Romeo Models New Releases November

    Share

    Samwel18
    Silver
    Silver

    Posts : 369
    Join date : 2009-08-07
    Age : 25
    Location : Paola, Malta

    Romeo Models New Releases November

    Post  Samwel18 on Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:48 pm

    Maurizio Bruno and Danilo Cartacci have done it again Smile

    75mm from Romeo Models...

    Peyk







    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 6102
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 53
    Location : Zurrieq MALTA

    Re: Romeo Models New Releases November

    Post  Ray on Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:09 pm

    Out of this World as always Suspect

    What a tandem cheers

    Hope you and Doc are always looking at these two to emulate or outdo them ONE DAY cheers

    Joking apart, hope Ivan would chi,e ina nd give us his expert review vis a vis if this dude could have been/may be set in Malta or not pirat

    Ray affraid

    Samwel18
    Silver
    Silver

    Posts : 369
    Join date : 2009-08-07
    Age : 25
    Location : Paola, Malta

    Re: Romeo Models New Releases November

    Post  Samwel18 on Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:16 pm

    Ray wrote:Out of this World as always Suspect

    What a tandem cheers

    Hope you and Doc are always looking at these two to emulate or outdo them ONE DAY cheers

    Joking apart, hope Ivan would chi,e ina nd give us his expert review vis a vis if this dude could have been/may be set in Malta or not pirat

    Ray affraid

    When i paint I always aim for a gold..that's how you level your skill SmileSmile

    Ray outdo them....not at this moment lool maybe when they are extinct from modelling =}

    IVAN fejn qijeddddddd???? lool

    Sam =]

    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 3172
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 42
    Location : Marsascala, Malta

    Re: Romeo Models New Releases November

    Post  iCocker on Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:50 am

    Beautiful

    Though I am lacking my referances from the office, I can alreday pin point that this was an elite Palace Guarde [do not now the name by heart sorry], the first thing that makes it noticable is the cream/yellow leather shoes and also the copper/brass helmet [not sure if golden gilded as well] he is wearing. He is not a Janissary as many might be thinking. Probably a bit later than the 1565 period.

    As these were normally a corp with the role of bodyguarding the Ottoman King, probbaly they never made it to our shores but were in Vienna etc, as in Malta he only send his nephew and trusted generals. BUT with some minor surgery can easily be updated to a janissary, though not a simple operation and would like to research more as I guess some form of elite bodyguards these topbrass surely had in Malta.

    In sicily I would like to give Maurizio some info about our Siege hopefully he woiuld come with something interested and by the way he was very interested to come over Malta ...

    Ivan

    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4063
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : St. Julian's

    Re: Romeo Models New Releases November

    Post  bcauchi on Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:00 pm

    What a beautiful piece of art. That is simply amazing. I would love to see one painted by one of you at the club. what a treat!!

    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 6102
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 53
    Location : Zurrieq MALTA

    Re: Romeo Models New Releases November

    Post  Ray on Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:16 pm

    iCocker wrote:Beautiful

    Though I am lacking my referances from the office, I can alreday pin point that this was an elite Palace Guarde [do not now the name by heart sorry], the first thing that makes it noticable is the cream/yellow leather shoes and also the copper/brass helmet [not sure if golden gilded as well] he is wearing. He is not a Janissary as many might be thinking. Probably a bit later than the 1565 period.

    As these were normally a corp with the role of bodyguarding the Ottoman King, probbaly they never made it to our shores but were in Vienna etc, as in Malta he only send his nephew and trusted generals. BUT with some minor surgery can easily be updated to a janissary, though not a simple operation and would like to research more as I guess some form of elite bodyguards these topbrass surely had in Malta.

    In sicily I would like to give Maurizio some info about our Siege hopefully he woiuld come with something interested and by the way he was very interested to come over Malta ...

    Ivan

    For the time being I'll let this one pass by then.......as for a Janissary I would stick with the Poste Militaire's offering courtesy of Julian Hullis.........

    Yes that would be interesting to get Maurizio moving in producing a Maltese subject Vanni and also to get him over to our shores cheers

    Ray affraid

    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 3172
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 42
    Location : Marsascala, Malta

    Re: Romeo Models New Releases November

    Post  iCocker on Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:31 pm

    Some historical fact on this figure, it is a Peyk, a messenger of the Sultan. Probably a kind of ADC, his typical attire was very rich and headress and weaponry were gold gilded, marking hi as a Peyk. These guys were the personal messengers of the Sultan.

    Duringr the Siege of Malta, probably one these went to Tripoli to instruct Dragut to give a helping hand but till date nothing came to light of messengers coming over to Malta from Costantinapoli during the Siege. What we know till date was that from Malta messengers were sent to the Sultan with the news that St Elmo had fallen and probably the death of Dragut. No clue yet if these messengers were part of the entourage of officers and high ranking topbrass in the Ottoman army.

    Makes me wonder that how much was written about the 1565 Siege and yet we still do not know enough of it ...

    Ivan

    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 6102
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 53
    Location : Zurrieq MALTA

    Re: Romeo Models New Releases November

    Post  Ray on Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:41 pm

    iCocker wrote:Some historical fact on this figure, it is a Peyk, a messenger of the Sultan. Probably a kind of ADC, his typical attire was very rich and headress and weaponry were gold gilded, marking hi as a Peyk. These guys were the personal messengers of the Sultan.

    Duringr the Siege of Malta, probably one these went to Tripoli to instruct Dragut to give a helping hand but till date nothing came to light of messengers coming over to Malta from Costantinapoli during the Siege. What we know till date was that from Malta messengers were sent to the Sultan with the news that St Elmo had fallen and probably the death of Dragut. No clue yet if these messengers were part of the entourage of officers and high ranking topbrass in the Ottoman army.

    Makes me wonder that how much was written about the 1565 Siege and yet we still do not know enough of it ...

    Ivan

    Never enough I think so that the Turks will not dare say that it never happened Evil or Very Mad

    Which brings me to sadly remember that the same Europe that we saved or helped to save in 1565, has ruled out that the Cross should be abolished. But how dare they decide for me, all in the name of liberty of expression????

    I have nothing against the above "enemy" (anzi I have the greatest respect) as they were a formidable force and fought for what they believd in, a great culture in their own right and which/who definitely left their mark on every aspect of society, but to be betrayed by your own Europe, the Great Europe which was/is the light like Rome was the light in its heyday is too much of a wound!!!

    Anyway ha nkompli pale

    Ray affraid

      Current date/time is Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:23 pm