Lancaster 1/72nd Finished

    Share

    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 6102
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 53
    Location : Zurrieq MALTA

    Re: Lancaster 1/72nd Finished

    Post  Ray on Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:58 pm

    Very good news indeed FJ cheers

    Ray What a Face

    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 3172
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 42
    Location : Marsascala, Malta

    Re: Lancaster 1/72nd Finished

    Post  iCocker on Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:29 am

    PIGMENTS and PASTELS are not similar ... properties are nothing similar though they look the same. Pigments are the pure material that colours are made of including oils, pastels etc ... they respond better to other fixers then varnishes as the latter might kill much of the fathering, browse in the MIG forum to learn more about the properties and what is better to work with. To avoid the problem Dottore hinted the ideal is to put fixer or thinners in the airbrush and overspray. At first it shall go then when dry you see the results.

    Varnishes might mix up with the pigment SO AVOID IT! Pastels though in th old school were used more common are not that pure as pastels and are not that rich.

    Experiment guys and you'll see what can be done with them.

    Ivan

    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 6102
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 53
    Location : Zurrieq MALTA

    Re: Lancaster 1/72nd Finished

    Post  Ray on Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:04 am

    It's so relieving when you hear something that Doc Roe suggested is feasable and tangible Laughing

    Ray affraid

    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2019
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 68
    Location : Qawra Malta

    lancaster

    Post  in nannu pec on Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:05 am

    Prosit Guz....just seen it....fantastic job asusual.....keep them coming siehbi
    In nannu pec santa

    J.Fenech
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2103
    Join date : 2009-08-01
    Age : 42
    Location : MALTA - South

    Re: Lancaster 1/72nd Finished

    Post  J.Fenech on Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:05 pm

    IN NANNU PEC wrote:Prosit Guz....just seen it....fantastic job asusual.....keep them coming siehbi
    In nannu pec santa

    thank you.

    J.Fenech
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2103
    Join date : 2009-08-01
    Age : 42
    Location : MALTA - South

    Re: Lancaster 1/72nd Finished

    Post  J.Fenech on Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:07 pm

    hope that this settles the debate that has arisen at the club about the lancs exhaust.

    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    Re: Lancaster 1/72nd Finished

    Post  skyhigh on Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:17 pm

    Yes FJ I was going to reply you about this matter, but I was busy trying to bring back my pc from breakdown ...you were 109% right may we saw it cheers on another version

    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 3172
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 42
    Location : Marsascala, Malta

    Re: Lancaster 1/72nd Finished

    Post  iCocker on Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:28 pm

    Oh God now we start a contraversary over a colour photo!!!!!!

    By the way what the heck went out of those engines, for me it looks like oil stain, the grey that you see is reflective material, as on the other side it looks 'black' ...

    Ivan

    J.Fenech
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2103
    Join date : 2009-08-01
    Age : 42
    Location : MALTA - South

    Re: Lancaster 1/72nd Finished

    Post  J.Fenech on Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:42 pm

    iCocker wrote:Oh God now we start a contraversary over a colour photo!!!!!!

    By the way what the heck went out of those engines, for me it looks like oil stain, the grey that you see is reflective material, as on the other side it looks 'black' ...

    Ivan

    It all started when someone hinted that the lanc apparently had 7 exhaust trails + the 8th one not going overwing but underwing only (referring to the outermost exhaust of each engine nacelles). Anyway it was something I had to check, which I had already looked when doing the exhaust, but you never know, you might still miss something. As the picture shows it has 6 exhaust trials, but in retrospect I should have made mine heavier in staining, but I restrained myself. That is why having a club meeting is very important, cause disscussions crop up and comments are always wellcome.

    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 6102
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 53
    Location : Zurrieq MALTA

    Re: Lancaster 1/72nd Finished

    Post  Ray on Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:04 pm

    J.Fenech wrote:
    iCocker wrote:Oh God now we start a contraversary over a colour photo!!!!!!

    By the way what the heck went out of those engines, for me it looks like oil stain, the grey that you see is reflective material, as on the other side it looks 'black' ...

    Ivan

    It all started when someone hinted that the lanc apparently had 7 exhaust trails + the 8th one not going overwing but underwing only (referring to the outermost exhaust of each engine nacelles). Anyway it was something I had to check, which I had already looked when doing the exhaust, but you never know, you might still miss something. As the picture shows it has 6 exhaust trials, but in retrospect I should have made mine heavier in staining, but I restrained myself. That is why having a club meeting is very important, cause disscussions crop up and comments are always wellcome.

    VIVA R-RITRATT TA' B'SITTA lol!

    WELDONE JF ON ALL FRONTS.......for doing your research well and for providing evidence cheers

    Ray affraid

    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    Re: Lancaster 1/72nd Finished

    Post  skyhigh on Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:08 pm

    After all thats why I always insist for, well done the research cheers

    J.Fenech
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2103
    Join date : 2009-08-01
    Age : 42
    Location : MALTA - South

    Re: Lancaster 1/72nd Finished

    Post  J.Fenech on Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:11 pm

    skyhigh wrote:After all thats why I always insist for, well done the research cheers


    And for that I have to thank you and all the other club members for providing assistance and constructive critism, as it has helped me a lot and I am always open for comments/suggestions.

    Alex Kontiveis
    Silver
    Silver

    Posts : 356
    Join date : 2009-08-04
    Age : 46
    Location : Greece

    Re: Lancaster 1/72nd Finished

    Post  Alex Kontiveis on Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:50 am

    Very good indeed. Clean and sharp looking result. Although i wish for a weathered look, your build comes up very attractive to me.

    Well done my friend!

    J.Fenech
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2103
    Join date : 2009-08-01
    Age : 42
    Location : MALTA - South

    Re: Lancaster 1/72nd Finished

    Post  J.Fenech on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:42 am

    thanks alex, i agree with you that i may have weathered it much more than it is.

    Luke
    Bronze
    Bronze

    Posts : 205
    Join date : 2010-01-15
    Location : Haz-Zebbug

    Very nice job

    Post  Luke on Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:50 pm

    Very nice job on the weathering Joseph Very Happy

    J.Fenech
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2103
    Join date : 2009-08-01
    Age : 42
    Location : MALTA - South

    Re: Lancaster 1/72nd Finished

    Post  J.Fenech on Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:28 pm

    Luke wrote:Very nice job on the weathering Joseph Very Happy

    thanks luke.

      Current date/time is Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:01 am