SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Me Louis Carabott alias Pecluq

in nannu pec
    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Me Louis Carabott alias Pecluq Empty Me Louis Carabott alias Pecluq

Post  in nannu pec Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:11 am

Me Louis Carabott alias Pecluq Dsc00210Well...don't know where to start really. I hope I don't bore you to bits, because this going to be long !
    I am one of the oldest members of the club , if not the eldest. I am proud to say I am a founder member of our beloved SSM. I held positions as a PRO and Club President ,which I held with pride for many years, with very fond memories.
    I am 61 years old and now retired. My job, which was quite interesting,demanding quite some responsability and ' sometimes hectic'...Ray Farrugia please note SmileSmileSmile...was a Duty Manager in Ground Operations with Air Malta....a position I held for many years with great satisfaction and sense of achievment. I am happily married to my dear and lovely wife Rina , I have two sons, Ivan and Michael and a proud grandfather of two lovely girls...my princesses, Maria and Sarah.
    Scale Modelling has always been a very strong passion in my life which I cherish to this day. It all started many, many , many years ago when I was about 10 years old when I used to sit for hours, fascinated watching my dear late Uncle Paul, working away at his models. I was never sport inclined , so the alternative to my free time off school and all the hastles it carries with it, was scale modelling. I started off with planes , with my biggest boob I am proud to say was finishing a salamander with it's wings the wrong way round, to the amusement of the other club members. It was very entertaining indeed. Well that's Louis.
    I then had a go at figurines. I prefered doing conversions and scratchbuilding , which was very rudimentary in those days. My greatest masterpiece in this field was a supposed to be a scratchbuilt Landsnecht. I needed glasses badly during that time and this, say we call it something ,finished up with a blob on his face looking like an oversize and overscale wart . He was bow legged and his face held a permanent glare with eyes as big as ostrich eggs. Again my dear friends, at the club were amply amused with my achievment. There's Louis for you again. I still have this figurine to the very day...face to the wall of course..hiding his shame !!!!! It's such a hideous looking thing !!
    Then I started on aircraft Dioramas which I enjoyed very much. This topic needs creativity, immagination and loads of scratchbuiilding, which I enjoy very much, so I was really in my element there. That period scale in my modelling years reaped a lot of satisfaction and achievments.
    I am a guy who needs changes in life and this applies to scale modelling as well. As you all know I am now engrossed in marine modelling, which I must say I am enjoying very much, with very positive and satisfactory results. This subject I think is my most favourite in all the fields of modelling I had a go at.
    It's challenging and requires a lot of research , which incidentally was non existent in my dictionary, years ago in my previous fields of modelling.
    Well, that's about me, SSM is a very important faction in my life. I love and respect all the members dearly. I have known them since they were teenagers and now they have grown to mature individuals. I have grown old with them. They are all fantastic modellers and apart from that...good people... and may the Good Lord give me a long life to enjoy the nicities that come along with this great hobby.[img][/img][img][/img]
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Me Louis Carabott alias Pecluq Empty Re: Me Louis Carabott alias Pecluq

Post  alexbb Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:39 pm

ghandi pjacir
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:23 pm

Hi Louis!

Nice work station you've got there!

Regards
    Noel
    smallia
    smallia
    Gold
    Gold

Post  smallia Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:44 am

Ara vera pecluq ta!! Ma waqaftx nidhaq Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Steve
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:10 pm

It has to be YOU JA PECLUQ lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Lovely write up bruv bom

Ray affraid

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:16 am