sprue but given their small size I could not completely finish them off once they were off the sprue. So I glued them to the engine block and they will be sanded down once the glue is fully cured.
First off the Air compressor was slightly modified
Adding plumbing to the reduction gear area
Next the crank case cover. I first tried to add the bolts individually by cutting them from thin plastic strips but they ended up being too uneven. I then remembered a trick Brian had explained to me last Wednesday...
I cut an aluminium strip to size and using a rivet punch I added small impressions to the sheet (without actually punching through). Here's the end result
Voila.. raised rivets/bolts... Thanks Brian for this TOP TIP
I also retro-fitted some more wiring to the engine.
Bench: Bv 141 B, Ju 87 G-2, Macchi C.205, Arado Ar.234
Stash: Ju87D-3, Bf 109 E-3, Bf109 F-4/trop, Bf 109 G-10, He219....www.ScaleModelBench.com