SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
in nannu pec
Samwel18
skyhigh
Dottore
bcauchi
Ray
Noel Petroni
iCocker
alexbb
13 posters

scratch camion blidado ebro no2 (armoured lorry/bus)

alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

scratch camion blidado ebro no2  (armoured lorry/bus) Empty scratch camion blidado ebro no2 (armoured lorry/bus)

Post  alexbb Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:34 am

recently i have been working on two spanish civil war 20mm armies. my interest on this conflict goes way back and the more i read the more this interset grows. this was a strange war where the best equiped and most numerous faction (republicans) lost out to a smaller and inferior equipped but a well organized and led army(nationalists/fascists). one example is the battle tanks and armoured cars used by the armies . while the republicans had the then most modern cannon armed soviet supplied and crewed bt5 and t26 the nats on the other hand had mg armed panzer I and the useless italian cv35 as for amoured cars the nats had amongst others obsolete ww1 ansaldo the rep had the fai and cannon armed ba6.
    this war was also characterized by the building of numerous indeginous armoured vehicles as troop carries namely by the workers of various ship and rail yards one of which the ebro produced no2 is the subject for my model

this is goining to be a relatively quick build quite simple constriction wise and very little external detail on the real thing

scratch camion blidado ebro no2  (armoured lorry/bus) Ebro_s10

simple box like construction is quite evident

scratch camion blidado ebro no2  (armoured lorry/bus) 2008_010

scratch camion blidado ebro no2  (armoured lorry/bus) 2008_011

scratch camion blidado ebro no2  (armoured lorry/bus) 2008_012

scratch camion blidado ebro no2  (armoured lorry/bus) 2008_013

scratch camion blidado ebro no2  (armoured lorry/bus) 2008_015

scratch camion blidado ebro no2  (armoured lorry/bus) 2008_016

scratch camion blidado ebro no2  (armoured lorry/bus) 2008_017

scratch camion blidado ebro no2  (armoured lorry/bus) 2008_018

Last edited by alex on Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

scratch camion blidado ebro no2  (armoured lorry/bus) Empty Re: scratch camion blidado ebro no2 (armoured lorry/bus)

Post  iCocker Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:38 pm

The precessors of MadMax, love these subjects ... I am also a fan of the Spanish Civil War, currently just been reading the new Osprey offering on the subject written by Zaloga.

Very interesting and colourful subjects ... tempted to build something from that period!

Looking forward for this interesting sbs!
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

scratch camion blidado ebro no2  (armoured lorry/bus) Empty Re: scratch camion blidado ebro no2 (armoured lorry/bus)

Post  alexbb Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:46 pm

iCocker wrote:The precessors of MadMax, love these subjects ... I am also a fan of the Spanish Civil War, currently just been reading the new Osprey offering on the subject written by Zaloga.

Very interesting and colourful subjects ... tempted to build something from that period!

Looking forward for this interesting sbs!

have an issue with the camo on this one will need all your feedback its light grey with visible haphazard hand painted green stipes and blotches
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:10 pm

Very interesting!

Now as soon as you finish it MasterBox will issue one!

Regards
    Noel
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:41 pm

What???????

No Bolts and Rivets showing on the body???????

Should be a piece of cake then lol!
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:55 pm

Lovely work as always Alex, really great.

Post  Guest Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:02 pm

Another interesting subject, will keep an eye on this one. Great work Alex. How much will be the rivet count on this one?
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  alexbb Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:20 pm

J.Fenech wrote:Another interesting subject, will keep an eye on this one. Great work Alex. How much will be the rivet count on this one?

not a lot . this was welded armour with just a few bolts here and there
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:19 pm

Alex this vehicle cries for some subtle modulation effects, those panels are designed for this technique and would make a monotone scheme more attractive.

Regarding squiggles and hand paint, I think nothing would beat doing these freehand aswell!

What MG did this have, maxims?
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

scratch camion blidado ebro no2  (armoured lorry/bus) Empty Scratchbuilding guru....

Post  Dottore Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:30 pm

at work again...surely will be another great piec cus...
    Post a pic of the real thing if u find time please...

Dottore
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  alexbb Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:31 pm

iCocker wrote:Alex this vehicle cries for some subtle modulation effects, those panels are designed for this technique and would make a monotone scheme more attractive.

Regarding squiggles and hand paint, I think nothing would beat doing these freehand aswell!

What MG did this have, maxims?

ivan the mg is a hotchkiss (resin offering from sparta)
    agree with you re modulation my only problem is that it is overall very light grey (gis ben claro)
    as for the scribble and blotches do you mean by brush or airbrush as they are very very visible in as being hand painted with certain areas showing brushmark and sharp uneven demarcation

scratch camion blidado ebro no2  (armoured lorry/bus) Ebro_s10

btw even the setting would make an ideal vignette

Last edited by alex on Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:44 pm

Ah lovely MGs from Sparta, I got a couple of Maxims from Euro, they are impressive in detail, the best I came across till date!

