Pewter Keepsakes?

Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Pewter Keepsakes?

Post  Ray on Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:32 pm

This is one of two keepsakes I made for William & Jeremy re last year's CSMS Catania. Made them as if they are commemorating the visit to Catania. I think they would make a fine gift whatsoever if one decides to give a special present to someone.

I'm sure that in everyone's grey army, there is a lot of similar potential Laughing

bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Re: Pewter Keepsakes?

Post  bcauchi on Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Really cool Ray. What exactly did you do. Did you build the figures and paint them in pewter or are they really made of pewter? They look really nice.

Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray on Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:58 pm

bcauchi wrote:Really cool Ray. What exactly did you do. Did you build the figures and paint them in pewter or are they really made of pewter? They look really nice.

Brian, it is the commemorative figure handed out to all participants in Catania (I brought a plastic WWII tal-qamel instead, idiot me)

I assambled both figures + bases, masked the bases, applied a wash of tamiya smkoe + burnt umber oils + cellulose thinner and let dry (after a short while). Then I burnished with fine steelwool and removed excess wash. Last wash with white spirit to bring out the sheen and put them in the oven for an hour and voila Cool

I'll bring one of them to club this Wed, God Willing, so yoo can see it in the flesh I love you

bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi on Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:46 am

I love the effect,they look absolutely great.

smallia
    Gold
    Gold

Post  smallia on Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:37 am

I liked the idea actually.Seeing it at the club might convince me to have a go.....whenever I find the time !!!!!

Steve

Current date/time is Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:09 am