Butterfly Princess 80mm

    Share

    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 6102
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 53
    Location : Zurrieq MALTA

    Re: Butterfly Princess 80mm

    Post  Ray on Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:02 pm

    alex wrote:if the red clogged airbrush is a badger and your are having problems removing old paint just bring it over and i will overhaul it for you

    Cheers mate, I might take you up on your generous offer & do just that.....gather and collect all the pieces, put everything in a sack and pop up to your home.....as I said I do need an overhaul myself and might as well just do it at the right place.....the home of ALL alchemistry dark experiments Twisted Evil

    Do you still get Mondays off work? I'm off this Monday, so if ok for you we can set the date I love you

    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 1710
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 55

    Re: Butterfly Princess 80mm

    Post  alexbb on Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:09 pm

    have some errands early in morning but i should be here by 10 to 10.30

    Tancred
    Admin

    Posts : 1078
    Join date : 2009-07-20
    Age : 44
    Location : Attard, Malta

    Re: Butterfly Princess 80mm

    Post  Tancred on Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:30 pm


    Ray , I have sent you a pdf by Julio Cabos that includes airbrushing and the same techniques he used during the demo.

    The service of SnM is super fast, remember to apply the discount code: http://ipmsmalta.forumotion.net/shopping-f15/vallejo-paints-t25.htm


    _________________
    "Ghamel kollox bis-serjeta', imma tiehux kollox bis-serjeta"

    Tankred afro

    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 6102
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 53
    Location : Zurrieq MALTA

    Re: Butterfly Princess 80mm

    Post  Ray on Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:36 pm

    Tancred wrote:
    Ray , I have sent you a pdf by Julio Cabos that includes airbrushing and the same techniques he used during the demo.

    The service of SnM is super fast, remember to apply the discount code: http://ipmsmalta.forumotion.net/shopping-f15/vallejo-paints-t25.htm

    Haqq il-hass I did not apply the discount code x'jien fil-qamar Sad

    You know that I discovered that PDF in my documents courtesy of Marco Borg just now, what a MORON I am Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

    Julio (pronounced Hulio please note coz Sammy will shoot me Suspect ) uses the normal Andrea Color bottles, mixed with 40% water + 60% Gunze Sagno Solvent

    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 6102
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 53
    Location : Zurrieq MALTA

    Re: Butterfly Princess 80mm

    Post  Ray on Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:21 am

    alex wrote:have some errands early in morning but i should be here by 10 to 10.30

    So it is written, so it shall be done Twisted Evil

    Thanks a lot mate......are you inviting Doc Roe by any chance lol!

    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4047
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : St. Julian's

    Re: Butterfly Princess 80mm

    Post  bcauchi on Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:42 am

    Hi Ray, Tankred mentions a pdf which seems to include painting techniques for figures just like the one you are doing. Do you think i could somehow have a copy? I have two resin ladies which i need to paint for our friend Brad one fine day and i am still trying to figure out how to do them.

    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 1710
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 55

    Re: Butterfly Princess 80mm

    Post  alexbb on Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:53 am

    bcauchi wrote:Hi Ray, Tankred mentions a pdf which seems to include painting techniques for figures just like the one you are doing. Do you think i could somehow have a copy? I have two resin ladies which i need to paint for our friend Brad one fine day and i am still trying to figure out how to do them.


    ME TOO

    Tancred
    Admin

    Posts : 1078
    Join date : 2009-07-20
    Age : 44
    Location : Attard, Malta

    Re: Butterfly Princess 80mm

    Post  Tancred on Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:21 am

    Brian, Alex, I have sent you the file as an attachment.

    Ray, it can be accessed here:

    http://www.andrea-miniatures.com/descargas/PINTANDO%20ENG.pdf

    There are also these:

    http://www.andrea-miniatures.com/descargas/NO%20SWIMMING%20ENG.pdf

    and videos:



    _________________
    "Ghamel kollox bis-serjeta', imma tiehux kollox bis-serjeta"

    Tankred afro

    Tancred
    Admin

    Posts : 1078
    Join date : 2009-07-20
    Age : 44
    Location : Attard, Malta

    Re: Butterfly Princess 80mm

    Post  Tancred on Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:22 am

    And another video:



    _________________
    "Ghamel kollox bis-serjeta', imma tiehux kollox bis-serjeta"

    Tankred afro

    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 1710
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 55

    Re: Butterfly Princess 80mm

    Post  alexbb on Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:26 am

    TANKRED YOUR'E ONE IN A MILLION THANKS

    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 6102
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 53
    Location : Zurrieq MALTA

    Re: Butterfly Princess 80mm

    Post  Ray on Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:36 am

    alex wrote:TANKRED YOUR'E ONE IN A MILLION THANKS

    I'll second that if I may Laughing

    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4047
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : St. Julian's

    Re: Butterfly Princess 80mm

    Post  bcauchi on Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:16 am

    What the hell will we do without the likes of you and Marco TANkRED!??? Thanks a lot mate.

