SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
matilda
clioguy
Cyril.
skyhigh
Gordon
jojjemannen
in nannu pec
William
Luke
Noel Petroni
bcauchi
iCocker
alexbb
Ray
Joseph
Dottore
Alex Kontiveis
21 posters

1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE!

Alex Kontiveis
    Alex Kontiveis
    Silver
    Silver

1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 3 Empty Re: 1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE!

Post  Alex Kontiveis Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:10 am

iCocker wrote:Magnificent Alex!

Your a master modeller and scratchbuilder!

Love the toilet detail Shocked it looks like the current situation in all EU! Laughing

Ivan

OH Yes...!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

TNX Ivan!
    Alex Kontiveis
    Alex Kontiveis
    Silver
    Silver

1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 3 Empty Re: 1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE!

Post  Alex Kontiveis Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:11 am

IN NANNU PEC wrote:My dear feelos....I am absolutely speechless.....awesome work throughout Alex.....what a pity we cannot see it here ...what can I say scratch scratch scratch
    scratch
    There' so much detail......well done Alex...u r a fantastic modeller in your own right man !! king king king king
    Keep them coming buddy
    In nannu pec What a Face

Not more than Kuznetsov's detail...I had to see it front in my eyes to believe it!!!!

TNX my Habib! Feeling are mutual!
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:47 am

I have to see this at home Alex, out of bounds at the office.
    jojjemannen
    jojjemannen
    Admin

Post  jojjemannen Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:24 am

I knew that the Greek's were abit.. crazy. But your work bring it over the top!
    The toilet roll, let me guess. It's proper paper on that roll?!

I can only follow the other and concur.. Beautiful, detailing on the details.. Amazing, simply amazing!

/Tiny

affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid
    Alex Kontiveis
    Alex Kontiveis
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Alex Kontiveis Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:47 am

jojjemannen wrote:I knew that the Greek's were abit.. crazy. But your work bring it over the top!
    The toilet roll, let me guess. It's proper paper on that roll?!

I can only follow the other and concur.. Beautiful, detailing on the details.. Amazing, simply amazing!

/Tiny

affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid

Both Countries are crazy by the same way...When I first visited Malta...I was shocked!!! I saw many things similar to us!!! Roads situation as an example!!! Or the crazy driving!!! Hospitality etc etc!

No its plastic...I the proper paper leaves lint on the edges...and it doesn't look good for such a small scale.

TNX my Habib!
    Gordon
    Gordon
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Gordon Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:19 am

Alex,no words can describe our work
    Alex Kontiveis
    Alex Kontiveis
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Alex Kontiveis Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:04 pm

Thank U Gordon, my Honour! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:06 pm

Alex, that is out of this world!!! Awesome and Inspiring to say the least!!!!

What an honour and pleasure to have you gracing our forum cheers

Ray affraid
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:17 pm

affraid Wow What detail, superb craftmenship well done indeed , pity that all this will be closed...we are very glad to have you in our forum ... cheers

Last edited by skyhigh on Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Alex Kontiveis
    Alex Kontiveis
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Alex Kontiveis Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:14 pm

Ray wrote:Alex, that is out of this world!!! Awesome and Inspiring to say the least!!!!

Ray affraid

skyhigh wrote:affraid Wow What detail, suburb craftmenship well done indeed , pity that all this will be closed...we are very glad to have you in our forum ... cheers

Ray, Marco, THANK U guys!

Look. I always like FEW friends to talk_ than thousands of posts to bla bla bla...I'm proud joining your GREAT "ROCK" dream team. Be sure of that.
    Luke
    Luke
    Bronze
    Bronze

1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 3 Empty Very nice job

Post  Luke Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:22 pm

Impressive work Alex Smile
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:13 pm

Alex Kontiveis wrote:
    Ray wrote:Alex, that is out of this world!!! Awesome and Inspiring to say the least!!!!

Ray affraid

skyhigh wrote:affraid Wow What detail, superb craftmenship well done indeed , pity that all this will be closed...we are very glad to have you in our forum ... cheers

Ray, Marco, THANK U guys!

Look. I always like FEW friends to talk_ than thousands of posts to bla bla bla...I'm proud joining your GREAT "ROCK" dream team. Be sure of that.

When you decide to visit malta or our HIS expo , it will be my pleasure to meet you....
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:00 am

Alex this work is too much to describe. All i can say is that you are very rapidly becoming the best modeller i know so far. This is too much and given the small scale you are working to, it becomes even more amazing.
    Alex Kontiveis
    Alex Kontiveis
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Alex Kontiveis Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:19 am

bcauchi wrote:Alex this work is too much to describe. All i can say is that you are very rapidly becoming the best modeller i know so far. This is too much and given the small scale you are working to, it becomes even more amazing.

Hi Brian,
    Although your (Brian Cauchi's) words honor me, I can not accept them. I'm rather small for such a kind of comments. I do not attempt to become one of the best modellers. My purpose is to get my own unique style of modelling, someday. I learned by you for years. I copied many Brian's tips, Rodney Williams way of working on metal, I added some ideas of mine and here we are. A new Hybrid!!!

Anyway, I'm very glad you liked my update. I hope not disappointed U so far.

Thank U my Habib!
    Alex
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:57 am

You are too frigging humble!!! I cannot even begin to do what you are doing. I do strive for detail but my work is in 32nd scale, much easier than what you are working with. It is great and no words you say will alter that a bit. This is truly a masterpiece, it will be the ultimate Lanc. The mother of all Lancasters. I dare anyone to do the work you are doing. Even copying this is difficult.
    William
    William
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  William Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:57 am

That detail in that scale is double the praise!!

