SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
bcauchi
iCocker
in nannu pec
Tancred
Ray
9 posters

My Love The Kenworth, King of the Rigs :)

Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

My Love The Kenworth, King of the Rigs :) Empty My Love The Kenworth, King of the Rigs :)

Post  Ray Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:38 pm

Hubert please tell me there is & where to find a kit of this AWESOME OLD BEAST with whom I had a love affair 30 & 28yrs ago Evil or Very Mad which I rekindled out of ALL expectations since the 9th of May last I love you

So old, but so mighty reliable....WARRABBLI HA NAGHDDI GHAX NAGHDDI MINN FUQEK fil-veru sens tal-kelma Twisted Evil

My Love The Kenworth, King of the Rigs :) Pictur45

My Love The Kenworth, King of the Rigs :) Pictur46

My Love The Kenworth, King of the Rigs :) Pictur47

My Love The Kenworth, King of the Rigs :) Pictur48
    Tancred
    Tancred
    Admin

My Love The Kenworth, King of the Rigs :) Empty Re: My Love The Kenworth, King of the Rigs :)

Post  Tancred Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:41 pm

What a monster affraid and the last photo with a person next to it as in models, gives you an idea of the massive size!

Tankred afro
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

My Love The Kenworth, King of the Rigs :) Empty Re: My Love The Kenworth, King of the Rigs :)

Post  Ray Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:54 pm

Tancred wrote:What a monster affraid and the last photo with a person next to it as in models, gives you an idea of the massive size!

Yes TanKRed it is BIG cheers

And to further PROOVE it.......the engine has TWO RADIATORS Shocked hence the tapered bonnet Cool
    in nannu pec
    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  in nannu pec Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:08 am

Wow !affraidaffraidaffraidaffraidaffraid that's a fine looking beast !
    In nannu8)
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:32 am

Monogram used to have mate, but I recall they were container trucks not this sort ... will await Hubert.

So you are back with the 8th Army in Libya?
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:00 pm

X'annimal dak!  Would make an awesome model!
    Paul Salomone
    Paul Salomone
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Paul Salomone Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:06 pm

Mighty beast indeed,
    From what I can see it must be American and Kenworth or Mack. What is sure that the truck has been modified to suit the desert conditions, and that is why it is equipped with 2 radiators. Trucks of that kind are also equipped with huge oil coolers.
    Where exactly did you have this encounter Ray?
    The truck must be a late 70's production.
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:27 pm

Paul Salomone wrote:Mighty beast indeed,
    From what I can see it must be American and Kenworth or Mack. What is sure that the truck has been modified to suit the desert conditions, and that is why it is equipped with 2 radiators. Trucks of that kind are also equipped with huge oil coolers.
    Where exactly did you have this encounter Ray?
    The truck must be a late 70's production.

Paul, it is the Kenworth, the King of the Rigs cheers

Fell in love with this beast in 1983 when with Corinthia in the Libyan Sahara & used to cater for Dowell Schlumberger cheers

Rekindled my affair in 1985 when self catering with Christian Int in the same desert cheers

Now after 28yrs I made a round about turn & went back to my Catering roots in that same desert & I'm head over heels IN LOVE again with this AWESOME & MAGNIFICENT BEAST I love you

There were a lot of them beasts back then (and still there are a lot of survivors even if a lot are in hospital Sad) but honestly don't know if they were modified or specifically built for desert conditions Cool

Hubert PLEASE tell me that there is a KIT AVAILABLE of this Beauty PLEASE  pale 
    ferraribert
    ferraribert
    Highly Commended
    Highly Commended

Post  ferraribert Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:38 am

Good morning Ray,

Glad you’re back Very Happy

the closest thing that I could find:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canadian-Kenworth-924-FULL-kit-Cab-chassis-engine-wheels-1-25-scale-resin-kit-/221217250656?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item3381935d60

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canadian-Kenworth-924-FULL-kit-Cab-1-25-scale-resin-kit-NO-CHASSIS-AND-ENGINE-/221224648398?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item3382043ece
    it is not an easy model to find and so it will not be cheap. Still it is not an exact one like your photo but at least it is quite close thus minimising the amount of alterations.

Will speak tonight

Hue
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:19 pm

ferraribert wrote:Good morning Ray,

Glad you’re back Very Happy

the closest thing that I could find:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canadian-Kenworth-924-FULL-kit-Cab-chassis-engine-wheels-1-25-scale-resin-kit-/221217250656?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item3381935d60

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canadian-Kenworth-924-FULL-kit-Cab-1-25-scale-resin-kit-NO-CHASSIS-AND-ENGINE-/221224648398?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item3382043ece
    it is not an easy model to find and so it will not be cheap. Still it is not an exact one like your photo but at least it is quite close thus minimising the amount of alterations.