    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4047
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : St. Julian's

    Re: Butterfly Princess 80mm

    Post  bcauchi on Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:29 am

    Ray, i suggest you take a look at this, there are some beautifully painted ladies on this site, the figures themselves are gorgeous, they look really high class and they are very nicely painted IMHO at least. The only thing in common with the models i make is that some of them have wings. The only reprieve here is that they are fantasy and i cannot be told that i used the wrong colour. Check this out, it might help you with some of the decisions you might need to take when painting the figure.
    http://www.foxfirestudio.com/tutorial.htm


    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 6102
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 53
    Location : Zurrieq MALTA

    Re: Butterfly Princess 80mm

    Post  Ray on Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:05 pm

    bcauchi wrote:Ray, i suggest you take a look at this, there are some beautifully painted ladies on this site, the figures themselves are gorgeous, they look really high class and they are very nicely painted IMHO at least. The only thing in common with the models i make is that some of them have wings. The only reprieve here is that they are fantasy and i cannot be told that i used the wrong colour. Check this out, it might help you with some of the decisions you might need to take when painting the figure.
    http://www.foxfirestudio.com/tutorial.htm


    Thanks mate......really interesting......Mike Cusanelli is World Known and he created some very beautiful pieces there I love you

    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4047
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : St. Julian's

    Re: Butterfly Princess 80mm

    Post  bcauchi on Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:19 am

    Ray, i went through that website with a fine comb and that guy really knows what he is doing, the work he does on those ladies is truly awesome. fine, the figures themselves are really beautiful and help but his finishing leaves me breathless. i think that i prefer his finish to Julio's, those figures are flawless and look very real.

    slingshot392
    Silver
    Silver

    Posts : 467
    Join date : 2010-02-19
    Age : 54
    Location : Minnesota, USA

    Re: Butterfly Princess 80mm

    Post  slingshot392 on Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:18 am

    You are really come nicely with this!

    And those are some nice videos and that site is nice also. I will look at the Woodland Scenics web site to see if they still have some of their tutorial videos up yet. They make some top-notch stuff for model railroads that can be used for other stuff. I'm going to use a number of their things on my Wolfman base.

    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4047
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : St. Julian's

    Re: Butterfly Princess 80mm

    Post  bcauchi on Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:51 am

    I love that water effect, there is so much potential for using that product.

    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 1710
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 55

    Re: Butterfly Princess 80mm

    Post  alexbb on Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:29 pm

    have you started to airbrush the lady yet?

    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 6102
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 53
    Location : Zurrieq MALTA

    Re: Butterfly Princess 80mm

    Post  Ray on Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:49 pm

    alex wrote:have you started to airbrush the lady yet?

    Problem Sad seems a week of problems Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

    Compressor not ready yet as old connections screwed the motor, so awaiting a replacement motor Sad

    Also I need to buy a new air hose as the old one is screwed from both ends of the hose Sad

    Joseph is going to check if he's got a spare one, so I'll get one either from Modelshop or I send for one pale

    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4047
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : St. Julian's

    Re: Butterfly Princess 80mm

    Post  bcauchi on Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:11 am

    Too bad Ray, i am really dying to see some colour on this one.

    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 3172
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 42
    Location : Marsascala, Malta

    Re: Butterfly Princess 80mm

    Post  iCocker on Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:37 am

    If you need I still can lend you mine, a basic direct noisy one, but you can at least start ... remind me to bring it to clubmeeting tomorrow ...

    Ivan

    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 6102
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 53
    Location : Zurrieq MALTA

    Re: Butterfly Princess 80mm

    Post  Ray on Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:17 pm

    iCocker wrote:If you need I still can lend you mine, a basic direct noisy one, but you can at least start ... remind me to bring it to clubmeeting tomorrow ...

    Ivan

    Thanks a lot for your kind offer Ivan, but today dawned a bit of freash air as motor is OK after all Twisted Evil should be mounted and pumping air into the reservoir soon Twisted Evil

    Also, Joseph had a brand new badger hose pipe which I'll be using cheers

    So to date, Alex has provided me with a brand new Teflon head washer & a spare cup lid from his multi storey spare part store Laughing

    TanKred also provided me with an Osprey book which triggered some useful tips on how to spray this Princess.

    Philip also cleaned my airbrushes in their industrial washing mashine Twisted Evil

    Everyone who chimed in re what acrylics and thinners and all the useful gossip Razz

    Thanks a lot guys, I really appreciate ALL the feedback even the silent urge to see some paint on this one Twisted Evil



    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 1710
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 55

    Re: Butterfly Princess 80mm

    Post  alexbb on Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:52 pm

    Ray wrote:
    iCocker wrote:If you need I still can lend you mine, a basic direct noisy one, but you can at least start ... remind me to bring it to clubmeeting tomorrow ...

    Ivan

    Thanks a lot for your kind offer Ivan, but today dawned a bit of freash air as motor is OK after all Twisted Evil should be mounted and pumping air into the reservoir soon Twisted Evil

    Also, Joseph had a brand new badger hose pipe which I'll be using cheers

    So to date, Alex has provided me with a brand new Teflon head washer & a spare cup lid from his multi storey spare part store Laughing

    TanKred also provided me with an Osprey book which triggered some useful tips on how to spray this Princess.

    Philip also cleaned my airbrushes in their industrial washing mashine Twisted Evil

    Everyone who chimed in re what acrylics and thinners and all the useful gossip Razz

    Thanks a lot guys, I really appreciate ALL the feedback even the silent urge to see some paint on this one Twisted Evil



    THIS IS WHAT S.S.M IS AND SHOULD BE. AN EXAMPLE TO EVERYBODY ELSE

    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 1388
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 38
    Location : Tarxien, Malta

    Tiha laqgha RAY!!!!

    Post  Dottore on Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:07 pm

    Twisted Evil

    Or in English...come on give that ass a lick...of paint....

    Dottore

    PS I hope this post makes it past the rigorous SSM Forum Board of cencorship...but after all if Stephen Mallia's obscene avatar passed the test so should this!

    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 3172
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 42
    Location : Marsascala, Malta

    Re: Butterfly Princess 80mm

    Post  iCocker on Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:19 pm

    Issa la lest it-tpecliq mhux ahjar tibdew [plural ghax anke ghad-Dottore] tibdew tisprejaw !!!!!

    ALEX KEMM FADAL!!!!!!!!

      Current date/time is Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:18 am