SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Ray
alexbb
Tancred
7 posters

Autoblinda AB 43

Tancred
    Tancred
    Admin

Autoblinda AB 43 Empty Autoblinda AB 43

Post  Tancred Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:53 pm

This is the Italeri kit of the Autoblinda AB 43 built in Italy but only used by the Germans in WWII. After the war it was used by the Carabinieri. The scheme is green and red patches outlined with yellow as follows.

Autoblinda AB 43 It645110

This is the work so far:

Autoblinda AB 43 Img_6210

Autoblinda AB 43 Img_6211

Autoblinda AB 43 Img_6212

Autoblinda AB 43 Img_6213

Autoblinda AB 43 Img_6214

Autoblinda AB 43 Img_6215

Next step is the yellow outline.

Tankred afro
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Autoblinda AB 43 Empty Re: Autoblinda AB 43

Post  alexbb Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:12 pm

tancred according to the italian afv expert pignato the colours on this version should be soft edge and not hard edge. i have just sent pdf but i doubt it will come through if not i will post link for you to download
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  alexbb Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:19 pm

here's an excellent pdf download on the subject

http://www.modellismopiu.it/modules/news/article.php?storyid=991
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  alexbb Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:22 pm

another thing tancred the wheels should be the artilgio patern which unfortunaetly are incorrect on the kit

why do you have to rush things? all you need to do is ask me for info
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:37 pm

What is that red camo substance please Suspect?
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  alexbb Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:40 pm

Ray wrote:What is that red camo substance please Suspect?

silly putty or space putty. its a gooey toy putty ideal for masking as it does not drip or stain
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:43 pm

alex wrote:

silly putty or space putty. its a gooey toy putty ideal for masking as it does not drip or stain

Cheers Laughing and from where do you get it Embarassed ?
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  alexbb Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:50 pm

Ray wrote:
    alex wrote:

Cheers Laughing and from where do you get it Embarassed ?

any good online toyshop, e-bay etc

link below
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Space-Putty-Red-like-silly-putty-and-bionic-putty-/260635284698?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Toys_Creative_Educational_RL&hash=item3caf12d4da
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

Autoblinda AB 43 Empty putty.....

Post  Dottore Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:32 am

The putty looks real good...better than the blu tack I used last time i needed a hard edge....

@ Alex...Joe F will tell you that with putty you cant get a hard edge...mahhh these aircraft guys!

I bought the AB41 with l;oads of goodies...inc armorscle wheels...frankly not much bothered if they are not the correct pattern...just wanted to do away with the vinyl!

@ TankRed...how was fit of the AB43???

Dottore

Post  Guest Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:40 am

Nice work Tancred, and I suggest you take into consideration any advice from Alex on AFVs.

Dottore wrote:The putty looks real good...better than the blu tack I used last time i needed a hard edge....

@ Alex...Joe F will tell you that with putty you cant get a hard edge...mahhh these aircraft guys!

I bought the AB41 with l;oads of goodies...inc armorscle wheels...frankly not much bothered if they are not the correct pattern...just wanted to do away with the vinyl!

Dottore

Dottore, I am afraid that you mis quoted me Suspect No , as I hate this type of masking system (putty) If I want a hard edge I use tape, if going for a soft edge I go free hand. Cool
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:00 am

J.Fenech wrote:Nice work Tancred, and I suggest you take into consideration any advice from Alex on AFVs.

Dottore wrote:The putty looks real good...better than the blu tack I used last time i needed a hard edge....

Dottore

Dottore, I am afraid that you mis quoted me Autoblinda AB 43 Suspect Autoblinda AB 43 Kopfschuettel , as I hate this type of masking system (putty) If I want a hard edge I use tape, if going for a soft edge I go free hand. Autoblinda AB 43 Icon_cool

The idea of using this putty for tanks as it can work better for all the irregular surfaces, bumps and any protruding objects common on AFVs. Difficult to mask with tape if not a very flat subject with minmal hooks and crooks, which in our catalogues are very few subjects. Unfortunetly the other system is to work the hard edge by brush and fill by airbrush but in a subject like this it's tough as splotches are small .
    The good thing of this putty unlike bluetack or anything else is that it does not leave any oily substance if left for a longer period.
    Tancred, not an expert on Italian subjects and judging from what I saw but the redbrown looks a bit on the dark side, is it Lifecolour Italian camo mix?
    Ivan
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

Autoblinda AB 43 Empty putty....

Post  Dottore Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:17 am

@ Joe Fenech....I meant Joseph Farrugia Twisted Evil

Dottore
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  alexbb Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:20 am

iCocker wrote:
    J.Fenech wrote:Nice work Tancred, and I suggest you take into consideration any advice from Alex on AFVs.