Wil alien
    Alex Kontiveis
    Alex Kontiveis
    Silver
    Silver

1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 3 Empty Turrets are finished....

Post  Alex Kontiveis Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:40 pm

William wrote:That detail in that scale is double the praise!!

Wil alien

TNX so much William.

Hi guys,

This is my newest update.

1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 3 Lastcv

I Know I’m late again…but the making of the turrets was a nightmare for me…Its turret needs a week of hard work.

FRONT TURRET
    Unfortunately, the front turret’s detail will be not visible. The thick of the clear part is very fat and there is no opening to show something. Everything is sealed…I suggest to make Vacuumed all the clear parts. It will be a better choice.

1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 3 55944471

1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 3 50700989

ΜID TURRET
    The Mid turret will be visible at last. I managed to make him removable, so you can lift it by your hands and see all it details very closely. Pay attention on the spent ammunition bags and gunner’s cradle seat.

1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 3 22875785

1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 3 20736880

REAR TURRET
    Rear turret was the most difficult to be built. The clear part was full of props inside and I had to calculate everything very carefully. Hundreds of dryfits were done in purpose to attach the whole structure properly inside the cupola.

1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 3 46997333

1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 3 20869752

That’s the final pics guys. The Brownings barrels come from Quickboost and the seatbelts from Eduard. The framing is done by the same way as I did on my P-40.

1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 3 33234650

1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 3 98272944

1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 3 77869646

That’s all for today guys. CU soon!

1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 3 000203D1
    in nannu pec
    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  in nannu pec Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:18 pm

MY DEAR FEELOS ALEX WORDS SIMPLY FAIL ME affraid affraid affraid
    AWESOME SIMPLY AWESOME OUSTANDING DETAIL AND CRAFSTMANSHIP IN SUCH SMALL SCALE
    YOU ARE ONE HECK OF A MODELER MATE.....I WANNA SEE THIS BABY READY IN THE FLESH MAYBE IN TELFORD????
    TKE CARE BUDDY
    IN NANNU PEC What a Face What a Face What a Face
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:51 pm

Catch this later Alex, i have to see it at home.
    Joseph
    Joseph
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Joseph Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:36 pm

The detail is simply awesome, welldone.
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:07 pm

And I thought that our Aircraft Nuts are CRAZY pale pale pale pale pale pale pale

You RANK alongside each one of them SO COMFORTABLY lol!

That is some SCALE MODELLING PAR EXCELLANCE Alex Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
    Alex Kontiveis
    Alex Kontiveis
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Alex Kontiveis Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:58 pm

IN NANNU PEC wrote:MY DEAR FEELOS ALEX WORDS SIMPLY FAIL ME affraid affraid affraid
    AWESOME SIMPLY AWESOME OUSTANDING DETAIL AND CRAFSTMANSHIP IN SUCH SMALL SCALE
    YOU ARE ONE HECK OF A MODELER MATE.....I WANNA SEE THIS BABY READY IN THE FLESH MAYBE IN TELFORD????
    TKE CARE BUDDY
    IN NANNU PEC What a Face What a Face What a Face

I hope so, Nannu. I will bring it to Telford Definitely...but I dont Know When. Be sure I will join your team. Thats a promise. 1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 3 0002020B

bcauchi wrote:Catch this later Alex, i have to see it at home.

...as usual my good friend!!! Take care!

Joseph wrote:The detail is simply awesome, welldone.

TNX jo. 1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 3 00020354

Ray wrote:And I thought that our Aircraft Nuts are CRAZY pale pale pale pale pale pale pale

You RANK alongside each one of them SO COMFORTABLY lol!

That is some SCALE MODELLING PAR EXCELLANCE Alex Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Hey Ray...You make me so Happy..but ask me to paint a tartan...You are gonna laugh for years!!! Anyway, I wish to live at Malta...Have you fixed the refreshments machine at your club?

THANK U my friend.! I appreciate your comments. 1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 3 00020285
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:59 pm

affraid affraid No words I cannont find the words to say....masterpiece...
    Alex Kontiveis
    Alex Kontiveis
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Alex Kontiveis Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:13 pm

skyhigh wrote:affraid affraid No words I cannont find the words to say....masterpiece...

Hi my Habib...
    I'm getting very tired of this...Hopefully I finished with the Interiors and the fuselage is already closed. You cant imagine how painful was this move...for me. Everything are lost in dark...My jack Daniels is empty already...1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 3 0002019D

Anyway...The next update will be very interesting. You R gonna see the FINAL exteriors of the fuselage.

Thank U! 1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 3 000203CB
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:19 pm

Alex Kontiveis wrote:
    skyhigh wrote:affraid affraid No words I cannont find the words to say....masterpiece...

Hi my Habib...
    I'm getting very tired of this...Hopefully I finished with the Interiors and the fuselage is already closed. You cant imagine how painful was this move...for me. Everything are lost in dark...My jack Daniels is empty already...1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 3 0002019D

Anyway...The next update will be very interesting. You R gonna see the FINAL exteriors of the fuselage.

Thank U! 1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster...ENDE! - Page 3 000203CB

Don't worry when you decide to come to Malta we have plenty of Jack daniels at the club,so I buy you a drink.. cheers

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:29 am