As for modulation, though it iis light still you can work it out I guess, just you have to find the right colours to mix and think that the colour you wish to achieve would come out in the highlight and midtones. Regarding the handwork I think paintvrush is the best, maybe try to find a good thin flat brush ...

Iv
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:20 pm

interesting subject and srachbuilding as always Alex......
    Samwel18
    Samwel18
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Samwel18 Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:28 pm

Love it mate Wink

Keep up the good work Smile

Sam =]
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

scratch camion blidado ebro no2  (armoured lorry/bus) Empty update

Post  alexbb Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:33 pm

basically side grills rifle ports and more work on turret .
    resin home cast wheels of which barely a cm will be visible

scratch camion blidado ebro no2  (armoured lorry/bus) 2008_019

scratch camion blidado ebro no2  (armoured lorry/bus) 2008_020

scratch camion blidado ebro no2  (armoured lorry/bus) 2008_021

scratch camion blidado ebro no2  (armoured lorry/bus) 2008_022

scratch camion blidado ebro no2  (armoured lorry/bus) 2008_025
    scratch camion blidado ebro no2  (armoured lorry/bus) 2008_023

scratch camion blidado ebro no2  (armoured lorry/bus) 2008_024

Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:32 pm

I said it before but am going to say it again......you really should get one of these beauties up to EuroMilitaire in the UNPAINTED form....just ONCE, ONLY ONCE Twisted Evil
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  alexbb Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:37 pm

Ray wrote:I said it before but am going to say it again......you really should get one of these beauties up to EuroMilitaire in the UNPAINTED form....just ONCE, ONLY ONCE Twisted Evil

maybe just maybe next year
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:41 pm

alex wrote:
    Ray wrote:I said it before but am going to say it again......you really should get one of these beauties up to EuroMilitaire in the UNPAINTED form....just ONCE, ONLY ONCE Twisted Evil

maybe just maybe next year

Muwaaaaaaaaah I love you lol!
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:34 pm

It is a pity not casting it mate ! You already would have a customer!
    This is one of your finest builds mate, the simplicity and sharp angles makes it very interesting!
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

scratch camion blidado ebro no2  (armoured lorry/bus) Empty construction finished

Post  alexbb Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:36 pm

just finished all construction on this one very few rivets but the weld seams where infuriating.still something good came out. i dicovered how to make weld beads using thin solder .4mm and an old cheap plastic lighter.

scratch camion blidado ebro no2  (armoured lorry/bus) B110

scratch camion blidado ebro no2  (armoured lorry/bus) B1_110

scratch camion blidado ebro no2  (armoured lorry/bus) B1_210

scratch camion blidado ebro no2  (armoured lorry/bus) B1_310

scratch camion blidado ebro no2  (armoured lorry/bus) B1_410

scratch camion blidado ebro no2  (armoured lorry/bus) B1_510

scratch camion blidado ebro no2  (armoured lorry/bus) B1_610

scratch camion blidado ebro no2  (armoured lorry/bus) B1_710

scratch camion blidado ebro no2  (armoured lorry/bus) B1_810

scratch camion blidado ebro no2  (armoured lorry/bus) B1_910

scratch camion blidado ebro no2  (armoured lorry/bus) B1_1010

next a good coat of primer, an even better cleanup and paintwork. i will be using an enamel based grey basecoat for this one as i have to give it the hairspray treatment with green acrylic scribble, slashes and blotches camo which has to be heavily distressed.
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:43 pm

What a beauty Alex, love the welding effects ... is that a hotchkiss MG in the turret?
    Ejja paint it up ... not much more remain to Catania!
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  alexbb Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:00 pm

Ivan yes its the sparta resin hotchkiss
    as for paint i think i will finish it by catania just primed it and not much to correct some blemishes here and there hopefully tomorow i will start spraying grey. do you know of any online article on how to modulate light grey. the reason for usig enamels on this one is to keep paint as thin as possible whilst being strong enough to take on my brand of hairspay distressing which is very rough.
    in nannu pec
    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  in nannu pec Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:13 pm

Unusual......ugly machine but such a beautiful model....proset Alex....fantatstic scratchbuilding as usual....
    In nannu What a Face
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:10 pm

Very realistic welding apart from everything else that is top notch as usual cheers

Post  Guest Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:15 pm

nicely done, really like it. Agree with Louis, it is beautiful in its uglyness(hope I got this right Embarassed ) Let's see some paint on this one please.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:50 am