SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Many congratulations to all members of SSM!

Tiger338

Many congratulations to all members of SSM! Empty Many congratulations to all members of SSM!

Post  Tiger338 Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:15 am

Dear members

Yesterday I had the good fortune to visit the Malta aviation museum in Ta' Qali and, quite apart from being very impressed with the various aircraft exhibits and artifacts, I was blown away by the models on display, the vast majority of which have been completed by members of your very active and thriving club. I have been fortunate enough to visit a large number of aviation museums around the world and I can say, without hesitation, the model display at Ta' Qali is amongst the best if not THE best I have seen. The sheer quality of the models combined with the originality of the dioramas really sets this group apart from the rest. I could have spent hours just looking at the model display. As a frequent visitor/trader at SMW Telford I have always been aware of the presence of modellers from SSM at that event and your success at winning trophies but I was not aware of the total extent of that success until I saw all the trophies on display in the museum (and I feel there are probably lots more). I am very sorry that I will be unable to join you in person next Wednesday since we depart for Norway on Tuesday morning after a great two week holiday on Malta and Gozo. I did manage a short visit to Khobbies yesterday afternoon and had a nice chat with Tony the owner during which we reminisced on old times,including the climb up the spiral staircase at the Britannia Stores......I'm sure I still have a kit or two in my stash bearing the famous gold and black stickers from Britannia stores and the Royal Bazaar !.

Congratulations again, team, and I very much hope that I can meet up with you sometime next year. In the meantime, I'll do what I can to contribute to the website.....we have an aviation museum at home in Stavanger so I can at the very least share some of my photos from there with you.

Good luck at SMW12 for those of you who are going next month !

Mark
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Many congratulations to all members of SSM! Empty Re: Many congratulations to all members of SSM!

Post  skyhigh Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:52 pm

Mark in the name of my SSM memmbers ..I thank you for your compliments ..but I can assure you, that you saw a fraction of my SSM memmbers work ..you have to be at one of our expo to conclude ...

But as always there is always new technique to learn more in this hobby ..but we always made a very good show of our expo .... cheers
    in nannu pec
    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Many congratulations to all members of SSM! Empty Thankyou

Post  in nannu pec Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:13 pm

Mark thankyou for your kind comments about our Society and our works....you are most welcome to our forum and we look forward to view your contributions to this site
    Regards and thanks once again
    In nannu...(grandad of the club ) Smile

Sponsored content

Many congratulations to all members of SSM! Empty Re: Many congratulations to all members of SSM!

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:44 am