Will speak tonight

Hue

It is definitely smaller at least from what I'm seeing pale
    ferraribert
    ferraribert
    Highly Commended
    Highly Commended

Post  ferraribert Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:45 pm

Yes it seems so, but you have to keep in mind that the model that you saw in the desert has been modified….larger wheels, longer chassis ….twin radiators etc.
    All of these modifications have been made so that this Kenworth will be fit its job in the desert.
    They have to be scratch built as you will not find an exact similar model. I think that the one I showed you is quite close (except the twin radiators in the front)

Hue
    Paul Salomone
    Paul Salomone
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Paul Salomone Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:02 pm

Hello All, Very Happy

Trucks of this type, are surely to have been designed specifically for the user (Client). In many cases they would still use the same cabin, and a modified chassis. In my opinion, buy the kit or see if Italeri has the Kenworth in 1:24th scale. A site worth visiting is www.oldmodelkits.com, There you may find old Revell kits, Monogram, Frog and others.
    But still, you will have to modify the kit. If I were you, I would take as many photos as you could. As you know, research is essential.
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:39 pm

Is this close Hubert , as per radiator shape....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-50-Kenworth-953-A-TRUCK-TRACTOR-SHORT-CHASSIS-Handmade-Resin-Model-/251288665710?pt=Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item3a81f8be6e#ht_2274wt_759

My Love The Kenworth, King of the Rigs :) Kgrhqj10

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-50-KENWORTH-953-A-Oilfield-bed-truck-High-Quality-Resin-KIT-by-Dan-Models-/261228676899?pt=Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item3cd2714723#ht_1845wt_759

My Love The Kenworth, King of the Rigs :) 5e36_310

My Love The Kenworth, King of the Rigs :) Pictur10
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:26 am

skyhigh wrote:Is this close Hubert , as per radiator shape....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-50-Kenworth-953-A-TRUCK-TRACTOR-SHORT-CHASSIS-Handmade-Resin-Model-/251288665710?pt=Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item3a81f8be6e#ht_2274wt_759

My Love The Kenworth, King of the Rigs :) Kgrhqj10

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-50-KENWORTH-953-A-Oilfield-bed-truck-High-Quality-Resin-KIT-by-Dan-Models-/261228676899?pt=Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item3cd2714723#ht_1845wt_759

My Love The Kenworth, King of the Rigs :) 5e36_310

THAT IS EXACTLY MY BEAUTY MARCO cheers

FINALLY YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY DELIVERED SOMETHING FOR ME I love you

THANK YOU SO MUCH Twisted Evil

Hubert, don't tell me that you're not going to build one as well lol!

Well, on close inspection I realised that both are RESIN MODELS so any buyer must buy the ready made model Sad
    5Nige
    5Nige
    Commended
    Commended

Post  5Nige Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:48 pm

Ray, shown this post to my dad and almost brought a tear to his eyes. He immediately recognized the Kenworth 500, and started re-counting his encounters with this mechanical beast, as at times he actually carried repairs on them. The told me that the radiators were so heavy that no one single person could actually carry on his own. Such trucks, amongst many tasks, were also used when they carried accommodation caravans from one camp site to another. There also used to be the larger version, the Kenworth 900.

Thanks Ray for permitting my dad to once again take a trip back in time to re-visit his working days in Libya!

Alan
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:32 am

5Nige wrote:Ray, shown this post to my dad and almost brought a tear to his eyes.  He immediately recognized the Kenworth 500, and started re-counting his encounters with this mechanical beast, as at times he actually carried repairs on them. The told me that the radiators were so heavy that no one single person could actually carry on his own.  Such trucks, amongst many tasks, were also used when they carried accommodation caravans from one camp site to another.  There also used to be the larger version, the Kenworth 900.

Thanks Ray for permitting my dad to once again take a trip back in time to re-visit his working days in Libya!

Alan

The Honour is MINE Alan cheers

Is he sure there were bigger Kenworths & this is not the one?

This is the Kenworth 953 as explained in the pics/kits' captions Marco posted cheers  
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:40 am

This prooves that this model was not built in Libya and/or field modified, but Kenworth did actually PURPOSELY build/still building this beautiful beast for the specified task cheers  I love you

Hubert where are you??????? Evil or Very Mad

My Love The Kenworth, King of the Rigs :) 13101_10
    My Love The Kenworth, King of the Rigs :) 13101_11
    My Love The Kenworth, King of the Rigs :) 13101_12
    My Love The Kenworth, King of the Rigs :) 13101_13
    My Love The Kenworth, King of the Rigs :) 13101_14
    My Love The Kenworth, King of the Rigs :) 13101_15
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:26 pm

Some more pics of my Desert Baby Beast the Kenworth cheersI love you

My Love The Kenworth, King of the Rigs :) Pictur11

My Love The Kenworth, King of the Rigs :) Pictur12

Dolley Wheels which are attached at the tail of the Oil Rig when moving!
    My Love The Kenworth, King of the Rigs :) Pictur13

My Love The Kenworth, King of the Rigs :) Pictur19

My Love The Kenworth, King of the Rigs :) Pictur15

My Love The Kenworth, King of the Rigs :) Pictur16

My Love The Kenworth, King of the Rigs :) Pictur18

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:22 am