SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
David
jojjemannen
Luke
in nannu pec
William
Dottore
alexbb
Joseph
olivermifsud
Tancred
RayCaruana
bcauchi
iCocker
Samwel18
18 posters

Joint dioramas

Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Joint dioramas - Page 7 Empty Re: Joint dioramas

Post  Ray Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:08 pm

skyhigh wrote:Heheehee xi pjacir gerfixtu heheheheh xi pjacir Razz Razz

IL mudel ta brian ghalkem fuq il box art jajd li hu MkIIc ,mu xejn hlif il MKI fil verita ..imma nistaw nghamlu minnu MKI b trop filter li fih il kit tajjeb issa cheers lol! lol! lol!

Marco ghal li jista jkun dak il-kit ta' Brian kien tieghek, imbghad ta' Joseph lol! ?

Ray affraid
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:13 pm

Hmm both AFVs might be too much, probably both vehicles would split the aircraft in two! Regarding a karatten I think it is of no use in a muddy field but a mule would make the part. From what we got from the diary seems that most of the time aircraft were pulled manual labour - just ropes and muscle power, surely a big hack of a job and probably I guess some 'barklori mix-xatt' might have answered the call ... so I think a struggle between an AFV and Maltese man power pulling with a rope would add more drama, and we have already those groups of figures cleaning the tank barrels with some conversions would do the part of a gang pulling a rope ... giving an idea of a 'tag of war' between an AFV and man power ... x'tigri l-imaginazzjoni!

Ivan
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:41 pm

Le Ray dak il kit milux li hareg hafna , jien qat ma kelli bhalu,li kont bghed lil joseph hu dak li ghandu nofsu lest... cheers
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:06 pm

Joseph jekk tikteb lil MDC prod.. ghal dawk id detail sets tal Hurricane taf jaqdik ,ghax jien meta kellimtu lil propretarju Telford kien qali ibtali xi trid u nikastjalek ghanki ghal item wahda.. : Idea cheers
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:21 pm

skyhigh wrote:Le Ray dak il kit milux li hareg hafna , jien qat ma kelli bhalu,li kont bghed lil joseph hu dak li ghandu nofsu lest... cheers

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! tajba x'nidhak hawn ix-xoghol qed jahsbuni MIGNUN cheers

Ray affraid
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:28 pm

iCocker wrote:Hmm both AFVs might be too much, probably both vehicles would split the aircraft in two! Regarding a karatten I think it is of no use in a muddy field but a mule would make the part. From what we got from the diary seems that most of the time aircraft were pulled manual labour - just ropes and muscle power, surely a big hack of a job and probably I guess some 'barklori mix-xatt' might have answered the call ... so I think a struggle between an AFV and Maltese man power pulling with a rope would add more drama, and we have already those groups of figures cleaning the tank barrels with some conversions would do the part of a gang pulling a rope ... giving an idea of a 'tag of war' between an AFV and man power ... x'tigri l-imaginazzjoni!

Ivan

Ivan, I also think that an Airfield had the luxury of only one AFV, being it a Bren Carrier or the Matilda so depicting both on the same task would not be correct IMHO.

The karettun obviously would be of no use......I was referring to the Malteses contractor JIZZATTAT BIEX JUZHA Z-ZIEMEL & arguing with the RAF guys, with the Hurricane or Spit Pilot in a PANICK MODE seeing all the hussle and bussle around his precious mount being used in a "Tug of War" cheers What a Face

Ray affraid
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:31 pm

lol! lol! lol!
    William
    William
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  William Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:44 pm

This is going to be a whole confusion or a huge dio if you continue adding, just imagine: Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

At least:

2 RAF groundcrew 1/35
    2 Maltese 1/35
    1 RAF pilot 1/35
    +
    1 Hurricane 1/32
    1 Bren carrier or Matilda 1/35
    +
    blast pen

Wil alien
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:16 pm

Will no need of a blast pen but just a Hurricane, an AFV, one pilot and a good number of helping hands and not to forget the supervisor doing nothing bhal haddiema tal-Gvern!

