SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Ray
skyhigh
Joseph
jesmondc
8 posters

I am back (from the dead)

jesmondc
    jesmondc

I am back (from the dead) Empty I am back (from the dead)

Post  jesmondc Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:01 pm

Many of the old members know me well.
    I am Jesmond Chetcuti and I was a member of SSM for many years (I still consider myself one,in hybernation maybe) ,I am realy happy that the club created this forum,apart from keeping the locals in touch ,it makes the club truly global.
    At the moment I am living in Scotland ,next year will be my 5 th year here,and one of the few things that I miss is the hobby.All my books,models etc are still in Malta and when I come over to see my family I dont have the chance to do anything (modelling wise),but still spend some time in my `office` looking at kits still in the boxes and reading some of the books.
    I read with interest Ray`s thread regarding the IPMS of 2013 and who knows maybe I try to do an effort and meet with the contingent down there.
    A big caw to the likes of Marco,Ray and his brothers ,Louis,Anton ,Aldo,Alex,Brian ,Ivan and the rest.
    Viva Malta and good luck everyone.
    Joseph
    Joseph
    Silver
    Silver

I am back (from the dead) Empty Re: I am back (from the dead)

Post  Joseph Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:17 pm

Welcome home Jesmond, as soon as I saw the name I tought it was you, how is life, keep us posted, visit and post on all threads Smile.
    A lot of new members have joined SSM and others left, you are one of the old boys. When you are in Malta come and visit us.

Joseph
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:18 pm

Hello Jesmond , long time no see how are you my friend , how did you find us did any body told you or you were searching on the net . this is really nice to have you with us we are still going great with our club with our forum and of course our old family of SSM .

When you have the time get in touch with us via forum we will be glad to hear from you I wish you luck with your work ....... cheers
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:27 pm

WELCOME home Jesmond!!! I think the last time I saw you, was at the Airport Sad

So glad you found us mate and as everyone told you please do come and visit us when you're in Malta and let's hope you can travel down the Island for IPMS 2013!!

Club is doing GREAT at the moment just like the hobby in general all over the World........Enthusiasm galore every Wednesday & on this forum, all leading to our annual Expos and all the Expos we visit abroad. We've also got a twin Club in Gozo and they're a bunch of enthusiastic modellers as well....so proud to have them, a part of SSM!!! Also quite a few "new" modellers have joined.......infact I think more have joined compared to the ones who stopped modelling!!!

Keep safe "Old" SSM Brother, hope you can still speak English after 5years with the Highlanders.....magical country Scotland.....love it and the people Twisted Evil

Ray affraid
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:32 am

Great to hear from you Jesmond. We hope to see you again at the club next time you visit. Thanks to the forum, you can start talking to us again. I hope that this also tempts you to go out and buy a kit and build it maybe you can get into the hobby again. I am sure you are more equipped than us in good old bonnie Scotland.
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:48 am

Great to see you are still around Jes!

Your a highlander now ... as already stated by the others, when in Malta and you happen to have a Wednesday free come over to our club and if you happen to make an Easter Holiday just come over to the Malta Aviation Museum, you'll find the merry clan awaiting you!

Another good thing about this forum, we found another missed brother cheers

Keep in touch ...

Ivan
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  alexbb Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:46 pm

JESMOND
    FLAHHAR DHALT
    WELCOME BACK TO THE FOLD
    jesmondc
    jesmondc

Post  jesmondc Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:56 pm

What a Welcome!!! never in a million years I expected it,many thanks from the bottom of my heart.
    Even though I had to stop (for the time being) building,my heart is still in it,so every now and then I pay a visit to the club website.Then recently I noticed this forum was in place and I registered.Recently I bought a house over here and one of the first things in my mind was which room is going to be the one full of paint and smells of adhesive Very Happy .Over here in Scotland they have their so called `Nationals` usually they are held in April in Perth,last year I met Ray,Many of you guys know him.He is a photographer and I think that he used to the club too.As probably he told you,the standard up here is low.There arent many equipped shops in the region,so I guess I still have to buy the stuff from down South.
    any way it was a pleasure getting in touch with you guys and I make it a point that when I am over in Malta I pay a visit.
    Cheers. drunken
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  alexbb Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:30 pm

jes i guess you are talking of ray barbara give him my regards if so as for model shops in scotland id guess you have to go to glasgow il try and give you some good e-shops nearby
    take care and keep in touch

