SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Dottore
Luke
6 posters

Which is the best Air compressor ?

Luke
    Luke
    Bronze
    Bronze

Which is the best Air compressor ? Empty Which is the best Air compressor ?

Post  Luke Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:03 pm

Which is the best Air compressor from these 8 choices for air-brushing please ?

http://www.zahra.com.mt/products/compressors/index.htm

All help will be appreciated Very Happy
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

Which is the best Air compressor ? Empty Compressors....

Post  Dottore Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:43 am

Various around....I would go fr one with an internal tue ad whih is silent or almost silent especially if you live in a flat....

A moisture trap is good to have too....

When you get to actually buying one we can give you better advice depending on yor budget too...

Dottore
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Which is the best Air compressor ? Empty Re: Which is the best Air compressor ?

Post  iCocker Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:01 pm

Check these out Luke ... he also has a Silent one which looks not exageratly priced and also the 50L ... these are from HM BKara

http://www.handymancentre.net/index.php?cPath=62

Ivan
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:54 pm

Yesterday Joseph and Oliver were asking the Homemate guy (I think he's shaun if am not mistaken Laughing ) re prices of compressors. Don't know what's boiling since I'm not in the comittee and it's not prudent to be nosey Sad but Luke can benefit from this or anyone in need of a compressor Laughing

A note to Doc......was reading your FAQ re Tanks yesterday at Club, and I noted that the airbrush is not needed per se.......only you should learn to purge the brush lol!

Sorry Luke I hijacked your thread Sad

Carry on with the compressor issue now Twisted Evil

Ray affraid
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:05 pm

Luke, go for the first one on the brochure, the FB-0.076/8. That one utilizes a compressor like those used in the refrigerators. it is very very silent, and if anythign happens to your compressor you can buy one for cheap from someone who fixed refrigerators. I have been using one like that all my life. It should be more than enough. Did you check on the prices? What's more it is fitted with a water trap, regulator and pressure gauge. I think you have all you need there.
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:06 pm

Forgot to tell you that Zahra have excellent aftersales service and they also do repairs in their workshop. Last but not least, their prices are some of the best on the island. i would go for it.
    Luke
    Luke
    Bronze
    Bronze

Which is the best Air compressor ? Empty Which one ?

Post  Luke Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:41 pm

iCocker wrote:Check these out Luke ... he also has a Silent one which looks not exageratly priced and also the 50L ... these are from HM BKara

http://www.handymancentre.net/index.php?cPath=62

Ivan

Whic one is it please ?
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:42 pm

Just checked with Zahra, that model is no longer available.
    Luke
    Luke
    Bronze
    Bronze

Which is the best Air compressor ? Empty I did one

Post  Luke Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:44 pm

bcauchi wrote:Luke, go for the first one on the brochure, the FB-0.076/8. That one utilizes a compressor like those used in the refrigerators. it is very very silent, and if anythign happens to your compressor you can buy one for cheap from someone who fixed refrigerators. I have been using one like that all my life. It should be more than enough. Did you check on the prices? What's more it is fitted with a water trap, regulator and pressure gauge. I think you have all you need there.

I did one of them brian but when i stop using the airbrush it keeps compressing air , That is the problem with it scratch
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:46 pm

You need a pressure switch to cut off the compressor at a predetermined pressure such as 8 bar. Then it will restart when the pressure drops to about 2 or 3 bar. if it does not have that sort of switch, you have to switch it on and off manually and take note of the pressure gauge.
    Luke
    Luke
    Bronze
    Bronze

Which is the best Air compressor ? Empty Your right

Post  Luke Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:53 pm

bcauchi wrote:Just checked with Zahra, that model is no longer available.

You are right Brian Sad , He told me i could find something like them at Collejro Very Happy and I am going to check it out too .

I checked it Brian 25liters and Not silent 180euro

Last edited by Luke on Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : checked)
    AdriaN
    AdriaN
    Gold
    Gold

Post  AdriaN Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:55 pm

arnt those compressors abit.... big industrial compressors?? :S
    Mine is tiny.... and much cheaper
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:31 am

Luke the silent one on HM is this

http://www.handymancentre.net/product_info.php?cPath=62&products_id=282&osCsid=f46d8e53428b3a0dc66740a534923bcf

And to answer Adrain, though these are larger then the conventional artist models you benefit with a better control and capacity of air, apart if you have a small one [compressor] like mine it tends to be very noisy and after some hours spraying you might have a headache or a complain from a neighbour especially if you tend to spray in the evening ...

Ivan
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:40 am

That is a lovely compressor but very expensive.
    Luke
    Luke
    Bronze
    Bronze

Which is the best Air compressor ? Empty It is too expensive for ....

Post  Luke Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:20 pm

iCocker wrote:Luke the silent one on HM is this

http://www.handymancentre.net/product_info.php?cPath=62&products_id=282&osCsid=f46d8e53428b3a0dc66740a534923bcf

And to answer Adrain, though these are larger then the conventional artist models you benefit with a better control and capacity of air, apart if you have a small one [compressor] like mine it tends to be very noisy and after some hours spraying you might have a headache or a complain from a neighbour especially if you tend to spray in the evening ...

Ivan

It is too expensive for me Ivan but thanks any way Very Happy

I have found two Air-Compressors from the ironmonger one of them is 1/3HP 14LTR 25KW 135 euro and the second one is 25 LTR 8 Bar each 110 euro , They have 2 years gurantee and 6 moths labour whic one is them best from these 2 please ?

Thanks for the help Very Happy
    AdriaN
    AdriaN
    Gold
    Gold

Post  AdriaN Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:05 pm

i bought my compressor from ebay along side 2 airbrushes for about 50 lira. I saw the exact compressor alone at the model shop for over 100 lira!!

Try ebaying. youd find bargains! and for a beginner (??) i wouldnt start with expensive stuff, best start out with cheaper stuff. Wink

I use this-
    https://media.photobucket.com/image/AB-AS18/everythingairbrush/Compressors/AS-18-front-left-detail.jpg

Last edited by AdriaN on Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:15 pm; edited 3 times in total
    AdriaN
    AdriaN
    Gold
    Gold

Post  AdriaN Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:09 pm

iCocker wrote:
    apart if you have a small one [compressor] like mine it tends to be very noisy and after some hours spraying you might have a headache or a complain from a neighbour especially if you tend to spray in the evening ...

Ivan

Mine is tiny too. it does make noise- just a 'drrrrrrr click' sound and vibration (since it doesnt have an extra air tank it needs to repump as soon as it looses pressure) lol!
    it cud get annoying when spraying for one hour flat pale the worst bit is in summer it gets hotter than a kettle! sunny

but it doesnt really matter, i use my airbrush/compressor around once a month or less!

I dont even know when i last used it scratch scratch

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:31 pm