Dottore

Dottore, I am afraid that you mis quoted me Autoblinda AB 43 Suspect Autoblinda AB 43 Kopfschuettel , as I hate this type of masking system (putty) If I want a hard edge I use tape, if going for a soft edge I go free hand. Autoblinda AB 43 Icon_cool

The idea of using this putty for tanks as it can work better for all the irregular surfaces, bumps and any protruding objects common on AFVs. Difficult to mask with tape if not a very flat subject with minmal hooks and crooks, which in our catalogues are very few subjects. Unfortunetly the other system is to work the hard edge by brush and fill by airbrush but in a subject like this it's tough as splotches are small .
    The good thing of this putty unlike bluetack or anything else is that it does not leave any oily substance if left for a longer period.
    Tancred, not an expert on Italian subjects and judging from what I saw but the redbrown looks a bit on the dark side, is it Lifecolour Italian camo mix?
    Ivan

i vil zay zis only wonce the camo pattern should be soft edge ignore the drawings and refer to photos and notes on download i supplied.
    Tancred
    Tancred
    Admin

Post  Tancred Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:22 pm

Thanks for all the tips Alex and all, I am planning to do the yellow in soft edge and this would make the green and red patterns soft edge (if I manage to get it right that is).

As for the colours I used Vallejo Tank Green and Red Brown, as I spray in the garage do not have the numbers with me.

Alex, thanks for that download, will go through it. Do you know where I can get more accurate wheels?

The putty is called Space Putty and I had posted this some time back https://ipmsmalta.forumotion.net/anything-else-f25/space-putty-t849.htm
    I tried it out on this one and found it works real good, absolutely no residue is left on the model.

Matthew, fit of the kit is very good with only a little filler used.

Cheers guys for all the comments.

Tankred afro
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  alexbb Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:51 pm

TANCRED YOU ALREADY KNOW THIS

FOR THE BENEFIT OF OTHER GUYS THESE SHOULD BE THE COLOURS FOR THE AB41, AB42 AB43 EUROPEAN THEATRE

GRIGIO VERDE SCURO (DARK GREY GREEN) LIFECOLOUR UA214
    ROSSO RUGGINE (RUST RED) LIFECOLOUR UA215
    GIALLO SABBIA SCURO (SANDYELLOW DARK) LIFECOLOUR UA217

AS FOR YOUR VEHICLE I WOULD SUGGEST OVERSPRAYNIG THE GREEN IN A DARKER SHADE AND THE BROWN IN A LIGHTER MORE REDDISH HUE BEFORE YOU DO THE SAND OUTLINE. HUSSAR MODELS DO THE BEST WHEELS AROUND (AIR CONNECTION) IN BOTH VERSIONS NEXT COME ROYAL MODELS, CRIEL, AND HISTORICA UNFORTUNAETLY FOR THE DOCTOR ARMOURSCALE ARE NOT VERY HIGH ON THE LIST. IF YOU NEED THEM IN A HURRY TRY ROYAL MODELS EITHER DIRECT FROM PRODUCERS OR FROM HISTOREX

I HAVE BEEN SAYING THIS EVER SINCE THIS FORUM OPENED. IF ANY OF YOU EVER NEED INFO ON AFVS ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS ASK, MY GRATIFICATION WOULD BE THAT OF SEEING A GREAT MODEL. I AM ALWAYS AVAILABLE AS SOME OF YOU CAN VOUCH.

P.S. REMEMBER THIS VERSION HAS THE ARTIGLIO PATERN WHEELS
    Tancred
    Tancred
    Admin

Post  Tancred Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:04 pm

Tbezbiza tajba, imma haqni Rolling Eyes

That pdf is excellent! Thank you very much Alex, will re-spray it as the colours are also not to my liking especially the red.

Now off to the BBQ pig

Tankred afro
    slingshot392
    slingshot392
    Silver
    Silver

Post  slingshot392 Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:15 pm

Looking good so far!

I used to play with Silly Putty when I was a kid, I just recently picked a number of the eggs up at Wal-Mart (it still comes in brightly colored plastic eggs), they were less than one dollar each. It makes a nice mask for areas where tape just won't work, I also use it a lot to hold small parts while painting,gluing, filing, or what ever. I've found that if you need to cut it with a knife, it helps to get the blade in water first.
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:21 pm

What happened to this model? Neutral
    Tancred
    Tancred
    Admin

Post  Tancred Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:42 pm

Noel Petroni wrote:What happened to this model? Neutral

I #8 it Rolling Eyes

Will have to try one of these http://www.network54.com/Forum/110741/thread/1285804820/What+will+strip+Vallejo+paint

Tankred afro

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:37 am