SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

1/72nd Italeri Hawks

Scirocco
    Scirocco
    Bronze
    Bronze

1/72nd Italeri Hawks Empty 1/72nd Italeri Hawks

Post  Scirocco Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:34 pm

Here are some Hawks all done from the Italeri kits. Decals came from various aftermarket decal printers, but the Aussie one are either ALPS printed or similar and the backing is a whole sheet and very thick. I have yet to build the new Airfix Hawks to compare which is better, but the Italeri moulds are quite good. The parachute housing on the Airfix Hawk 100 series is separate and there is no need to cut it for some variants as with the Italeri.

1/72nd Italeri Hawks 4366_i10
    1/72nd Italeri Hawks 4367_i10
    1/72nd Italeri Hawks 4942_h10
    1/72nd Italeri Hawks 7442_h10
    1/72nd Italeri Hawks 7441_h10
    1/72nd Italeri Hawks 4572_h10

1/72nd Italeri Hawks Empty Re: 1/72nd Italeri Hawks

Post  Guest Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:37 am

Very nice selection of hawks, well done.
    AdriaN
    AdriaN
    Gold
    Gold

Post  AdriaN Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:45 pm

your very lucky with that smooth black gloss finish Twisted Evil
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:08 am

Brilliant, they are simply wonderful. However, i will repeat what i have been saying ever since i saw your first model. Do try to just sand down the tyres a little bit to simulate some weight for the aircraft. The perfectly rounded tyres touching the ground at a point are a dead giveaway that what we are seeing is a model. This takes only a few minutes and there is not much labour involved but it will make one hell of a difference to the sit of the aircraft.
    Scirocco
    Scirocco
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  Scirocco Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:16 am

Brian, I will take your suggestion and apply it to the next model I finish. (By a coincidence, I am build the Amodel An-26 which has the tyres moulded already flattened!) These have been finished over the last 8-9 years after I restarted the hobby from my teens. I have been trying out to improve my standard along the way, I always attend your club's Exhibitions (and enjoyed talking to some members there as well) and now I am thinking to join once more as a member. Does the club open during the summer months?
    Scirocco
    Scirocco
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  Scirocco Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:18 am

AdriaN wrote:your very lucky with that smooth black gloss finish Twisted Evil
    Adrian,
    Never had a problem with gloss black (Humbrol or MM), in fact I find it's the easiest finish to apply!

Gordon.
    RayCaruana
    RayCaruana
    Gold
    Gold

Post  RayCaruana Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:05 pm

Scirocco wrote: I have been trying out to improve my standard along the way, I always attend your club's Exhibitions (and enjoyed talking to some members there as well) and now I am thinking to join once more as a member. Does the club open during the summer months?

Yes Scirocco, we are always open rain or shine!! Every Wednesday from 6.30ish till late Smile
    AdriaN
    AdriaN
    Gold
    Gold

Post  AdriaN Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:06 pm

Scirocco wrote:
    AdriaN wrote:your very lucky with that smooth black gloss finish Twisted Evil
    Adrian,
    Never had a problem with gloss black (Humbrol or MM), in fact I find it's the easiest finish to apply!

Gordon.

Really? ive often read on forums its very hard to get a smooth black finish when its glossy. and it takes many wet sanding sessions!
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:12 pm

Officially joining the club is the best thing you can do and i assure you that you will not be disappointed. Besides, everyone has acknowledged your very high standard and it will be great to have your models beside ours in the next expo. Also good to start seeing some of them in the flesh rather than on pics. We hope that you will also start bringing them along as you build them. I am sure that there is something that we can learn from you. You know that you are more than welcome and as Ray said, only after 2012 will the club not open, if it is really the end of the world!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:17 am