Vanni

Post  Guest Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:19 pm

Ray wrote:
    iCocker wrote:Hmm both AFVs might be too much, probably both vehicles would split the aircraft in two! Regarding a karatten I think it is of no use in a muddy field but a mule would make the part. From what we got from the diary seems that most of the time aircraft were pulled manual labour - just ropes and muscle power, surely a big hack of a job and probably I guess some 'barklori mix-xatt' might have answered the call ... so I think a struggle between an AFV and Maltese man power pulling with a rope would add more drama, and we have already those groups of figures cleaning the tank barrels with some conversions would do the part of a gang pulling a rope ... giving an idea of a 'tag of war' between an AFV and man power ... x'tigri l-imaginazzjoni!

Ivan

Ivan, I also think that an Airfield had the luxury of only one AFV, being it a Bren Carrier or the Matilda so depicting both on the same task would not be correct IMHO.

The karettun obviously would be of no use......I was referring to the Malteses contractor JIZZATTAT BIEX JUZHA Z-ZIEMEL & arguing with the RAF guys, with the Hurricane or Spit Pilot in a PANICK MODE seeing all the hussle and bussle around his precious mount being used in a "Tug of War" cheers What a Face

Ray affraid

you mean pilots not pilot Rolling Eyes cause over here it was 1 plane with many pilots Cool

Post  Guest Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:23 pm

iCocker wrote:Will no need of a blast pen but just a Hurricane, an AFV, one pilot and a good number of helping hands and not to forget the supervisor doing nothing bhal haddiema tal-Gvern!

Vanni

I know that I may sound that I am giving more work or intruding, but I would include a blast pen or at least part of it, especially given the fact that there were quite a number. Just a humble opinion, what about trying to move the aircraft out of the pen where it got stuck.
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:44 pm

J.Fenech wrote:
    iCocker wrote:Will no need of a blast pen but just a Hurricane, an AFV, one pilot and a good number of helping hands and not to forget the supervisor doing nothing bhal haddiema tal-Gvern!

Vanni

I know that I may sound that I am giving more work or intruding, but I would include a blast pen or at least part of it, especially given the fact that there were quite a number. Just a humble opinion, what about trying to move the aircraft out of the pen where it got stuck.

Just what me & Joseph discussed yesterday FJ re blast pen, hence William's statement cheers

Ejja Ivan it would look terrific and the fact that it got stuck in the pen, then there is no other means of a way out except FORWARD bounce

Ray affraid
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:56 pm

According to diary the problem of holes resulted more on the aircraft taxing the runway ... creating a pen means a damn huge diorama and the overall impact of the struggle would be lost IMO, apart that we end with a huge square thing and walls with a cross in the middle ... balancing is very problematic! Apart if the plane was bogged on its way out of the pen , the only way to solve the ground issue would have been to push the plane back and fix the hole, so what is the use of an AFV?

I would rather leave the main features on the key elements the plane and the tug o war with man and AFV on the elements, a muddy and bogged runway ... u l-HOFRA, apart we are more historical accurate to the accounts like this ... remember guys we do not need to enlarge to make things look better, less is far better in dioramas!

Ivan
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:17 pm

iCocker wrote:According to diary the problem of holes resulted more on the aircraft taxing the runway ... creating a pen means a damn huge diorama and the overall impact of the struggle would be lost IMO, apart that we end with a huge square thing and walls with a cross in the middle ... balancing is very problematic! Apart if the plane was bogged on its way out of the pen , the only way to solve the ground issue would have been to push the plane back and fix the hole, so what is the use of an AFV?

I would rather leave the main features on the key elements the plane and the tug o war with man and AFV on the elements, a muddy and bogged runway ... u l-HOFRA, apart we are more historical accurate to the accounts like this ... remember guys we do not need to enlarge to make things look better, less is far better in dioramas!

Ivan

Maestro hats off to you Twisted Evil

You are right, I shall stick with painting the figures from now on Twisted Evil

Joking apart, the set up will definitely be in your able hands mate!!!!

Ray affraid
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:18 am

Isma guys i have to check out my hurri. I doubt that it is a tropical version, it is the Smithsonian Edition, it was sent to me from my friend in the US. I don;t think it is tropical. Will check it out later at home and get back to you.
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:57 am

Maestro I am not Ray, just being minimalist to have our story and subjects more straight to the point but apart this the diary specify what I stated, just narrating part of it ...

