Conversion - 30 years war

Re: Conversion - 30 years war

Post  Guest on Fri May 14, 2010 9:16 am

Thanks very much guys

This was indeed finished for the MFCA, but unfortunately, it seemed to have sustained some damage during the judging process, the hat has been split from front to back, so after some consideration I have been left with two choices, a. to completely resculpt the hat and the hair (not totally happy with the hair). b. repair and move onto another piece (less stress in my mind)

Joys of modelling.

Dave

Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray on Fri May 14, 2010 1:47 pm

Hi matey how are you?

That is too bad re what happened at MFCA Sad

Judging from the pics, I really don't know how the previous 4 face painting attempts looked like,but if they looked half as good as this one, you should have stuck to them.....amazing finish to the face IMHO and that goes to the rest of the bust.

If it was me, I would repair whatever (surely less time consuming) and repaint that area.....just my 2c Cool

Keep safe and don't be a stranger here, we all love to see our forum adorned by your beauties Smile

iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker on Fri May 14, 2010 3:11 pm

I agree with Ray, Dave ... it's surely would be a lose to many not seeing this peice again!

So how was your venture in the states?

Iv

Post  Guest on Thu May 27, 2010 12:05 am

Hi Ivan

It was a good show and worth going for the figures that were there, some that will never be seen by anybody else except those that went, great company especially chatting to Shep Paine in the Bar for a couple of hours.......

very glad I went and hope to go again next year......

Dave

Current date/time is Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:29 pm