SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
in nannu pec
Tancred
Ray
7 posters

Falkar Wandering Axe........Andrea 54mm

Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Falkar Wandering Axe........Andrea 54mm Empty Falkar Wandering Axe........Andrea 54mm

Post  Ray Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:52 am

Hi to all.......

For the benefit of those who haven't been a while to club, and for the benefit of our Gozitan brethren, this is Andrea's 54mm Falkar......

Its my first ever fantasy figure, and have to admit that I ENJOYED every bit of the construction and painting........construction was a breeze with very good fit of parts. The only modification to the original kit is the large axe strapped to his blanket roll (hope its a blanket ) instead of the two lances supplied with the kit.......they were a bit twisted and contained some flash, so the idea of a BIG axe occured instead of trying to clean those lances........its a modified 75mm medieval axe actually and a 54mm mace/hammer on its back, with a copper rod handle and lead sheet "leather" straps........

The terrain is cork bark with MS sheet of ice on top, the snow on the finished base is seived micro ballons thru a small tea strainer.........

Warm Regards to all.........

Ray What a Face
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Falkar Wandering Axe........Andrea 54mm Empty Re: Falkar Wandering Axe........Andrea 54mm

Post  Ray Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:29 am

Falkar Wandering Axe........Andrea 54mm Pictur26
    Falkar Wandering Axe........Andrea 54mm Pictur28
    Falkar Wandering Axe........Andrea 54mm Pictur29
    Falkar Wandering Axe........Andrea 54mm Pictur31
    Falkar Wandering Axe........Andrea 54mm Pictur32
    Falkar Wandering Axe........Andrea 54mm Pictur33
    Falkar Wandering Axe........Andrea 54mm Pictur34
    Falkar Wandering Axe........Andrea 54mm Pictur35
    Falkar Wandering Axe........Andrea 54mm Pictur36
    Falkar Wandering Axe........Andrea 54mm Pictur37
    Falkar Wandering Axe........Andrea 54mm Pictur38
    Tancred
    Tancred
    Admin

Falkar Wandering Axe........Andrea 54mm Empty Re: Falkar Wandering Axe........Andrea 54mm

Post  Tancred Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:06 pm

Superb work Ray, a very attractive figure! Keeps you looking at all the details . The effect on the gem (or whatever it is) on the shield is fantastic, looks transparent.

And by the way the photos are excellent, need to share with us how one day.

Prosit tassew

Tancred
    in nannu pec
    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Falkar Wandering Axe........Andrea 54mm Empty prosit Ray

Post  in nannu pec Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:22 pm

Fantasy is not my cup of tea...but the model looks brillant....prosit...
    Louis
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  alexbb Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:34 pm

ray
    you know how i feel about this figure,
    now my sons comments
    IL QAHBA KEMM HU SABIH
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:01 pm

http://www.planetfigure.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29761&page=6

TanKRed follow the link above on planetfigure, where Ernesto Reyes shows his simple lighting rig.........I changed my lighting rig to look like Ernesto's (what a painter he is eh) and I could see improvement asa I shot the first pic of Falkar.......Ironically today I'm swearing because am trying to shoot the Hospitaller's face and its a total flop Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad but I think I messed some setting on the camera What a Face

Lou and Alex thanks for looking and your kind words, and Ian, you really cracked me up with laughter re your spontaneous comment Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ray affraid
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:53 am

Wow man, that is one nice figure and a mean mother**!! i love it and especially the way yo integrated it into the base which really suits it pose. GRREAT!!
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:15 pm

Thanks for looking Brian, much appreciated..........

Yes its a nice figure and I really enjoyed my first Fantasy as you can see bounce

Keep safe.........

Ray affraid
    William
    William
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  William Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:45 am

Nice uncle Very Happy

Not bad for a beginner Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Shocked Suspect

Just joking. clown

William alien
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:13 pm

Hahahah smajtu iz zghir xqallek, sabih Ray jien ghaljia kollha sbih (pero xorta ha nipqa najdlek tradidur ghax kieku sa llum dawn ara xi scala wasalt f l ajruplani ...niccajta ...sbih Ray sbih ipqaw sejrin hekk u ha jkun wiehed mil lisbah forum tal mudelli ....... cheers

Post  Guest Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:53 pm

skyhigh wrote:Hahahah smajtu iz zghir xqallek, sabih Ray jien ghaljia kollha sbih (pero xorta ha nipqa najdlek tradidur ghax kieku sa llum dawn ara xi scala wasalt f l ajruplani ...niccajta ...sbih Ray sbih ipqaw sejrin hekk u ha jkun wiehed mil lisbah forum tal mudelli ....... cheers

Isma skyhigh, x'ghandek kontra l-pupi? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:29 pm

FJ wrote:
    skyhigh wrote:Hahahah smajtu iz zghir xqallek, sabih Ray jien ghaljia kollha sbih (pero xorta ha nipqa najdlek tradidur ghax kieku sa llum dawn ara xi scala wasalt f l ajruplani ...niccajta ...sbih Ray sbih ipqaw sejrin hekk u ha jkun wiehed mil lisbah forum tal mudelli ....... cheers

Isma skyhigh, x'ghandek kontra l-pupi? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

FJ, Marco m'ghandu xejn kontra l-pupi per se Twisted Evil li ghandu biss, ma hafirli qatt li ttradejt l-ajruplani Sad

Ray affraid

Post  Guest Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:31 pm

I saw this at the club the first time I visited... I was simply amazed by the detailing on such a small piece... I thought the ice on the base was godly. Very impressive and inspirational work Ray!
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:47 pm

Yanov wrote:I saw this at the club the first time I visited... I was simply amazed by the detailing on such a small piece... I thought the ice on the base was godly. Very impressive and inspirational work Ray!

Thanks for your overly praise Yanov Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:12 am