Last edited by alex on Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:25 pm

jesmondc wrote:What a Welcome!!! never in a million years I expected it,many thanks from the bottom of my heart.
    Even though I had to stop (for the time being) building,my heart is still in it,so every now and then I pay a visit to the club website.Then recently I noticed this forum was in place and I registered.Recently I bought a house over here and one of the first things in my mind was which room is going to be the one full of paint and smells of adhesive Very Happy .Over here in Scotland they have their so called `Nationals` usually they are held in April in Perth,last year I met Ray,Many of you guys know him.He is a photographer and I think that he used to the club too.As probably he told you,the standard up here is low.There arent many equipped shops in the region,so I guess I still have to buy the stuff from down South.
    any way it was a pleasure getting in touch with you guys and I make it a point that when I am over in Malta I pay a visit.
    Cheers. drunken

Jes, if he's Barbara that guy you met, he's Maltese and his name is David and yes he's a great fella & been to club quite a few times and to our homes as well........

As to the standard of modellers, well we happen to know a few who are into figurines and they rank amongst the best in the World.....namely Brian Snaddon and David Mitchell.......

Weldone re setting up your modelling room in your new house cheers

Keep safe mate.......

Ray affraid

As for the quality of modellers
    jesmondc
    jesmondc

Post  jesmondc Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:42 pm

Ray wrote:
    jesmondc wrote:What a Welcome!!! never in a million years I expected it,many thanks from the bottom of my heart.
    Cheers. drunken

Jes, if he's Barbara that guy you met, he's Maltese and his name is David and yes he's a great fella & been to club quite a few times and to our homes as well........

As to the standard of modellers, well we happen to know a few who are into figurines and they rank amongst the best in the World.....namely Brian Snaddon and David Mitchell.......

Weldone re setting up your modelling room in your new house cheers

Keep safe mate.......

Ray affraid

As for the quality of modellers

To be honest I was nt reffering to the figurines sector,you know my sector is aircraft,and what was on show wasnt impressing at all.
    This is their website http://www.scotnats.org.uk/ even from here you get the idea.
    in nannu pec
    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

I am back (from the dead) Empty Hi Jesmond

Post  in nannu pec Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:11 pm

Hi jesmond...just saw your introduction....good to hear from u mate.....and very glad your'e doing well in bonnie Scotland....keep in touch mon....
    Louis
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:23 pm

Jesmond, if you see David Barbara, please give him my very best regards. That guy and his clubmates are such a great bunch. When i went up to the IPMS Nationals by meself way back in 1997, they took care of me like i was one of them. they drove me to the hotel and back every day, i went out to eat with them and they even gave me a lift to the train station. Three cheers for Bonnie Scotland!! Wow what memories i still have photos at their stand, sorry our stand since i was part of the group. I felt very scottish for two days. All i needed was a kilt!
    jesmondc
    jesmondc

Post  jesmondc Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:46 pm

Brian ,as you can imagine Scotland is not like Malta,even though David lives not more than 20 minutes away from me I havent met him again after the Scottish Nationals.He invited it me to join their clan,it seems they meet once a month,but it is a bit hard for me.I leave home at 6 o clock in the morning and back home at 6 in the evening and ,especially in the winter,if its cold and rainy,I am not in the mood to go out again and maybe back late at night.I hope that I will meet him again at next year`s Scottish Nationals in April.
    How are thing Louis?yes I am back,ok maybe virtualy but as a modeller I am back.Now I am looking forward to start scribing panel lines again Very Happy .
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:54 pm

Jes how are you mate?

You've been quite for a while Sad

Anyway, hope that when you log on, you can spot the dates for the Christmas activities and can attend.........would be great to see you again SSM Brother!

Ray affraid
    jesmondc
    jesmondc

Post  jesmondc Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:44 am

Ray wrote:Jes how are you mate?

You've been quite for a while Sad

Anyway, hope that when you log on, you can spot the dates for the Christmas activities and can attend.........would be great to see you again SSM Brother!

Ray affraid

I am here every day Ray,maybe I dont post but I read all the posts,so to keep in touch.As soon as you have anything organised I will know.I will be in Malta between the 18th of December and the 4th of January,so plenty of time.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:16 am