SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Yury Serebryakov's new bust - Viking

Samwel18
    Samwel18
    Silver
    Silver

Yury Serebryakov's new bust - Viking Empty Yury Serebryakov's new bust - Viking

Post  Samwel18 Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:27 pm

what a beauty..but I if i buy it i will omit the visor so i would not leave the DETAILED face hidden....Smile

enjoy Smile

Yury Serebryakov's new bust - Viking A10
    Yury Serebryakov's new bust - Viking B10
    Yury Serebryakov's new bust - Viking C10
    Yury Serebryakov's new bust - Viking E10
    Yury Serebryakov's new bust - Viking F10
    Yury Serebryakov's new bust - Viking G10
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Yury Serebryakov's new bust - Viking Empty Re: Yury Serebryakov's new bust - Viking

Post  Ray Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:53 pm

WOW this man surely SCULPTS LIKE AN IMMORTAL IMHO Shocked

I'm going to buy this beauty for sure cheers

Ray affraid
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Yury Serebryakov's new bust - Viking Empty Re: Yury Serebryakov's new bust - Viking

Post  bcauchi Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:09 am

That is truly magnificent, what a work of art.
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:11 am

What I'm finding a bit odd this morning is the fur item thrown over the cloak. Ok I know that he comes from a very cold climate, but still, the way it is worn, it is a bit odd IMHO Sad

I would still buy it anyway Laughing

Ray affraid
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:00 pm

Could it have been some sort of camouflage to seem like an animal when hiding the the forest in ambush? I think that they used such tactics.
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:36 am

bcauchi wrote:Could it have been some sort of camouflage to seem like an animal when hiding the the forest in ambush? I think that they used such tactics.

Fejn qrajtha din Brian f'LOTR?

Joking apart, scandinavian and north European used fur for climate protection but there was a Viking group called Berserks, these were a bit nuts and thaught they were inclined more to bears and wild animals and attacked enemy barechested with axes ... part of their 'attire' was wild animal pelts to look agressive, might Yuri took some inspiration from these, but from waht he is dressed up, mail nad helmet the Viking surely was a high ranked 'knight' or noble ... mail was an expensive garment and not afforded by all men in teh street ...

Ivan
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:29 am

iCocker wrote:
    bcauchi wrote:Could it have been some sort of camouflage to seem like an animal when hiding the the forest in ambush? I think that they used such tactics.

Fejn qrajtha din Brian f'LOTR?

Joking apart, scandinavian and north European used fur for climate protection but there was a Viking group called Berserks, these were a bit nuts and thaught they were inclined more to bears and wild animals and attacked enemy barechested with axes ... part of their 'attire' was wild animal pelts to look agressive, might Yuri took some inspiration from these, but from waht he is dressed up, mail nad helmet the Viking surely was a high ranked 'knight' or noble ... mail was an expensive garment and not afforded by all men in teh street ...

Ivan

Tajba Ivan "Fejn qrajtha din Brian f'LOTR?" Laughing

Inkella kif itella naqa posts hux, ghax Ray biss jippostja bl-addocc Laughing mela ma rajthomx dawk it-tlett paragraphs KLASSICI b'zewg minuti intervall fuq il-kuluri tal Hurricane MKIIC Laughing
    U minn mindu sirt tifhem fil-Vikings Brian Laughing (x'nidhak Bri, Alla baghtek haha)

Joking apart cheers what I find a bit odd is the fur over the cloak as from reference I have, it seems that when/if any fur was worn it wasn't worn over the woolen cloak. Maybe Yuri took some artistic licence on this one, which IMHO is a bit pitiful given that immaculate face and his delicately sculpted mail. I don't know if its too late for him to depict this bust with either or now Sad

Ray affraid
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:49 am

Ara qed jghamlu min kollox biex jilhuk certu nies sunny bom

I agree the fur look strange, Iguess there might be some artistic licence and as well to add some different texture in the bust as well. The face is brilliant, though do not like that much the helmet, especially the mask as it hides such a beauty. Brobably this bust could do without a helmet as well ... this viking looks to me to be more a Rus then his Scandinavian brothers ...

Ivan
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:29 am

iCocker wrote:Ara qed jghamlu min kollox biex jilhuk certu nies sunny bom

I agree the fur look strange, Iguess there might be some artistic licence and as well to add some different texture in the bust as well. The face is brilliant, though do not like that much the helmet, especially the mask as it hides such a beauty. Brobably this bust could do without a helmet as well ... this viking looks to me to be more a Rus then his Scandinavian brothers ...

Ivan

Tajba Ivan......niccajtaw naqa hux cheers

Re helmet, I don't think its ready yet, maybe some metal weave on the eyebrows of the mask, and given the large scale, I don't think it will hide much. However, to me it seems that it is a hybrid between the Vendel age helmets and the Spangenhelm.
    Re your valid observation of him being a Rus, maybe Yuri have some reference of fur worn over the woolen cloak What a Face but again from my source re Vikings, Europa Militaria No6, which is a detailed reconstructed reference full of faithful re enactors, does not show anywhere this strange phenomenon, even on the Rus chapter pale

Anyway the bust will sell like peacakes nonetheless bounce

Ray affraid

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:31 pm