Airfix Su-27 & Berkut Su-35

Scirocco
    Bronze
    Bronze

Airfix Su-27 & Berkut Su-35

Post  Scirocco on Fri May 14, 2010 2:00 pm

2 Flankers in 1/72nd scale. The Airfix is said to be the most accurate Flanker in 72nd scale (maybe the new ICM mould does beat it now!). The Su-35 is the horrible Nakotne mould with much modifications and parts from an Italeri Su-27 which has several shape issues. Su-35 are scanned prints.

Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

Great braille scale!

Post  Dottore on Fri May 14, 2010 2:06 pm

Always nice to see some smaller scales and your execution of these planes is really nice well done! Though I am no plane builder (and I'm sure my fellow SSM brothers will have their share of comments to make) I really like them!

Dottore

Joseph
    Silver
    Silver

Re: Airfix Su-27 & Berkut Su-35

Post  Joseph on Fri May 14, 2010 2:23 pm

Very nice camo and execution.

David
    Silver
    Silver

Post  David on Fri May 14, 2010 2:53 pm

Being also an Airfix fan I am really enjoying your posts

D

bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi on Fri May 14, 2010 3:40 pm

Beautiful work. Just one small suggestion. gently file the bottom of the tyres to get a 'weighted' look and make the model look more realistic when you take photos from a low angle. This is very simple to do but do not overdo it.

aexuni

Post  aexuni on Fri May 14, 2010 6:45 pm

Nice work, Scirocco, I do like specially the Flanker paint scheme. Your words seem to me a bit surprising (Im taking about Airfix mould quality). I tell you cause get the Hase mould, its plenty of details (accuracy???). I didn't know about Airfix.
    Never mind, these're amazing jobs. Congrats....

matilda
    Highly Commended
    Highly Commended

Post  matilda on Fri May 14, 2010 7:36 pm

first, well done,that is simply lovely pair of flanker's.
    maybe a bit of dirt and a bit of stains and weathering,but that is mater of taste...
    airfix su 27 is most acurate in that scale,but only after ukrainean nakotne, here we speak about overall shape.
    new icm Evil or Very Mad is good, but only to avoid it Arrow
    that icm is air fix or heller Suspect mould with some changes but not on better pale
    all in all , to make acurate and good looking flanker of icm , you need... lets just say half kilo of resin and some brass. and is not cheap in all...

one more time, that is realy nice models, personaly , i like the one on the bottom, su 35 , just have that charming pait job.

stevan

skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh on Fri May 14, 2010 8:11 pm

matilda wrote:first, well done,that is simply lovely pair of flanker's.
    maybe a bit of dirt and a bit of stains and weathering,but that is mater of taste...
    airfix su 27 is most acurate in that scale,but only after ukrainean nakotne, here we speak about overall shape.
    new icm Evil or Very Mad is good, but only to avoid it Arrow
    that icm is air fix or heller Suspect mould with some changes but not on better pale
    all in all , to make acurate and good looking flanker of icm , you need... lets just say half kilo of resin and some brass. and is not cheap in all...

one more time, that is realy nice models, personaly , i like the one on the bottom, su 35 , just have that charming pait job.

stevan

Thats my boys in wingy models this is great ... I like the way you pronouce the words Stevan.. lol! lol!

And Scirocco altough no wathering models ,stil they are good built a good finnished models welldone eh...may be by time you try ... cheers

Scirocco
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  Scirocco on Fri May 14, 2010 9:26 pm

Thanks for all of you who posted comments and suggestions! I will be taking these for future (& current) projects. Regarding weathering, I always try to have some real pictures of the real aircraft before weathering the model. The Su-35 appeared in that scheme in various airshows and demo tours, and it was kept in near impeccable condition. The Su-27 does have some weathering on it but not very heavy. As regards the Hasegawa Su-27, it has various imperfections, and Ken Duffey has all the errors well pointed out on his excellent site about modelling USSR and Russian aircraft. For any Flanker (except the Su-34/32) he always starts out from the Airfix or Heller kits.

Luke
    Bronze
    Bronze

Very nice job

Post  Luke on Fri May 14, 2010 10:02 pm

Very nice job mate keep it up Very Happy

William
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  William on Sat May 15, 2010 7:36 am

Good fnish, the planes are coming along good,can't wait to see more of your work Smile

J.Fenech
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  J.Fenech on Sun May 16, 2010 6:39 pm

Nice builds and finish. Keep posting

Current date/time is Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:15 pm