SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

waldron sub-precision punch and die set

Andrewt
    Andrewt

waldron sub-precision punch and die set Empty waldron sub-precision punch and die set

Post  Andrewt Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:15 pm

Waldron's sub-precision punch and die set is way too expensive! Is there any replacement , much cheaper version? I need to engrave circles about 0.5mm

waldron sub-precision punch and die set Empty Re: waldron sub-precision punch and die set

Post  Guest Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:14 pm

have a look at this one - http://www.micromark.com/micro-punch-set,8603.html
    Andrewt
    Andrewt

waldron sub-precision punch and die set Empty Re: waldron sub-precision punch and die set

Post  Andrewt Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:31 am

Hi J.fenech. The range starts from 1mm. I need the 0.5mm. I have searched the net with no success. Waldrons are the only company I found to make such small punches.
    ascomt
    ascomt
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  ascomt Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:32 pm

Hi Andrew

don't know at the moment how much a Waldron Set costs - that is if you manage to find one.  

Try this for an alternative >> http://www.hobbyeasy.com/en/data/tiyvscta6vj9wm5emoh8.html   that is if it's not more expensive.

Currently it seems to be out of stock..but you might just get an idea of the product.

Alex
    Andrewt
    Andrewt

Post  Andrewt Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:30 pm

Thanks Alex. Out of stock
    Tancred
    Tancred
    Admin

Post  Tancred Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:36 pm

Check this one out http://www.historexagents.com/shop/hxproductdetail.php?ProductCode=RPTPD

Does look expensive Shocked 

Tankred afro
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:38 am

Andrew may I suggest ........ If I was you , for a first build models ... I rather give more attention in the construction and painting apperence , these small tiny may be hidden detail , will deal with them later....... start build and paint..then I go for more detail..or you end up to take years to finish a model...........

Just my 5c..........cheers 
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:51 am

skyhigh wrote:Andrew may I suggest ........ If I was you , for a first build models ... I rather give more attention in the construction and painting apperence , these small tiny may be hidden detail , will deal with them later....... start build and paint..then I go for more detail..or you end up to take years to finish a model...........

Just my 5c..........cheers   
    Andrew, this is SOUND ADVICE INDEED HONESTLY, as HE said, FINISH A MODEL in the meantime of your SEARCH for whatever Twisted Evil 

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:35 am