SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Dottore
iCocker
Proximo41
alexbb
Gordon
Paul Salomone
skyhigh
Ray
Cyril.
13 posters

DH98 Mosquito FB Mk VI. 1/32

Cyril.
    Cyril.
    Bronze
    Bronze

DH98 Mosquito FB Mk VI.   1/32 - Page 2 Empty Re: DH98 Mosquito FB Mk VI. 1/32

Post  Cyril. Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:39 pm

Anyway, I have a couple of questions or queries.

1. The prop blades on the model are of the narrow chord type, whilst the photos show a wide chord propeller blades (paddle type), have a look at the blde tips.
    2. There have been debates as whether the paint under the serial number is Dk.green on one side and Grey on the other, corresponding to the mosquito camo pattern. Photos do show an odd color under the serial numbers on either side.
    3. The fuselage roundels look a bit odd to me as uptill now I haven't come across a staggered fuselage roundel placement before.

All in all cyril managed to produce a fine looking model of the mosquito. I beg your pardon Cyril, but have to ask for learning sake so that we can enhance our knowledge and understanding of the subject.[/b][/quote]

1 Regarding the prop blades I used the ones supplied with the kit, to be honest I found paddle blades in 1/32 scale, and they were bloody expensive, so for the time being they will have to do.
    2 The paint under the serial number is green on oneside and grey on the other, but as I applied the finish on it they slightly changed colour and are not so visible in the photo, but you can check that when I bring the model over.
    3 About the rounlels, as I have just explained, I don't know but I will keep on checking. What ever I find, and however they should be they are going to remain as they are, as I am not willing to paint them all over again. cheers cheers
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:43 pm

Yes Cyril keep at it Cool that is a valid point & no one can/will contradict you Twisted Evil
    Cyril.
    Cyril.
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  Cyril. Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:04 am

Ksirtuli ..... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Are'nt there any comments about the scratch building? confused

Just to remind you Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

The cockpit including all instruments, radio and receiver, compass all seats, wiring, flares, fire extinguisher etc is all scratch built.

The canopy is built of plasticard over the vac form.

The bomb bay, which is split in two, being a Mk VI, has a single bomb, converted from a drop tank, with racks and stuff, and the front part has four 20mm cannon complete with shutes and everything. all scratch built.

And what about the exposed Merlins and the all the piping to the radiators.

The front entry door is also scratch built and also has the wording BEWARE OF AIRSCREWS, which I made on my printer.

If you look through the rear entry hatch, you can see all the cables which control the rear stabilizers and rudder.

The wheel wells have been depened and a new set of resin wheels fitted, after having removed the hub and replaced with a different one.

And now I need a cup of tea as it is late Very Happy Very Happy

Good night my friends, any more comments tomorrow please Sleep Sleep
    in nannu pec
    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  in nannu pec Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:30 am

prosit Cyril....finished it made....beautiful model !
    in nannu
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:11 am

lol! lol! Ksirtuli ..... lol! lol! Are'nt there any comments about the scratch building? lol! lol! And now I need a cup of tea as it is late

Good night my friends, any more comments tomorrow please ... lol! lol!

Good one Cyril, yes it's not fare before we see at the club , Cyril don't touch anything.. just bring it along at the club ...

please Cyril just keep in mind how we love this hobby ...ofcourse I saw and noticed all the work involved.
    because back in the 70's I build one myself....and I now the kit....

But I say it again we are SSM..... and thats why we are famous of our beautifull work....
    So come on Cyril just keep up the good work you have done, and you have done before.. don't stop behind enemy lines keep on going my friend... cheers

Proximo41
    Proximo41
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  Proximo41 Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:45 am

Cyril, what's next in line? The TSR2? I still have not decided yet what i am gonna build after the Crusader. Its either a 109F or the He111. A swastika is going to be the tail for sure Smile
    Cyril.
    Cyril.
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  Cyril. Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:44 pm

Aye Aye Sir, bom drunken Sleep

I will bring it with me the next time I come over. cheers
    Cyril.
    Cyril.
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  Cyril. Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:49 pm

Proximo41 wrote:Cyril, what's next in line? The TSR2? I still have not decided yet what i am gonna build after the Crusader. Its either a 109F or the He111. A swastika is going to be the tail for sure Smile

It could either be the TSR-2 or the B-17F, both in 1/48, but I still need more after market parts for what I have in mind. study scratch

Tancred
    Tancred
    Admin

Post  Tancred Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:28 pm

Prosit Cyril, well done Cool

Next time post some in progress shots so that we can appreciate your work better Wink

Tankred afro
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:05 pm

Lovely work cyril, what a beautiful model of a beautiful aircraft and it is up to your usual very high standard. Well done!!
    Cyril.
    Cyril.
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  Cyril. Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:27 am

J.Fenech wrote:Excellent work Cyril!! Well done with the detail work!!

I agree with Marco about the spinner, it looks a bit off. Regarding the spinner colors I am not sure so I will not comment. I odd thing I noticed, are you sure that the fuselage roundels are in the different positions you depicted them?

Dear JF
    I have been wanting to reply to the roundel question earlier but I was busy.

A photo of the production line at Hatfield shows Mosquitos with their roundels painted on before delivery, the squadron letters were added later when the aircraft were eventually delivered to their respective squadrons.
    DH98 Mosquito FB Mk VI.   1/32 - Page 2 Sam_0342
    It is obvious that the Port and Starbord sides would be a mirror image.

Being a humble person, I bow down to you, I never said you were wrong.
    As I stated earlier, my squadron letters were painted freehand and the model being finished, they will have to remain as they are.
    In life one is always learning no matter how old one is.

Long live SSM, the greatest modelling club on the Island, and all of you who are very good friends and nice people to talk to.
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:13 pm

Cyril who doesn't make mistakes...... As you sad, thats why we are here in this forum ....I learn you learn and we all learn... Laughing

But ... But .. Evil or Very Mad ....you could have asked at least here ....we are all here helping each other to improve our talents (insoma your's talents)... cheers

Post  Guest Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:22 pm

Cyril, you don't have do bow down to me or to anyone. It is not a question of who is right or wrong. Nobody is perfect and we all do mistakes of some sort including me. Anybody thinking that he is perfect or producing 100% perfect models, I think he should reconsider his position. Learning is always ongoing and we always learn or re-learn something.
    Jerzy Ciupek
    Jerzy Ciupek
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  Jerzy Ciupek Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:20 pm

Cyril amazing job you did Shocked

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:46 pm