An aeroplane would be taxiing on our better pieces of track when it would drop a wheel straight through it althaugh it had appeared to be perfect.

Every day and every night planes were being bogged on leaving their dispersal points or on going back to them. It was an immense labour to clear these mishaps and to rebuild a taxi-track, and even in dispersal seven or eight bogged planes become a daily occurence. The few men we had could not work on the planes, mend the roads and in the same time pull tons of planes at the end of a bit of a rope like the Volga boatmen. There were no tractors. Thus hundreds of man -hours were being lost in manual labour just when our aircraft required most attention.

The airmen were miserable. Skilled work which awaiting their attention had to be sacrificed to needs of manual labour moving the aircraft. There were insuffiecient gum boots and men would stand and work ankle deep in mud and water.

H.P Lloyd Malta at War Vol4 Pg 1208

It looks that the emergency was clear apart to get rid of the number of aircarft being bogged and also to clear and mend the makeshift taxiway and runway ...

Ivan
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:04 pm

Ivan, you are a "dio set up/story telling" Maestro IMHO & was not pulling your leg or anything really!!!

Ray affraid
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:24 pm

Ray wrote:Ivan, you are a "dio set up/story telling" Maestro IMHO & was not pulling your leg or anything really!!!

Ray affraid

Thanks mate for the compliment, you made me blush ...

And you are the Golden Boy for paintwork especially for any skintone combination being oils and acrylics Laughing

Vanni
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:28 pm

Here is the famous photo of the Matilda pulling a crashed Bristol Beaufort :cJoint dioramas - Page 7 Bkl20010heers:

Post  Guest Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:40 pm

iCocker wrote:Maestro I am not Ray, just being minimalist to have our story and subjects more straight to the point but apart this the diary specify what I stated, just narrating part of it ...

An aeroplane would be taxiing on our better pieces of track when it would drop a wheel straight through it althaugh it had appeared to be perfect.

Every day and every night planes were being bogged on leaving their dispersal points or on going back to them. It was an immense labour to clear these mishaps and to rebuild a taxi-track, and even in dispersal seven or eight bogged planes become a daily occurence. The few men we had could not work on the planes, mend the roads and in the same time pull tons of planes at the end of a bit of a rope like the Volga boatmen. There were no tractors. Thus hundreds of man -hours were being lost in manual labour just when our aircraft required most attention.

The airmen were miserable. Skilled work which awaiting their attention had to be sacrificed to needs of manual labour moving the aircraft. There were insuffiecient gum boots and men would stand and work ankle deep in mud and water.

H.P Lloyd Malta at War Vol4 Pg 1208

It looks that the emergency was clear apart to get rid of the number of aircarft being bogged and also to clear and mend the makeshift taxiway and runway ...

Ivan

The aviation musuem got a 1:1 hurricane, i think it makes sense to ask them from were the hurricane could be towed, pulled or pushed.
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:22 pm

Prosit Marco, that famous photo answered another question, we know that there were 4 Matildas all had names, Griffon is the most famous as the most photographed but notice that name was on one side only and look again that it looks another irregular camo too similar to Griffon.
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:44 am

Il-hurricane tieghi ghandu tropical filter ukoll, il-bierah iccekkjajt. Huwa apparti immma inkluz fil-kit.
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:47 am

That's good news Brian... cheers
    Joseph
    Joseph
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Joseph Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:58 am

Bomba, Thanks Brian.

Ejja ha nibda dan il famuz Hurricane Smile Smile

Marco, check this site www.greymatterfigures.com, these are the suppliers of the Warbirds series. What do you suggest for up-grading the Revell kit?

J
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:30 am

That is GOOD news!

Joseph not sure if I mange this evening, but if you have a spare mock up of a Hurricane, especially the fusalage and just the wings + at least the height of undercarriage, I would like to lend it to me especially after we solve the balancing and set up of the dio ... It would help me to convert the figures especially if we plan to have some leaning on or pushing the beast ...

If not seeing you guys ALL THE BEST FOR CHRISTMAS!

Ivan

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:58 pm