SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
David
in nannu pec
Tancred
iCocker
RayCaruana
skyhigh
bcauchi
Ray
Robert
13 posters

IBG MODELS -German small field kitchen 1:35

Robert
    Robert
    Bronze
    Bronze

IBG MODELS -German small field kitchen 1:35 - Page 2 Empty Re: IBG MODELS -German small field kitchen 1:35

Post  Robert Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:42 pm

Ray wrote:
    bcauchi wrote:HAWN TAL_BIGILLA!!!! Nice project!

Good Idea cheers Twisted Evil I love you

Looking nice Robert Cool

HOT DOGS Smile
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

IBG MODELS -German small field kitchen 1:35 - Page 2 Empty Re: IBG MODELS -German small field kitchen 1:35

Post  iCocker Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:01 am

To be exact horse meat was a common ingreadient but I guess dogs, cats and rats probably filled the meat request when not available, I wonder what the starved besieged soldiers in Stalingrad had to endure ...
    Robert
    Robert
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  Robert Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:54 pm

IBG MODELS -German small field kitchen 1:35 - Page 2 Imag0818

IBG MODELS -German small field kitchen 1:35 - Page 2 Imag0820
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:01 pm

Coming along nicely Robert, prosit. Keep it up ghandek xalata ta' weathering.
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:07 pm

welldone Robert..... cheers
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:58 pm

What are those Rob, bullet holes?

Personally I feel a bit overdone, these kitchens were not put on the firing line but behind lines and were an essential item to keep safe, remember soldiers do not fight on an empty stomach ... depends what you have in mind if not a KO vehicle which was left on a side of the road ie, caught in an air raid for example ...
    Robert
    Robert
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  Robert Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:27 pm

iCocker wrote:What are those Rob, bullet holes?

Personally I feel a bit overdone, these kitchens were not put on the firing line but behind lines and were an essential item to keep safe, remember soldiers do not fight on an empty stomach ... depends what you have in mind if not a KO vehicle which was left on a side of the road ie, caught in an air raid for example ...

since I wish to attach this to a truck I thought they might be damaged during transportation.. even weathering u think is overdone?

thank u for pinpointing these details
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:15 pm

Scratches are fine but extreme dents I find it overdone on something not attached to a fighting frontline for, it is my opinion so it is a matter of discussion, I wish others contribute and comment to get different views on weathering options.
    David
    David
    Silver
    Silver

Post  David Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:56 pm

Robert is so excited with his new modelling hobby that he want to experiment new fields.Considering with just four models he has touched almost all subjects except marine which that is reserved for elite, he is doing fine.
    He is still in the learning curve which is more of a spike and he is willing to listen but he needs to finish as many nodels as possible to quench his desire.

keep modelling
    Eventually!
    D
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:42 pm

Robert is a super fast learner & as David stated he is trying to quench his thirst with as many models & with as many techniques as possible. He will learn from his over zealousness for sure & mostly from the able guidance of the seasoned veterans such as Ivan Twisted Evil cheers

Robert, stay tuned Shocked
    Robert
    Robert
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  Robert Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:43 pm

Yes you are all right. I want to experiment everything and learn as much as I can.

I thank you for your help and advices..
    Robert
    Robert
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  Robert Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:01 pm

IBG MODELS -German small field kitchen 1:35 - Page 2 2013-013

IBG MODELS -German small field kitchen 1:35 - Page 2 2013-014
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:46 pm

Looks very goooooood Rob cheers
    David
    David
    Silver
    Silver

Post  David Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:30 pm

pipe looks better now

D
    Robert
    Robert
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  Robert Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:28 pm

David wrote:pipe looks better now

D

thanks to you.
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

IBG MODELS -German small field kitchen 1:35 - Page 2 Empty Coming along nicely...

Post  Dottore Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:10 am

Personally I wouldn't have applied the damage but that's just my personal preference...

Keep us posted!

Dottore
    in nannu pec
    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  in nannu pec Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:17 am

Prosit Robert....well done....fast learner...and a modeler who likes to experiment...that's the way Robert...keep at it !....
    In Nannu Cool
    ferraribert
    ferraribert
    Highly Commended
    Highly Commended

Post  ferraribert Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:28 am

Well done Robert....it came very nice....I like it, now the truck!!
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:29 am

Are you still planning to have teh kitchen ontop the truck or pulled?

That redish patina is not clear from fotos, is it terrain weathering or rust patina?

I would add some sooth inside and on the top part of the pipe aswell, check some reference images to help you. Do not forget some glossy stains ...

Keep them coming Rob
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:53 am

iCocker wrote:Are you still planning to have teh kitchen ontop the truck or pulled?

That redish patina is not clear from fotos, is it terrain weathering or rust patina?

I would add some sooth inside and on the top part of the pipe aswell, check some reference images to help you. Do not forget some glossy stains ...

Keep them coming Rob

Nothing escapes your keen eye Suspect

bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:13 am

If you really want to add some damage to it Rob, just go for dents and scratches but avoid the bullet holes. I am sure that with handling, it would have been dented and bruised. That would look cool.
    Robert
    Robert
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  Robert Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:43 am

iCocker wrote:Are you still planning to have teh kitchen ontop the truck or pulled?

Keep them coming Rob

thats terrain Ivan but I have to do it again because when I applied the stain varnish it came like that.

Pulled that's why I kept the wheels.the pipe still has a lot of work to be done and there's more weathering to be done as well.

Theres more work to be done.but I thank you and appreciate your comments
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:48 am

Understood, asked you if pulled or not is because of the trim of the wooden wheels, if these are pulled they are fine, if these are stationed on the truck a rust patina will look more realistic as the metal is not being polished with the terrain anymore.

Regarding the soot, I think you should add, will add character ... though being transported these kitchens would have been used before ...

Avoid varnishes after weathering, it will destroy the whole idea, you have to create different sheens, so keep that in mind, if weathering mud or dust work also different colours ... keep in mind the terrain this gonna be, Russia will be different from France for example. Russian campaign was almost devoid of proper roads apart the big cities, France is more common to find harder terrain and cobbled streets ... keep always the weather in mind, as it reflect your weathering.

You are inspiring me doing the russian counterpart ... but have too many loose ends for the time being Sad so better focus on one project ...
    RayCaruana
    RayCaruana
    Gold
    Gold

Post  RayCaruana Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:14 am

iCocker wrote:
    Regarding the soot, I think you should add, will add character ... though being transported these kitchens would have been used before ...

Rob, if you want I can get you some very realistic soot...aquarium charcoal (carbon) dust. Keep up the good work mate cheers
    Robert
    Robert
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  Robert Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:57 pm

RayCaruana wrote:
    iCocker wrote:

Rob, if you want I can get you some very realistic soot...aquarium charcoal (carbon) dust. Keep up the good work mate cheers

thanks ray....I thought of using black smoke pigment by mig.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:18 pm